Your Most expensive & cheapest Light.

deft-x $609 (price has been raised to $895 now… lol.)
DQG TI-AAA - free from the holiday giveaway
cheapest light i actually paid for was the police 3w light from fast tech last winter when they opened. 1 cent!

TK75

Police 3W that I never got.

SK68

what did you use for a pill?

The most expensive light I just good a couple weeks ago. I broke down and bought a Vin M2500 mtg p60 drop in and put it in a Solarforce L2T. I have around $130 in it. I really, really like this light. Very nice wide beam, but I am partial to flooders. Cheapest, I have plenty of cheapo lights under $10.

it was a 16mm aluminum star the XP-E was on, i trimmed it down and just stuck it there against the plastic original retainer that held the PC board of the original 5mm LED. I left it with the stock driver so it dont over heat the LED. Its still 3 or 4 times brighter than the original LED was.

wow not many can say they have a Deft-x.

Supbeam K40

MXDL 3w

I waited 9 months for it…. Last time I ever do a prepay for a light that’s still under development…. And the last time I ever order from saabluster.

But all that aside its a great and cool light

Let’s see:
I should still have a McGizmo Sundrop somewhere (from a few years back.) That’s probably my pricest.

And for cheapest. -> that would be a ~$9 C8 from Amazon.com I picked up a few months ago.

FYI - I edc nothing now as it’s rare for me leave the house.

AZ

Was it worth the over half a grand though ?

Most expensive is my eye40vn at $270.

Least expensive is the mdxl 3w for 1 cent.

And everywhere in between

I’ve never been much for high priced lights, and I think the most expensive is a D40A that FastTech hooked me the whole $79 for (by lying through their teeth on a rebate )… The cheapest are those sub $1 lights that we all have.

The most valued is a Preon 2 Ti that I use daily, followed by pretty well any of my various Convoys. If that D40A went in a trade on some more Convoys I’d never miss it.

Here is a photo of my most expensive light and the cheapest. Left is an Olight SR90 mounted to a handle mount with other special lights, ( total cost close to $ 400) and a 89 Cent yellow plastic single-AA keychain light with an incandesent bulb i still have.

My most expensive lights?

Lenslight Mini - zoomable XPG-R5 neutral tin. 2-mode CR123 light. Cost: Around $160.
Jetbeam TCR1 - Titanium version of the RRT-01. Cost was also around $160.

My least expensive lights? Not sure. I have a couple of those free plastic keychain lights one of the vendors tosses in their order (I forget which vendor. Goinggear maybe?) I also have a cheap plastic 1xAAA incandescent that came out of one of those Christmas crackers.

The most expensive one in my collection hasn’t actually shipped yet… Eagletac D25A Ti 2014 Nichia 219. It was about $66, I think. After that, my ZL H51w, which was $64 direct from Zebralight.

I had a TK75 for a while (which dwarfs the cost of any other other light I’ve ever had), but it was just too big and too bright for a city girl so I gave it to my dad.

Cheapest? Either a SK-68 or a custom-built red light I made from a few cheap parts at Radio Shack a long time ago. Or the Photon clone included with one of my orders as a freebie. I actually kept an original blue Photon on my keychain for a long time… it almost never got used since the batteries weren’t rechargeable.

Most expensive straight-up would be a SuperShocker at USD$205
Most expensive stock would be Solarforce S2200 at USD$145.99
Most expensive per-lumen would be my baby Zebralight SC600w MkII L2 at USD$92.48

Cheapest would be a free Solarforce L2T complete with head, tail and pocket clip (no P60) that accidentally got bundled in my second SFFS order. They let me keep it once they found out how much shipping back to them cost.

SK68 $2.50 and a SP03 with modding parts I’m into it for about $90.

Most expensive light I have bought was a Shocker in fact I had two of them but I sold them both. I have about 50 lights or so in-between these two.

to me it is yes, i was able to easily raise the money to buy it at the time - i sold my firefoxes 3 for around 225, and 2 custom mags for another 200, and then tossed in 175 of my personal money - its definitely a unique torch and it will be come a piece of unobtanium soon as saab has announced he is discontinuing the deftx soon due to actually losing money on the project.

will i sell it? probably yes at some point in the future as throw technology continues to increase, but i do enjoy it very much now

Most expensive: Fenix TK75, Least expensive: Tank007 E09

Most expensive: PilotPTK triple emitter, Magicfire 3x18650 host (CNQ), bought from Nitro, with ChicagoX machined copper pill. Linky: just completed my first triple

Least expensive, but absolutely PRICELESS: OldLumens/MRsDNF built Mag that I won in a recent holiday giveaway. One More for the Road? Holiday Giveaway from MRsDNF & O-L - We have a Winner!

Still can’t wipe the smile off my face when I use either of them.