Zooming Model List (2018 Updated) Tell us about your newest zoomie!

Oops forgot the decimal point, (fixed) good catch, thanks!

Warsun X65

In addition to the Warsun X50 that’s on my list, there’s the Warsun X65 of the same style, that’s been around a few years, apparently even before I created the thread (I didn’t realize until now). Apparently some of these X65 have (or had) a threaded tripod mount. The Warsun X50 on my list and the others I linked above are not showing a mount. It’s not really clear to me the difference between them, or which came first, X50 or X65.

EDIT: In the thread I linked below, post #110 shows an X50/X65 comparison: Warsun Zoomie X65. Bro of UF1405? - #110 by Lopan
Although I believe the X65 now comes with XM-L2

Gearbest lists the X65 (“Arrival Notice” Dispatch: Mar 5 - Mar 9): https://www.gearbest.com/led-flashlights/pp_189805.html?wid=21

Banggood also lists the X65 (“under restocking” Expected on March 23, 2018): Warsun-X65-XM-L-T6-3Modes-1200LM-Zoomable-Flashlight-

The X50 I linked in the list is currently available at Banggood.
None of the stock photos in the gearbest or banggood listings show a threaded mount.

There’s a review from Dec. 2017 in Bangood that says the lens is plastic, and the photos posted in that review clearly show no tripod mount. However an earlier video review on Banggood (from 2016) does show a light with the clip and mount.

Here’s an old thread on it from a few years back: Warsun Zoomie X65. Bro of UF1405?

The X65 is currently available on Aliexpress and ebay. On ebay there is also a clone (COMUNITE S31)
All of those listings show the tripod mount w/clip (ebay links below the photos)

According to photos in an Aliexpress listing, these have a zoom travel length of 25mm or 2.5cm (I converted from inches)
The ebay listings for X65 and the clone all show 30mm (3cm) travel.

(Photos linked to the aliexpress listing)

Warsun X65 (GS series) listed on ebay shows 30mm / 3cm travel.
The COMUNITE S31 (clone on ebay) also shows 30mm / 3cm travel.

• Both show tripod mount / clip.
  • Both show US stock.

Warsun-X65-5000LM-CREE-XM-L-T6-LED-Zoomable-Tactical-26650

I found 3 listings on ebay for the COMUNITE S31, they appear to be the same seller with different names, and also the same seller of the Warsun X65 linked above (all 4 show item location: Chattanooga, Tennessee, 37416, United States)

COMUNITE-S31-3000LM-CREE-XM-L-U2-LED-Zoomable-Tactical-26650-1

COMUNITE-3000LM-CREE-XM-L2-U2-LED-Zoomable-Tactical-26650-2

COMUNITE-3000LM-CREE-XM-L2-U2-LED-Zoomable-Tactical-26650-3

Note:

• The Warsun-X65 lists an XM-L T6
  • COMUNITE S31 lists an XM-L2 U2
  • On Gearbest in the Q/A section of the X65 listing, Gearbest replied it is the XM-L2 version.
  • The X50 I linked in the currently available at Banggood is showing XM-L2 .

I do like these tripod mount version with clip, but I guess it’s questionable if it actually has it.

Is there a consensus on a good light that can be easily modded to become a very good zoomie? Too many options in this post!

I think the answer to that depends on a few things:

• Your budget
  • If you’re use leans more towards flood or more towards throw (I’m beginning to find out they’re may not be a “one trick pony”)
  • Physical size of the light
  • Need for 26650 cells for higher capacity
  • Need for special features such as: Side switch, gun mountable, USB charging, Biscotti firmware, etc.

The list wasn’t intended to narrow down in making the decision for the specific needs of one user, but only to show what’s currently available. It is extensive because there is a broad range of available sizes, prices, features etc. Discussion here hopefully is what will help to make that decision, so you’re on the right track by asking.

In my research on BLF so far there is one that does stand out, the Jaxman Z1, I’m pretty sure (not 100%) it is the highest quality zoomie of it’s size on the list. Modding may not even be necessary. If it meets your budget and size requirements it certainly is worth looking into. What I’ve learned from reading posts here on the Z1 is the quality of the optics and zooming threads are unmatched in most other zooming lights.

There may be others that can be modded to perform better in either throw or flood. Some use the aspherics lens of the zoomie to make a super thrower, using XRE/XPE or other emitters, but then output and flood will suffer compared to using XML/XPL/XHP emitters, which may not have as much throw. So it depends what you’re after.

For myself I’m trying to find a model that will perform well in both flood and throw with an emphasis on flood. I think the Jaxman is a good place to start, so far a Z1 with XHP50 is at the top of my list. For a smaller less expensive model I’m looking at the Wowtac A3S.

Modding budget models and others for me will be just for fun and experimentation.

I will order my jaxman z1 xhp50 after chinese new year which is feb 25. They should have more stock by them…

Have you guy check out a wowtac a3?? Look like this light is easy to mod, swapping a new led and new driver…

Yes as I just said at the end of my post above I’m looking at getting the newer upgraded version (A3S) It already has XPL-HI emitter. Also reported to have better zooming slider.

Only we have yet to learn why the A3S is no longer listed for sale currently. I sent inquiry to wowtac but haven’t heard back yet, but as you said the Chinese holiday has started so it may be a while before we find out.

Check this thread: Wowtac A3S - Anyone see it yet?

XHP50 zooming light with 3.0cm travel

53mm head / 5000-5900K / 2-mode low-High

Low price - currently $23.88 w/shipping

(click on photo for link - Aliexpress)

(added)

I like the XHP50 in MTN-1504 and the Jaxman Z1. Does anyone have experience with either of these two?
I have a couple of T6 $7.00 Amazon zoomers and for what they are they are neat and useable at short distances. The kids love them.
Also are there any XHP70 zoomies?

The monster flood with these lights is the most appealing part.

How about this one guys? I picked up a pair. The only reason is there was coupon making $10 each.

https://www.harborfreight.com/588-lumen-tactical-flashlight-63934.html!

I love HFT!

…At least you didn’t pay more than $10 :
https://www.gearbest.com/led-flashlights/pp_956144.html

https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10038821/8426800-1-led-5-mode-1000lm-led-flashlight-w-focus-zoom

And here: Only $3.90 shipped!

I guess you have to watch the video :stuck_out_tongue: >>> LumiTact G700 "TOUGHEST FLASHLIGHT ON THE MARKET"

I forgot all about this, sorry. I’ll check tonight when I get home.

I have the one I linked, the brown one, the UlfraFire, one I bought from Banggood and another from AliExpress. They all have small differences, and I don’t remember exactly which models have what features. The one thing that is consistent is beam width, which is most important to me.

The FastTech one I linked to has a solid pill, I think the brown one is identical to it, not sure so I’ll have to check tonight. The Banggood one has a hollow pill. Pill sizes are a little different, and tailcap assembly is different. At least one model was a pain to disassemble the tailcap with jammed in plastic, on at least one it was fine with metal retaining ring easily unscrewing. See post #43 in my MT-G2 mod thread below for some differences on tailcaps.

20mm driver is correct, but if I remember correctly it’s a 20mm LED MCPCB too, or it’s different on different models. I’ll check tonight. I replace driver, LED, switch and also fill up some space in the large pills. I used to use washers and JB-Weld but now I have excellent high quality custom copper spacers that kiriba-ru made for me.

I built one with an MT-G2 for a friend but didn’t use a boost driver. I went with two 18350 cells instead: Mod: Zoomie with MT-G2

I think you got it with that one you found, but as there are differences with these hosts I’ll measure it tonight.

You got it right with that Supfire F11-T. That one and the Warsun look like they are worth ordering for evaluation.

I use these zoomies for underground photgraphy and sometimes as focused floodlights when climbing outside during the dark winter evenings after work. Someone pointed out that the beam is ringy on the edges of the zoomies I use. That maybe so on a white wall but I couldn’t care less as it makes no difference for my usage. Do you see any rings in these photos? :slight_smile:

Mike C great pics. Are your pics for work or hobby?
They look cool, stay safe.

Thanks. It’s all hobby… and eventually what brought me to BLF because I couldn’t find lights that were how I wanted them. I’ve posted some more photos in another thread: Exploration photos with my flashlights

“Someone pointed out that the beam is ringy on the edges of the zoomies I use. That maybe so on a white wall but I couldn’t care less as it makes no difference for my usage. Do you see any rings in these photos?”

You are absolutely right… I guess there are lot of people that like to use flashlight indoors(white wall hunters).

When I joined here several years ago I opened a thread where I predicted that one day future flashlight will be based on zooming action and it will be very powerful in throw and flood mode. That future already came here: Acebeam W10 1000m throw EDC???

No matter how I try I can’t find usefulness of spill coming from reflector light and yet everyone is talking about useful spill here :slight_smile:

When we turn on reflector LED light, our night vision is killed by spill light that is reflecting from nearby objects & environment. Pupil of the eye narrows and we see less. The brighter the environment is, the narrower is the pupil of the eye, so there’s a reduction in light that hits the fundus.

Aspherical type of beam has sharp borders, so there is better contrast between illuminated area and dark area. The enhanced contrast lets us to perceive objects/persons/things better. We see further in the night.

Thanks for the reply and info! Wow, nice photos!

Sounds like the Ultrafire version has a hollow pill, in that case I’ll get the one you linked from FT and hope for a solid pill.

FastTech black, FastTech brown and Banggood “Elfeland ”have disco modes strobe and SOS.

Both FastTech have sliding distance of 2.2cm. Elfeland has 2cm.

Well, I can give insight on this light. I ended buying 2 of these. Thank goodness I opened one up to check it out. The light is ” POORLY ” built with BIG problems. Right out of package defective. The ” O ” ring split in half once zoom pull feature used for very first time. Extremely difficult to use zoom feature. Had difficult time pulling zoom head period. Also, NOWHERE NEAR 1600 lumen output as posted. My Harbor Freight Zoomie blows this one away and it is only 588 lumens. The light beam is EVEN WORSE. The hot spot is squarish with double black shadow rings. The light beam could not be focused well at all. The throw is also fabricated. No way it reached 450 Meters.

All the claims on this light are very deceptive. None of statements hold true at all. I ended returning BOTH of the ones I bought.

I highly recommend NOT BUYING this light.

:person_facepalming:

Thanks for the warning, well at least you got it from amazon, E-Z Returns!!

Also an advantage for the Harbor Freight one as well, sure you could have got one a few bucks cheaper shipped from China (in about 4-8 weeks), but then if it didn’t work …. well …

“Since we couldn’t help you to figure it out via your description, could you please make a video showing the problem?” :rage:

Thanks, I found one for $3.69 on ebay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ultrafire-CREE-XM-L-T6-Tactical-Zoomable-5000Lumen-LED-Flashlight-Torch-Lamp-NEW/132256179295?hash=item1ecb15245f:g:YogAAOSwxKtYBc6Y

But it shows “UltraFire” so probably a hollow pill, sounds like the clone from Fastech is still the best bet to get a solid pill.

Ebay:

” 27,157 results for zoomable flashlight ” :smiley: