Your best stock flashlight buy in 2014?

Mine has to be the Sunwayman D40A. From moonlight mode to turbo and it runs on AA’s. Very easy light to recommend to non-flashaholics.

^ D40A, good call. I didn't buy mine in 2014, but I would call it my best all time stock light (Not stock now though).

Since I tend to buy lights on the cheap that have problems (gives me stuff to mod), my best stock purchase is a clear stand out, the TK75. Also the most expensive light I have ever purchased. I wouldn't have purchased a light like this, but it has so much right and has so much mod potential as RaceR86 has shown.

My Coast HP550. I run the latest gen. Eneloops in it…

i also got a nextorch k3 penlight too and it goes well so far. the design’s nice and compact, i carry it everday and it works well every time i need a light.

My pleasure, Gaston.

Easy choice here, The LuckySun D80 is it for me in 2014.
This torch just continues to amaze and impress me for the size/cost/output and ease of carry/use.

It has a very pleasant beam, killer AR lens, great build quality and light weight.
The UI mode sequence, as is well known is funky, but considering it always comes on to High and has a very nice .04 amp low, these modes are really all you usually need. When you want to impress someone the over 4 amp Turbo will do that in short order when using a quality battery.

Dollar for dollar it is hard to beat.
Full review here;

Great thread,
Thanks,
Keith

Well, I only bought two lights this year (although I did get a great drop-in from a great member), so it is easy for me. The Eagle Eye BLF Special Edition.

The LuckySun D80 probably would have been the best stock bang for the buck light, until I got the Lustfire K08… $19 and change for the best stock thrower I’ve seen, big heavy head, AR lens, 2x26650 or 18650, nice adonizing, nice smooth threads…really impressed with it and wish I had gotten more than one before they were sold out! Was thinking I’d try to make my first mod to an MTG2 with it…but now I’m not sure I want to mess with it even.

http://www.tmart.com/LustFire-K08-10W-1200LM-500m-Range-Aviation-Aluminum-Alloy-Flashlight-Torch-Black_p186582.html?fixed_price=us_us&utm_source=sas&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=aff

for stock lights ? most likely my X40. also M51, maybe the Sunwayman F40A ? i have to many.

For me its the Thrunite tn32 -factory pimped hot rod pushing the xml2 on heavy heatsink to 6 amps.

Probably my ZL SC600 L2, it’s always in my pocket at work ready to go, absurb brightness for a single 18650 and probably the best UI of any light out there.

Seems I need to get a K40M after reading this thread, I already own a K40vn and X40…

Is it really 1000+ lumens?

1100 for CW, it’s a shallow reflector so it’s hard to tell, don’t have any other single 18650 shallow reflector lights to compare it to

m6 from mountain.
had to do nothing but load it with batteries.
first class!

+1 for K40M. Handheld light cannon. Great price, build quality and UI.

K40M Da Bomb :slight_smile:

I have only bought one light this year. And I am very satisfied with it. It’s Sunwayman V25c. Thanks to this forum I found great deal on this at Doingoutdoors.

Zebralight SC62w. It’s more expensive than no-name/smaller brands; about the same price as the big name lights. Very compact, offers a lot of light and has a good user interface.

my.convoy s8 xml2 u2,supfire m6,ultrafire sk68 xml u2,armytek wizard pro…
iam sad,that no heartaching models for the last time……:frowning:

The Lumintop Tool XP-G2 version.

But then again, I only bought 2 lights in 2014! Yeah you read it right 2 LIGHTS.

Usually I would say: who never bought only 2 lights in a year throw the first stone, but in this case I don’t think I would have much of a chance so instead of stones, start throwing flashlights.

Joking aside I really like the light, even without the moonlight mode.