Zebra or Armytek? Confused about choosing headlight.

No, I bought the last two remaining sorry :sunglasses:

Great, many thanks for these precious hints. I like the way this thread is evolving :sunglasses:

Tiara extension tube? I’ve tought about that didn’t know they existed. That would make my tiara the most versatile light in my collection. Where did you get the extension tube?

Clemence had a supply of Wizard 18650 tubes at one point, but I’m not sure if he has any left. The Tiara and Wizard battery tubes are held on by red Loctite so it’s not very easy to remove the original one yourself. Armytek will not sell you headlamp battery tubes unless you’re a dealer.

Thanks for recommending Clemence, we exchange some emails currently. Much depends on subjected extension, but it looks bright…

the tiara will not be bright enough for cycling, you should go with a Wizard Pro warm

I’ll check with clemence and if that doesn’t turn out I’ll try a reseller. Thanks, this is going to rock.

If you have access to a 3d printer here’s the headband mount I printed and use for PL47.
sketchfab
google drive

It works really well as is but if I had to print again I would increase the size of the mount a little bit and
increase the width of the hole where top strap passes through.

I edited dimensions of a model from thingiverse.

Just wrap some electrical, duct or hockey tape around the holders on the headband. Those couple millimeters of extra material hold the light perfectly steady.

I have a few headbands on the way, hope some will fit.
Don’t feel like wrapping things in tape to make them working.

:slight_smile: