Your views on the Ultrafire T80?

Hi, What are your views on the Ultrafire T80, was actually thinking of getting it…

Heres a review from Sirius9

Thanks. I have read that review but would like what other people think about the light.

Hi Prodfk, welcome to BLF! I don’t own the light but was also considering this clone of the Crelant V6CS, so here’s some of my thoughts about it.

In this case the real one may actually costs less. Maybe you can find a local source for the Crelant instead? For you the Crelant coming directly from China may also be the same or less cost than the Ultrafire?

On the Crelant website it shows the light with XM-L U2 LED as being “Neutral White” Not sure if that’s correct, but it states that in red lettering about halfway down the description. I don’t believe the description of the Ultrafire version states that anywhere. Also in the review by Sirius9 he says the lens is not actually AR coated, I wonder if you get an AR coated lens on the Crelant? Here’s what their website shows:“Toughened ultra-clear coated and anti-abrasion glass”

After some consideration I’ve decided that I would just go with the Crelant instead on this. For me there just isn’t enough cost benefit to go Ultrafire on this one. I know it may be exactly the same light but since I can get it right here in the USA for the same cost (or less) I’d rather get it sooner and have piece of mind of faster service if needed for any defects/returns. For you Prodfk it probably doesn’t matter, whichever one you can get the cheapest/fastest. And the Ultrafire comes with a really cool hardcase!

I do have the Ultrafire C20 (clone of Crelant 7G3CS) I got it on sale and it cost much less than the actual Crelant was at the time. I believe the UI is nearly the same as the T80 and I’m quite satisfied with it. (although I believe the T80/V6CS doesn’t have a mode memory like the C20/7G3CS does) The build quality is superb for a budget priced Ultrafire light.

I really like side switches and on these lights its a plus to have the dual switches (side and tail) With the tail switch for Lockout and for “Tactical” use (easy to find and activate high mode instantly for urgent situations) as opposed to fumbling to orientate/locate a side-only switch light that usually doesn’t go right to high on the first click anyway. Note: On this light once the tail switch has been activated the side switch will go into high mode on first click, (if last use wasn’t ramped down - memory) but you still would have to orientate it.

My C20 has decent output for it’s size so I assume this T80 would output much more light being driven a little harder and with it’s nearly twice larger reflector. As a side note on the 7G3CS, it’s now a lot less (on sale) here in the USA also at MD-Lightsource, plus it also has available the option of a NW version.

Another great feature on all of these lights is the option to run them on 2*CR123A primaries in a pinch, keep a pair in the glove box and/or your gearpack.

I may also consider this one instead, Crelant 7G6Cs A little more money its just slightly longer with a slightly larger head, plus stainless bling.

Hopefully someone who owns one of these (T80 or V6CS) will throw in their 2 cents here. :slight_smile:

Thank you for the generous welcome! I have ordered the T80 and it would be my second side-switch light after the SRK.

Thanks for your advice! :smiley: