Zuessray posts please go to link: http://budgetlightforum.com/node/34292

lj - I'm totally clueless here...

This light is a zoomie - if someone wants something else, then it's a different light - period. If he's taking request for other lights, then that should be on the list.

For my suggestions (for now):

• a better Omten branded switch would be desirable
  • rock solid tail stander
  • reduce the thickness of the pill top by about 2 mm. Would be nice to have room in the pill for piggyback'd 7135's (more space for a higher driver)
  • I'd like to see a brass driver retaining ring that is thin enough to not interfere with the chips on the spring side of the Nanjg driver - just like the new Convoy M2 and Convoy C8, 2014 models
  • would be nice to have a true SS bezel, not aluminum
  • I'd like to see improvements on the threads - square threads, more quality feel, should not be grinding the threads away with use
  • maybe a copper MCPCB

I would not want the cost to skyrocket on these though, so that has to be considered. I'd need more time to review and think about this more, but even what I suggest above would probably price it out of range, so, I really don't know....

Things to keep as-is:

• easy zoom slide
  • nice wide flood zone
  • nice XM-L2
  • nice direct drive power - not sure about any amp limiting, but if so, make it at least 3.5A, maybe 4 to 4.5A
  • nice compact size as it is
  • the polished aluminum is pretty nice actually - better than the Sipik branded SK73

Wish list:

• higher performing aspheric - maybe glass with an AR treatment?
  • SS tail cap with improved smooth holes to allow thicker lanyard material and not cut it with sharp edges (ala Convoy M2 2014)
  • real HA III grade anodizing
  • add more mass/thickness for heat sinking
  • option or change to an XP-G2 S2, neutral tint
  • definite copper DTP MCPCB
  • current regulating driver (no PWM's), like led4power's LD-1 with nice modes (no flashies)

Still editing this...

Good Day fireblade893,

Thank You Very Much for the info....

Best Regards,

George

Noctigon copper base, which its good is copper and also DTP (Direct Thermal Path) which you need to search online to understand more. (or lengthy explanation) Sinkpad also produce DTP board, also maxtorch (not so sure about quality)

These or either can be Aluminium or copper, DTP which LED’s heat pad (center piece between 2 pad of different polarity[+] [-]) These greatly assist the heat transfer.

I have sent Vince some links for the Noctigon pads and some requests for new style lights

hm… just got my 2nd unit after sometimes ‘pre-order’ but this time my unit comes with imperfections (physically).

The package coming together is unharm, so I can only assume this is the condition of my unit even before despatch.

The chip off (or serious abrasion)on the bezel is quite turndown for me. The happy&exciting emotion of mine receiving a new unit is immediately devastated :_(
There is also sign of poor anodization on some places, but still acceptable.

This time it seems quite some lubricant in sliding mechanism of my unit, not sure will it assist in heat transfer, but definitely smoother sliding compare to my first unit.
and if you take notice at the cooling fins, there are white dot line at groove corner, which also a sign of poor anodization. (row 3 & 5)

And at the tailcap, there is stain there. (I have no idea what is it) cannot be clean easily.

Electrical/performance wise, it seems still quite normal. Haven’t do measurements so I have no idea. :~

I thought going to give to my friend, but with this outlook, its a disgrace :expressionless: as a gift. (looks like used item) I’m looking forward to have better quality in future

Oh boy... I'd grind down the attack bezel and that would remove that bad nick - wow, that thing looks like it was dropped on cement, or thrown down.

I'd pm the dealmetic guy, and/or try their support. I believe he had his own sale thread on this light.

.contacted me and mentioned your issue let’s see how he responds.

hm, looks like it was put together with stuff from the trash bin, rather than a new round of production, or from some cheaper source.
Did you get a solid pill? Do the emitter and driver look as good as the earlier one?

Still haven’t thoroughly look through… too tired from work, slept more than 15 hours straight away. just woke up, haha. will check it later after my breakfast.

hank…… its another ‘solid’ pill that refuse to come out gave alot of “scar” in the process of taking out, but no luck. Electrical parameter (aka. performance) still the same, 3.2A, 1.6A, 0.8A.

Most probably my unit’s bezel drop somewhere , and they either ignore it, or didn’t check it.

[quo te= guit good ar89]hank…… its another ‘solid’ pill that refuse to come out gave alot of “scar” in the process of taking out, but no luck. Electrical parameter (aka. performance) still the same, 3.2A, 1.6A, 0.8A.

Most probably my unit’s bezel drop somewhere , and they either ignore it, or didn’t check it.
[/quote]

Has Vince from Dealmetic not contacted you? I passed on your pm directly to him and explained the importance of good customer support on this forum THIS is not good

Hm…. no one from dealmetic contacted me so far, have they responded to you ?

email’s not 100 percent, so I could have missed something.
No big deal, of the 2 I got, I left the stuck-pill one stock; swapped an amber PC Rebel into the other (and will replace driver and switch soon, since it’s definitely too hot on high for that)
I’ve got a third one on order or backorder, whichever it is, and I did email them again asking about buying either solid pills separately, or buying the hollow-pill version plus a replacement pill. No answer, but not surprised.

I’m figuring they pleased way too many strange people with this light, and they’re working hard to at returning to middle/mediocre business where they don’t have to have personal relationships with their customers.

Wish we could find the person who made the good solid pill, and buy some more of them direct …. I’m dreaming.

But ya know it’s the opposite of the famous XKCD cartoon:
Somewhere in China, there’s one person who did this REALLY VERY RIGHT.
If only we could get in touch.

I'll take credit for it ..Seems like when I said it about 4 years ago people saw it as a great revelation .I just thought it was most obvious way to withdraw the clicky to get a light to tailstand ...My first mini -mod :P

[ and q guitar89 uote=guita if you have any more. Ommr89]

Hm…. no one from dealmetic contacted me so far, have they responded to you ?[/quote
Last night and asked me if you emailed Dealmetic directly, I DID TELL HIM , if he were to contact you directly it would do much in building trust and great customer service service and his answer was he passed the information to his supervisor and he didn’t understand what a xml2 emitter was on a noctigon pad , driver or any technological terms this is his first job :quest: in this are (lights) and passed all the information on to the tech. Department? ???
Crap !!! The first big hurdle is the language, his Chingrush, is not good and my enganesse, is even worse and secondly we have a company rep trying to sell us his products line who doesn’t o own anything about torches Please guitar 89iif you have any more comments please put it on the DEALMETICic consolidation post.

Well… I’m good enough on both chinese and english, makes it be chingrush or enganesse, no problem. However, who should I contact ? (email or pm ?)

By the way, which consolidation post you meant ?

consolidate all ZeusRay posts

CLICK HERE FIRST: https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/29006

Hank

From Vince at Dealmetic. He told me they are working on a non - zoomie fixed lens light that is water resistant, yes I know It’s a very vague description and also no comments on the quality issue of recent batch of Zuessray ’s .I wish I had more news but this is all I have heard and as promised I am trying to keep communications between fellow BLFERS and the vendor.