Zuessray posts please go to link: http://budgetlightforum.com/node/34292

Hank…unless I have misunderstood, light junkie doesn’t work at Dealmetic. He’s just a member like us and was the one who suggested Dealmetic make the upgrades.

Perhaps you should talk to the Dealmetic guy directly. Perhaps he can give you a discount on shipping the other zoomie you are interested in.

I think he’s reading this. If not, no worries; I’m not looking to cut a personal deal.
Just hoping someone at DealMetic follows comments here.

(it’s a little crazy, there are four or five threads about this light now, unfortunately)

HI Hank I have been pm ’ ing Vince from Dealmetic since last week and he hasn’t responded to any PMs I hope he is still with Dealmetic and just so you know the first thing I ever brut to his attention was the tail switch as one of my three Zuessray ’ tail switch melted after braiding the spring so I have brought to his attention.

Why didn’t they call it Zombieray? I was looking forward to the new improved zombie they talked about in the original post :smiley:

Good catch Hank, it’s too bad they didn’t mount a xml2 and as far as a driver and pill design 9 who knows what it has under the hood and if the two 18650s/26 501 are running parellel or series, I wish Vince would get back to me I have mentioned tail switch and the possibility of members wanting a small pocket rocket throwing fixed lens alas he has not responded.

Good Day,

Could someone Please tell me what is the inner diameter of the "battery tube" for the Dealmetic Zeusray flashlight?

I am wondering if a 3xAAA Battery holder will fit (I doubt it).

Thank You Very Much,

George

The measurements are roughly (with tape measure and eye) 66mm long inside(plus springs, mine takes Trustfire flame protected no problem) and 18mm wide a 3xAAA carrier will not fit

Go back to me after we gave him se suggestions here is a copy of his pm to Mr so again give whatever is a large consensus:: of BLF members : sorry for late reply, i was travel out.
got the advice.
will send to the tech for 4.5amps cap, but what is copper noctigon pad is?
do you mean people want to have a non zoomie version, but wider angle and water resistant.
how big the light should be and how much price range including shipping that you feel is a good deal,
so i can share this to the develop tech.

thank you,

Vince

Of Dealmetic so he’s trying to work with we just need a general consensus and I believe the TailSwitch was one of the biggest any how here’s WHAT I got today; sorry for late reply, i was travell out.
got the advice.
will send to the tech for 4.5amps cap, but what is copper noctigon pad is?
do you mean people want to have a non zoomie version, but wider angle and water resistant.
how big the light should be and how much price range including shipping that you feel is a good deal,
so i can share this to the develop tech.

thank you,

Vince

Please, please, pass on to Vince, to pass on to the Develop Tech, to pass on to whoever makes decisions:

We would like to help you.
Please sell us some lights — without emitters, drivers, and tail switches. Just the hardware.
OR
Please sell us some solid pills along with the cheap $4 lights that are still available

AND
then we can try out various improvements.
We will all write about what we tried.
We will come up with things you can’t imagine.
And we will help you figure out if you can build them and make more money faster that way.

A couple dozen flashlight modifiers around the world will give you more than one development tech who’s never heard of Noctigon.

Please. Try this approach. I already have another $4 version of the light coming to me, and I’ve emailed the request to sell me some solid pills to swap into it to try various emitters and drivers.

A few of us would like to improve on these lights.
You already did the hardest part — the solid pill (“solid pillow hole”)

Even though you barely understood what was needed.
You did a BETTER soild pill than other flashlight makers.

You understand why? The solid pill is thick, heavy, draws heat away from the emitter, transfers it to the outside.

Now let us improve on that.
Start with the existing hardware including the solid pill.

Everything else — can be improved.
We can’t tell you exactly what to do.

Until we get some of the lights and solid pills.

lj - I'm totally clueless here...

This light is a zoomie - if someone wants something else, then it's a different light - period. If he's taking request for other lights, then that should be on the list.

For my suggestions (for now):

• a better Omten branded switch would be desirable
  • rock solid tail stander
  • reduce the thickness of the pill top by about 2 mm. Would be nice to have room in the pill for piggyback'd 7135's (more space for a higher driver)
  • I'd like to see a brass driver retaining ring that is thin enough to not interfere with the chips on the spring side of the Nanjg driver - just like the new Convoy M2 and Convoy C8, 2014 models
  • would be nice to have a true SS bezel, not aluminum
  • I'd like to see improvements on the threads - square threads, more quality feel, should not be grinding the threads away with use
  • maybe a copper MCPCB

I would not want the cost to skyrocket on these though, so that has to be considered. I'd need more time to review and think about this more, but even what I suggest above would probably price it out of range, so, I really don't know....

Things to keep as-is:

• easy zoom slide
  • nice wide flood zone
  • nice XM-L2
  • nice direct drive power - not sure about any amp limiting, but if so, make it at least 3.5A, maybe 4 to 4.5A
  • nice compact size as it is
  • the polished aluminum is pretty nice actually - better than the Sipik branded SK73

Wish list:

• higher performing aspheric - maybe glass with an AR treatment?
  • SS tail cap with improved smooth holes to allow thicker lanyard material and not cut it with sharp edges (ala Convoy M2 2014)
  • real HA III grade anodizing
  • add more mass/thickness for heat sinking
  • option or change to an XP-G2 S2, neutral tint
  • definite copper DTP MCPCB
  • current regulating driver (no PWM's), like led4power's LD-1 with nice modes (no flashies)

Still editing this...

Good Day fireblade893,

Thank You Very Much for the info....

Best Regards,

George

Noctigon copper base, which its good is copper and also DTP (Direct Thermal Path) which you need to search online to understand more. (or lengthy explanation) Sinkpad also produce DTP board, also maxtorch (not so sure about quality)

These or either can be Aluminium or copper, DTP which LED’s heat pad (center piece between 2 pad of different polarity[+] [-]) These greatly assist the heat transfer.

I have sent Vince some links for the Noctigon pads and some requests for new style lights

hm… just got my 2nd unit after sometimes ‘pre-order’ but this time my unit comes with imperfections (physically).

The package coming together is unharm, so I can only assume this is the condition of my unit even before despatch.

The chip off (or serious abrasion)on the bezel is quite turndown for me. The happy&exciting emotion of mine receiving a new unit is immediately devastated :_(
There is also sign of poor anodization on some places, but still acceptable.

This time it seems quite some lubricant in sliding mechanism of my unit, not sure will it assist in heat transfer, but definitely smoother sliding compare to my first unit.
and if you take notice at the cooling fins, there are white dot line at groove corner, which also a sign of poor anodization. (row 3 & 5)

And at the tailcap, there is stain there. (I have no idea what is it) cannot be clean easily.

Electrical/performance wise, it seems still quite normal. Haven’t do measurements so I have no idea. :~

I thought going to give to my friend, but with this outlook, its a disgrace :expressionless: as a gift. (looks like used item) I’m looking forward to have better quality in future

Oh boy... I'd grind down the attack bezel and that would remove that bad nick - wow, that thing looks like it was dropped on cement, or thrown down.

I'd pm the dealmetic guy, and/or try their support. I believe he had his own sale thread on this light.

.contacted me and mentioned your issue let’s see how he responds.

hm, looks like it was put together with stuff from the trash bin, rather than a new round of production, or from some cheaper source.
Did you get a solid pill? Do the emitter and driver look as good as the earlier one?

Still haven’t thoroughly look through… too tired from work, slept more than 15 hours straight away. just woke up, haha. will check it later after my breakfast.