Zebra Light S6330 has landed!

That thing is lovely. I really like the look, to the point I need to find reasons not to! I know it’s ZL and the build will be solid and the design touches numerous, if I could afford it I’d be tempted.

I’m trying to rationalise my way out of lust for ZL. Best I can come up with is that I can have a FF Knight, Rook, Raging and some cells, or this. That’s a lot of toys vs. one hell of a toy. One day I’ll treat myself, for now I’ll just aspire to the more budget offerings :slight_smile:

With the Sky Ray Kings going for about $40 now, I just dont know what purpose this light has. Can it do anything the SRK can’t do? At the price of FIVE SRKs this looks like a CPF type of boondoggle.

I’m not into throwing my money away. Also with the sketchy QC of ZL, I just don’t feel comfortable spending real money on them. If you have a problem, you still have to send it to China.

I don’t think SRK is the one to compare to S6330. They are totally different grade in material, UI, design. Maybe can compare S6330 with TK75, TN30, M170, TM15, Terminator, EYE30, etc.

Feels like you are comparing Toyota Camry to a BMW or Mercedes.

more like neon to integra

The SRK is a nice light for the money. The reason I never purchased one is the positive contact is very thin and will eventually wear through due to friction between the battery positive contact while screwing the head on and off.

The Zebralight is in a completely different league. It's a work of art. Beautifully designed with high quality components. You get what you pay for..

Ya, exactly my complaint about SRK. Can’t SR put a brass plate on it? How much it cost?

Can you please just let those of us that can’t afford these things delude ourselves a little longer, at least until the beam shots are in, OK? :wink:

… The S6330 is more similar to a TK75 than it is to a Skyray King?

Going along with the car metaphor, that strikes me as being like saying a high-end Vespa scooter is comparable to an average car, because they cost about the same and use the same type of fuel. But the car doesn’t fit in the bike lane and the scooter won’t move boxes or keep me warm in the winter.

I’m trying to compare a budget scooter to a high-end scooter.

There really isn’t anything quite like the S6330 though… it’s like a semi-directional handheld dimmable 150W incandescent bulb. Not much similarity to a large and precisely-focused thrower, even if they are both made by premium brands.

To me, S6330 is more similar to TK75 in terms of branded quality, material and UI. Just that different brand have different design and emphasis. In fact, TK75 or other branded flashlights those I have mentioned have more similarities. You can’t compare just the dimension, else you can also compare EA4 to S6330 since their dimension is more similar. Dimension wise SRK is 3cm longer than S6330, so not really anyway close to S6330. Maybe someone do compare this way conveniently, should I buy EA4 or S6330?

Funnily I find that EA4 is more similar to S6330 now. Dimension, quality brand, UI, material, only big difference is lumens. Throw might be almost same.

I'd gladly buy one if it was designed that way. If you add thickness with the current design, I wonder if longer protected cells would fit too tight???

I was thinking to get brass plate and solder myself, don’t think 1mm will cause problem on batteries. I would have buy two since they have U2 version now. SR seems to be lacking of channel for feedback? SRK will sell much more with just a brass plate installed. Of course, maybe SR is already happy with current sale number. May be it is strategy for SRK to stay this way so that it is sold within lower price range.

Sketchy quality control. You’re funny. I like you.

I have 3 Zebralight's (SC52, H600F, and an H501) with no quality issues at all. Maybe I'm lucky

The ZL and SRK are about the same size and do about the same thing. Both are flooders. Both have 3 LEDs in a short fat body. In all reality, the ZL won’t do a thing the SRK won’t do.

This is a budget forum and we look for the best bang for the buck. If someone was looking for a multiple 18650 triple emitter in a soda can size, the SRK makes a great budget alternative to spending $200 on basically the same thing.

For $200 you can get 5 SRKs and lash them together. There is no light in the world that would beat it for that price.

As for ZL quality control, it is well known that several models had high failure rates. There was a thread over on CPF where the problems were running about 30% on certain models.

Not here to bash ZL even though in my experience they can have an above acceptable problem rate. And no, you don’t get what you pay for. Sometimes you pay extra for a name and not performance. See Surefire to see my point.

I can only agree with your opinion about Surefire. Many thing S6330 can do but not SRK for example batteries independent arrangement, really portable shorter than EA4(SRK is not portable to me). S6330 main break through is her size. If Surefire manage to design this small, it will be selling 500 dollars, just look at what Surefire charge for their flashlights.

Hey Speed, you do have a point. The SRK is a great light for the money, and it does fit into the BLF theme perfectly fine. I get it.

In short, S6330 is budget light that is high price with high value and breakthrough design.
I definitely don’t want budget light to be boringly designed, just because some of us not willing to pay for good design.

Yeah, if it were over 3k lumens OTF I might consider 200.00 a fair price, but certainly not a bargain. As it is, I wouldn’t pay more than 150.00 for it - if that. And that’s only because of the form factor.

I was being facetious. I love Zebralight products and know they’re worth the extra cost.

It’s the size/efficiency/UI combination that makes zebralight worth more than most.

They have had ‘sketchy’ QC on some models in the past but seem to have improved in the last year or so.