Your coolest / best / favorite flashlight of 2022

JKK90 2x26650 SBT90.2 ,shorter 1.5cm and cheaper than convoy L7 (also with better UI at least for me) , this beast’s mode 2/4 is like high mode on other flashlights, great throw, its very usable in close range too (unlike my w2 astrolux), my best flashlight so far (still waiting for ts10 tho).

Thrower: Wurkkos TS30S w/ SBT90.2
Multi purpose light: Convoy M21E w/ Getian GT-FC40 4500k
Around the house: Convoy S21D w/ Nichia 219b 4500k
Highest Ra/R9 in industry: Convoy M21B w/ Nichia B35AM 4500k
Headlamp: Convoy H2 Headlamp w/ Nichia 219b 4500k
The scary light lol: Nightwatch Chaos NS59v2 :slight_smile: (not here yet, but coming, all 31k lumens of it)

What I find amazing is that Wurkkos won last year with TS21 and they won this year with TS10. They may not have won, but they beat the competition. This to me means they are listening.

Seems like a really compelling single button alternative to the L7. Is the button as flat and smooth as it looks in the pictures?

I bought more than I usually do because there were some neat new releases…and for these kind of polls I only think about new models released during the year.

Top favorites were:

Sofirn SP10 Pro and the phenomenal work that gchart did to bring that into reality.

Emisar D4K (for me with dark grey host, extra cyan bezel for pop, and 519A 4500K emitters and boost driver)…that became instant love and edc/working light that tops all others for me unless I need more reach.

Convoy T2 Titanium (got the polished host with 519A 5000K emitters)…really nice with the crisp machining and classy addition of the metal clicky button.

Convoy M21 with the powerful SBT-X10 UV 365nm emitter. Holy cow that is a powerhouse of a UV light…super throwy and almost too intense for what the majority of people will ever use UV for.

Wurkkos TS10…got a few in different colors and with both the 6000K and 4000K emitters. Very nice little light in the “corrected” versions although still could use some improvement in little ways.

As for best/favorite, the TS10 gets knocked off the list, as much as I love it, because of the release-with-errors. Wurkkos seems passionate about designing and fixing problems but when companies release lights with clear problems/lack of testing/QC then to me that bumps them out of the running. If I had to pick, it would be either the D4K or the SP10 Pro.

If I’m really forced to pick my favorite new model of 2022 it would be the D4K with boost.

So nice to have a high quality compact multi-emitter 21700 with regulated output. The WildTrail WT3M from last year was/is also very much a favorite light but other than a touch of extra length I think the D4K trumps it (also have the distinction of more floody optic vs. less floody reflector between the two models).

Yes its flat but not completely like in sofirn lights, its a little bit rounded so u can feel better the center of it, its pretty good.

Wurkkos TS10

I don’t think I purchased any new lights in 2022. I did receive two Old Lumens contest awards - my favorite is easily MtnDon’s miniature wooden lantern.

Convoy L21B with SFT40.

Convoy S21D 8A 519A 5000K 60-degree bead.

Updated till here.

@benz: yes, headlamps as well

@Chicken Drumstick: yes, that’s totally possible. It’s basically Hank’s fault to use the exact same name for an updated version. Should be business 101. But it could be they are referring to the older D1 as well? I don't know. Never heard of the D1 Mini either. Not very clear from the answers IMHO.

So far, that Wurkkos TS10 is doing pretty well on the list

add another vote for the Wurkkos TS10

Despite I am still using my modded Eagtac D25C triple w/ H17F driver as EDC, the Wurkkos TS10 and the Lumintop Frog were the lights I carried the most this year as EDC. So my vote would go to them.

EDC: Convoy S21E (519A 4000K)
Thrower: Sofirn IF22A

I’ll vote for Emisar D4K :smiley:

Wurkkos TS10

ZebraLight SC600w IV Plus HI

Winner: Noctigon DM1.12 in white. It’s currently in pieces on my bench :slight_smile:

Runners up: Wildtrail wt90, wish it were regulated
Dt8 e21a dual channel with copper short tube, my most used light.

Can I vote for another one. Just got in a Noctigon DM11 with a SBT-90.2
I think that does it for my flashlight budget. Holidays coming. Time to get fat.

Hank Wangs Emisar D4K. The love of the D4V2 with a 21700.