Your most impressive thrower....

The TrustFire T70. Similar to AT Barracuda, but with additional sideswitch and (imo!) better energy management.

My Eagle Eye X7. It is astonishingly small regarding it’s 26650 cell and it throws awesome for it’s size.
Also my XinTD X3 and SC82 V4, both throw very well. The SC82 is the modded version from Mountain Electronics. :+1:

Awesome beam shot!! Thats gudntite

No top-class throwers here, but my Emisar D1S throws a nice beam, it’s a very compact (for the large reflector).

BLF GT (original!) is rather good fun too. For me, until the “super LEDs” come in 4000k, I’m not interested the current offerings.

My best thrower is a Noctigon K1.
The best retriever is a K9. :wink:

I’m impressed with my Unique Fire 1504 with NM1. S2 with NM1 comes second for something pocket-able.

Neener-neener-neener.

2C Maglight. :innocent:

…after I touched it up a bit.

Hey, laugh at the old guy all you want, that’s what opened the door that led me here. :smiley:

My Convoy L2 with an SFT40. The white fences are at 300’, 600’ and 1,000’.

I was comparing my Cometa 2016 with an SFT40 and the L2 at 1,000’. They’re both competitive.

Now my most impressive thrower (that isn’t a zoomie) is the Convoy M21A with SFT40, and it fits in my pocket with ease.
I know that there are plenty of flashlights that throw further, but either I don’t own them or they’re a zoomie.
I probably own a zoomie that throws further, but I don’t like zoomies. :grin:

1 Thank

After the last beamshots of the L2, I was gonna add that I haven’t played with my old L2s in, like, forever.

I remember it was hella impressive at the time, and with 2 cells gave some hella good runtime.

Big donks, though.

I put a Mtn Electronics FET+1 Crescendo driver in the L2 so only 1 battery now and a 21700 fits along with the 26ers and 18s.

Ha, I don’t have many throwers. I like some powerful thrower but I don’t have many places to use them. Currently my end game is the Acebeam L19.2 I recently acquired. I don’t think I need any more throwers after this. I just love the UI, the ergonomics in hand, the beam profile of the big TIR, almost everything about it. I might swap the emitter to a 5000K SFT40 if I can get one in the future. It’s a b*tch to center the emitter though. If you move it even 0.1mm off to one side on the MCPCB pad, it will result in a lopsided hotspot. Mine came from factory a bit off center and I reflowed the emitter at least 20 times to make it perfect. OCD is hard.

Might be misremembering, but didn’t the L2 have a buck/boost driver out of the box that could use either 1 or 2 cells, and came with a shorty tube?

Yes. IIRC, the original driver’s max current is a little over 3 amps.

Acebeam K75. No mods needed.
Also very impressive - Acebeam T28, for a 1 x 21700 light.

Modded Convoy 3x21D with an Anduril conversion, over 1Mcd and probably over 5500lm, while being smaller and lighter than a WT90.

It gets hot real fast though, as fast as an SFT40 D4Sv2.

I also have a Thor 3 LEP but the sheer power of the 3x21D has much more wow factor.

LED: Astrolux MF05vn. Over 3 million candela from an LED thrower.

LEP: Weltool W4 Pro Tac.

Amutorch DM90 is probably my best yet! 5500 lumens, 125mm head with huge smo reflector, 1.8 million candela with 2.5km of throw. It is currently my main light for spotlighting (also called lamping). This thing is so big and heavy that I added a shoulder sling designed for weed strimmers and it does the job!