Zooming Model List (2018 Updated) Tell us about your newest zoomie!

Well I just bought 3 of them Photon’s. IDK I guess the form factor got me. :laughing:

Ahah, at least from nottawhackjob reaction, it is :smiley: :money_mouth_face:

Yup, the form factor is quite nice, resembles the Led Lenser flashlights :wink: Let us know how you like them when you het them :wink:

“Yup, the form factor is quite nice, resembles the Led Lenser flashlights Wink Let us know how you like them when you het them. :wink:

Will doo. :+1: :beer:

Btw, does it happen to have a forward clicky/momentary switch?

Reverse here.

Thanks. This switch type begs to be a momentary. I will be changing it to that toot sweet. :smiling_imp:

Has anyone had any experience with either of these….

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Ultra-Bright-T6-L2-LED-Flashlight-5-Modes-8000Lumens-thick-lenses-Zoomable-LED-Torch-26650-Battery/32840054908.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.200b4c4dViJu7R

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Skywolfeye-2017-CREE-10000LM-T6-5Modes-18650-26650-LED-Flashlight-Zoomable-Military-Lighting-Torch-Dropshipping-911/32829841955.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.200b4c4dn7Hu0g

I know they both look the same. One is on pre sale.

I ordered a couple of each. I have plans for a 26650 Xhp35, Xhp50, triple L2 and triple hi, all for great flood lighting around the house, downed trees, hunting, and emergencies.

Thoughts?

This image is of concern:

It looks like a floating pill that can't transfer heat as needed to body. I definitely wouldn't use it with the LEDs mentioned. Maybe ok for the stock LED.

That’s ok for me. I will make it solid copper washers from the led down just short of the driver with solder flowed down the sides to fill the air space.

Thanks for the pic.

I like the style of those lights, looks kind of like the F13 but will have great flood.

That's the spirit! I like the look of those lights too. I'd certainly look into a glass lens if it comes with plastic.

I just bought a bunch of stuff from harbor freight for modding.

Show us how it turns out!

Good point on the lens. I just looked at the description on one and it is glass.

Now the waiting time for the snail mail.

I was thinking of picking up THIS host from Mountain and using a A6 driver and XPL-Hi in it. Any thoughts?

It looks like a good host. Ask Hondarider about his. See if the LED he put in it held up.

This is an interesting thread. I find it lacking a lot of useful information, namely for modders. The more information the better. Here's a list of features to start with:

Notes for the above image borrowed from Ross Optical: I'll call DIA1 Overall Diameter (OD) and DIA2 Effective Diameter (ED). For the remaining parameters my guess is CT center thickness, ET edge thickness, EFL effective focal lenght and BFL back focal lenght. Of course the last two parameters may be a secondary concern here.

• Lens information: total diameter, effective diameter, center thickness and edge thickness. Together with lens material this is paramount information to get a lens replacement.
  • Pill information where applicable.
  • Emitter board size, including thickness if not 1.6mm standard and centering ring details.
  • Driver bay size and total depth.
  • Battery tube and configuration details.
  • Switch information.

I like regulated drivers a lot, albeit it seems most of the good and easy to access worldwide offerings are bigger than ∅17mm, which sucks yet not as much as lots of flashlights designs with plenty of available space being limited to ∅17mm driver bays. Like various UniqueFire series models, doesn't it?

Remember it is easy to install a smaller engine inside a big bay but not the other way around.

Question for readers: What big headed UniqueFire type torches feature ∅20+mm driver bay? Please include bay depth.

Torch data.

UltraFire SK98.-

Lens: OD 26mm, ED 20.5mm, CT 8.1mm, ET 1.8mm. Lens material: plastic. Held with rubber grommet, maybe glued in some rare cases. Sourced with cheap Aneng digital caliper.

Emitter board ∅20mm, using expendable ∅9mm centering ring below aluminium retaining screw in disc with cheap anodization. To ensure short circuit chance prevention I usually fine grit polish the bottom surface of the emitter board screw in retaining disc, and isolate the board's wire solderings with bits of glue under dabs of electrical tape.

Pill: aluminium, semi :facepalm: hollow, ∅≈11.1mm gap, 2mm shelf thickness.

Driver bay: ∅20mm, total depth 8mm (to be confirmed). No driver retaining ring nor place for it, driver is pressed into the hole.

Battery tube: for industry standard 18650s. Very little lenght to expend in tighter springs or longer than flat top cells.

Switch information: ∅17mm pogo stick assembly using stock turd quality switch. These sort of switches at KD are proper replacements, ordered them and received Yongt branded units. My measurements of 'em are a tiny bit smaller.

Some other zoomies' information coming later.

Cheers ^:)

Mon, 10/29/2018 - 02:26

Ooh, first AAA zoomie I recall seeing:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Portable-Mini-Penlight-CREE-Q5-2000LM-LED-Flashlight-Torch-Pocket-Light-Waterproof-Lantern-AAA-Battery-Powerful/32792158827.html/

Fixed that link, Hank: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Portable-Mini-Penlight-CREE-Q5-2000LM-LED-Flashlight-Torch-Pocket-Light-Waterproof-Lantern-AAA-Battery-Powerful/32792158827.html

Only AAA battery support listed. Chinese knock-off angry blue emitter. To be run with Ni-MHs or ruinalkaleaks.

Handful of user pictures:

♬♩ ¡Riiiings! ♪♫

Cheers ^:)

Simple answer: “None”. They are all made for 17mm driver and 16mm mcpcb.
But you are not getting anything with 20mm driver and larger mcpcb imho so why bother?

Banggood have just refunded me for my order of 10 Cometas (that were in stock when I ordered them), they have sent me $117 instead of £117 so I’m pretty upset.

One of my Z1 mods Mtn MAX 4S 3amp buck driver 4x26500 XHP-35HI it was one of my favorites…for a Zoomie…

I just ordered 6 different zoomies. 3 18650 lights and 3 26650 lights. Also ordered led’s and drivers for most of them and led’s and drivers for 4 of my other lights. I plan to swap the led and driver in all of them.

It’s like I caught the flashlight bug all over again. The Zoomie bug at that, Zoomie light is just so even and clean.

The flood in my KF8 is the only normal light that gets close to the nice Zoomie light.

I just picked up I Zoom Farpoint 350 zoomie with COB. The exact same as revised version of Tactight. For $8.50 and last one I took chance. We will see how it works ot.