Yinding "5050 30W" round die domeless led tested

Oh, thanks for the clarification. I didn’t know which one was CW and which was NW, but from what I have the “one with the glass” is better and that’s NW then. I recall being confused about the terminology used in the aliex store.

The non-glass one I have has an ugly green tint, but did that get fixed?

I’ve been afraid to remove the glass until I have backups.

Don’t use the glass one if you intend to use an Aspheric lens or similar

If you do then:

Lots of ugly artifacts

Very interesting observation! The negation also holds: if you intend to use a reflector, DO use the glass one and AVOID the white compound one! The white compound version is often horribly off-center, while I haven't seen a glass version nearly as bad. Reflectors are much more sensitive to centering issues than aspherics.

Which aspherics is that and what candela performance did you get? It doesn’t look that bad, except that strange looking orange/bluish corona around the main cold blue hotspot? Very strange since it is declared like neutral white 5000K emitter.

It’s a Convoy Z1

The version with the white stuff gave a way nicer hotspot.

I don’t have any candela measurements since I don’t have a lux meter.

I could give you comparison beamshots?

OMG! Imho hotspot looks horrible now when you zoomed that in :person_facepalming: . What is that? It has all rainbow colours :smiley: :beer: LGBTQ community would surely like that :+1:

Lux meter is “must have” in our hobby. UNI T UT383 is one really good one. Budget friendly to… It would also tell you performance difference between Glass and White shelled Yinding.

Yes! It would be very nice if you could take comparison photo with other Cold Blue White Shell Yinding. :+1:

You misunderstood me, the last picture is the cold blue white shell one. I like it more cause it has no artifacts.

It does have a slight rainbow but I don’t mind that
https://www.reddit.com/gallery/wykwlq

The gallery contains a couple more pictures with the white shell YinDing

You are kidding me right? :smiley: The last one ain’t cold blue tint which should have 6000-6500K. Yes! I get you! Maybe it is declared as cold blue from seller, but it ain’t for sure! That looks more like yellowish 3000-3500K temperature.

The first Glass one which is declared as Neutral White probably has 5500-6000K temperature.

If I had to choose one it would be the first Glass one then. You can remove glass mirror effect with some kind of black epoxy around the emitter. Or very dark thick marker if you didn’t remove the glass protection from emitter like some guys did in this thread.

Thanks M8! :beer: :+1:

There is a meme in your mind, which you have assigned a certain character, and when you see a rainbow now, this is what comes to you. It’s like a worm, living inside of you, waiting to be born again. Now It’s crawling across our screens, leaving a trail of slime in its wake. Who will it crawl into next?

Yeah… Sure. Rainbow flag is certainly associated with above-mentioned, which in fact is really nothing to make fuzz about or nothing to be ashamed off. So I don’t get your point?

At the risk of confusing things even further, I see the AliExpress page for these now has “white” as an option with a stated CCT of 3000-3200K. I’m going to give em a try.

Which of the many sellers are you talking about?
LHT?

That’s what he meant.

According to their “datasheet” the warm white one is more efficient than the cold white one.

Very unusual but curious how it looks :slight_smile:

bought some warm ones too :slight_smile: (not for output-testing but I may compare them to the cool ones anyway)

Warm one could be good for foggy weather. Looking forward for comparison.

Guys,

About round LED emitters beside mentioned Yinding we have following:

L50 glass Blue 450nm 20W 5A 200 Lumens alilink

L50 2 versions of glass white one 20W 6A 1500 Lumens 6000K & 8000K alilink (an obvious choice between 2 glass versions).

L50 HI 20W 5A 1800 Lumens White 6500K SMD 5050 LED Emitter alilink

This seller offers 4 versions of round emitter.

So what should be the most interesting for us is “L50 HI” emitter claiming to have 1800 Lumens at 5A current draw.

There’s a new 3000K version available, I’m testing it and so far it’s looking good.

Beam looks very neutral and my samples handled high currents just fine. The spec selector still misleading tho, so be careful if you want to buy it. The ring on the beam is caused by the reflector of the host used (SC31 Pro). The emitting surface is slightly off center, it wasn’t a problem for the small reflector i’m using, but for a C8 sized reflector it can be a problem.

OMG! Thanks man :+1:

Reminds me on my old halogen lights but it is turbo halogen :beer:

This would look like a moon under aspheric lenses?

Whoa! I can’t wait for mine to arrive! IMO these could be a pretty big development for throwers.