What blade did you EDC today?

3364 posts / 0 new
Last post
Unforgiven
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 2 weeks ago
Joined: 08/08/2019 - 05:25
Posts: 5

Caved in and pulled the trigger…

Will update when I get the knife Big Smile

Cheers

BrightKen
Offline
Last seen: 8 hours 31 min ago
Joined: 04/24/2013 - 18:42
Posts: 520
Location: West Coast Canada

Today is the ZT 0801CF clone.

Scallywag
Scallywag's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 21 min ago
Joined: 01/11/2018 - 22:23
Posts: 663
Location: Ohio, United States

I’ve been carrying my new-to-me CRKT Fulcrum 2 recently. I traded my FW3A for it when I ordered a purple FW3A.
It’s tons of fun, and dangerously sharp for how good it is at being a fidget…

EDC Rotation: ZL SC62 | Jaxman E2L XP-G2 5A | Purple S2+ XPL-HI U6-3A | D4 w/ Luxeon V | RRT-01 
EagTac D25C Ti | DQG Slim AA Ti | UF-T1 by CRX | Olight S1 | Klarus Mini One Ti
L6 XHP70.2 P2 4000K FET+7135 | Jaxman M8 | MF02 | Jaxman Z1 CULNM1.TG | Blue S2+ w/ ML Special
In-progress: Supfire M6 3xXHP50.2 
Others: Nitecore EC23 | Nebo Twyst | Streamlight ProTac 1AA | TerraLux LightStar 100

Rexlion
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 32 min ago
Joined: 05/18/2019 - 16:59
Posts: 205
Location: Okla.

Kershaw Scallion with polyimide scales.

I can’t believe it took me this many years to finally buy one of these. My second Kershaw (the other is a Volt II). I really like the feel of the scales.

Lobster
Lobster's picture
Offline
Last seen: 12 hours 53 min ago
Joined: 01/13/2016 - 12:34
Posts: 160

Today it’s a slim front flipper

isti242
isti242's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 hours 59 min ago
Joined: 07/09/2011 - 15:11
Posts: 1429
Location: EU

I prefer full serrated blades in the garden. Wink

Binford
Offline
Last seen: 3 weeks 3 days ago
Joined: 07/31/2019 - 16:07
Posts: 102

Today, I EDC’d an Opinel No. 5
It is a simple knife without a lock and any “features”, but I managed to strop it to a razor-sharp edge.

Went to the post office and could open everything as expected.

Unforgiven
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 2 weeks ago
Joined: 08/08/2019 - 05:25
Posts: 5

The knife arrived… Full imgur link at the bottom.

Right, on to the business at hand. How is the knife?

It is a sanmai. The acid etching are evident all over the blade, even on the spine and heels. And, it is sharp. Shaving sharp… Sacrificed some of my arm hair to prove that. Big Smile



Size wise, it’s almost the size of a FH51, with a narrower handle. Couple with the fact that the handle is made of smooth wood, holding the knife tight and steady to thumb flick the knife a lil bit of challenge. And, the handle is solid wood. Can see the wood knot continue into the other plane.

Closing the knife poses another challenge, as there is no flipper tab, the knife will cut if you don’t get your thumb out of the way fast enough, after you release the liner lock.

The steel parts on the handle are not chamfered, so, sharp edges all around the handles.

Blade in closed position is nearly centered, slightly favoring the liner side. There was no blade movement initially, but, flipping the blades loosen the screw holding the blade. I have tighten twice and it’s beginning to move side to side, slightly, again as I type. I may need to get a loctite blue to address this issue… Flipping open the blade produces a nice satisfying sound though Wink

The outer skin of the sanmai in definitely soft. The detent ball is cutting a track into the surface of the blade. The detent is definitely strong. No amount of shaking will opens the knife

Right, on to the “free” scabbard… It was a disappointment. The “stamp“on the leather(?) is off centered, looking very cheap…

So, that’s all I have to say about the knife Big Smile

If anybody is interested in the pics, the link is AliExpress Damascus Folding Pocket Knife

BrightKen
Offline
Last seen: 8 hours 31 min ago
Joined: 04/24/2013 - 18:42
Posts: 520
Location: West Coast Canada

Today’s EDC is my old school Limited Edition CRKT M16-14FK. To all the Service members.
Carbon Fiber scales, combo tanto blade.

Rdubya18
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 21 min ago
Joined: 10/28/2018 - 18:42
Posts: 268
Location: Ohio

One of today’s carry…

(

isti242
isti242's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 hours 59 min ago
Joined: 07/09/2011 - 15:11
Posts: 1429
Location: EU

My modded Ganzo G732 . This is my first try with dying G10 scales:

Before:

strayz
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 2 hours ago
Joined: 10/09/2012 - 18:01
Posts: 581
Location: In the land of the Midnight Sun..

So Today I am trying something new. I have been thinking I wanted to pick up one of the versions of the Thin bodied minimalist long slender blades kinda like the Kwaiken style of knives. Then I happened across the CRKT CEO. I don’t have any pictures but I am impressed with the size and low profile when wearing a shirt and tie. Don’t get me wrong but I still love all my ZT’s.

Here is a link to it.

https://www.crkt.com/ceo.html

Not to bad for $40 bucks or so. I think I am going to try a official Kwaiken next.

BOO5TED
BOO5TED's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 15 min ago
Joined: 04/16/2019 - 20:53
Posts: 221
Location: ATL

strayz wrote:
So Today I am trying something new. I have been thinking I wanted to pick up one of the versions of the Thin bodied minimalist long slender blades kinda like the Kwaiken style of knives. Then I happened across the CRKT CEO. I don’t have any pictures but I am impressed with the size and low profile when wearing a shirt and tie. Don’t get me wrong but I still love all my ZT’s.

Here is a link to it.

https://www.crkt.com/ceo.html

Not to bad for $40 bucks or so. I think I am going to try a official Kwaiken next.

I thought the same thing before I held one at Blade Show this year, really nice knife and smooth movement but just too thin and small to feel comfortable in my hand. Felt like I was holding a pencil.

"America has three cities, New York, San Francisco and New Orleans. Everywhere else is Cleveland."- Tennessee Williams

 

strayz
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 2 hours ago
Joined: 10/09/2012 - 18:01
Posts: 581
Location: In the land of the Midnight Sun..

BOO5TED wrote:
strayz wrote:
So Today I am trying something new. I have been thinking I wanted to pick up one of the versions of the Thin bodied minimalist long slender blades kinda like the Kwaiken style of knives. Then I happened across the CRKT CEO. I don’t have any pictures but I am impressed with the size and low profile when wearing a shirt and tie. Don’t get me wrong but I still love all my ZT’s.

Here is a link to it.

https://www.crkt.com/ceo.html

Not to bad for $40 bucks or so. I think I am going to try a official Kwaiken next.

I thought the same thing before I held one at Blade Show this year, really nice knife and smooth movement but just too thin and small to feel comfortable in my hand. Felt like I was holding a pencil.

Yeah not sure if I want to go all Jason Borne on someone with a pencil. Sick

srvctec
srvctec's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 weeks 5 days ago
Joined: 06/03/2016 - 22:42
Posts: 39
Location: Central Kansas, USA

strayz wrote:
BOO5TED wrote:
strayz wrote:
So Today I am trying something new. I have been thinking I wanted to pick up one of the versions of the Thin bodied minimalist long slender blades kinda like the Kwaiken style of knives. Then I happened across the CRKT CEO. I don't have any pictures but I am impressed with the size and low profile when wearing a shirt and tie. Don't get me wrong but I still love all my ZT's. Here is a link to it. https://www.crkt.com/ceo.html Not to bad for $40 bucks or so. I think I am going to try a official Kwaiken next.
I thought the same thing before I held one at Blade Show this year, really nice knife and smooth movement but just too thin and small to feel comfortable in my hand. Felt like I was holding a pencil.
Yeah not sure if I want to go all Jason Borne on someone with a pencil. }P

 

But if you go all John Wick on them, all you need is a pencil.  Smile

AgentSteel
AgentSteel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 9 hours 54 min ago
Joined: 02/21/2017 - 12:04
Posts: 463
Location: France

Lately I’ve been EDCying this ~10€ multitool knife at work, very decent for the price Thumbs Up

Comes with an (angry blue) LED Evil

Was reviewed by WeJuggleKnives a few years ago :

Flashlights, blades & beer

Adahn
Adahn's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 58 min ago
Joined: 07/10/2016 - 06:29
Posts: 632
Location: SAK-land

I knew I’ve seen that CEO before Wink

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33050448831.html

I’d order one if it was with a tip-up carry clip…

srvctec
srvctec's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 weeks 5 days ago
Joined: 06/03/2016 - 22:42
Posts: 39
Location: Central Kansas, USA

Switched back to this for work, for a while, and that's a Fact.  cool

 

 

 

Adahn
Adahn's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 58 min ago
Joined: 07/10/2016 - 06:29
Posts: 632
Location: SAK-land

Still have to anodize the new clip I made to my CRK (ChinesRipoffKnife) TiLock.

I just managed to lose the clip on job when it must’ve fell down and got wiped away to the trash bin by the job student…

Anyways, I never really liked the G+G-Hawk clip.

isti242
isti242's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 hours 59 min ago
Joined: 07/09/2011 - 15:11
Posts: 1429
Location: EU

Strider SJ75 clone with titanium frame-lock and D2 blade:

Omega_17
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 34 min ago
Joined: 06/02/2013 - 16:56
Posts: 887
Location: France

Land 155. I love this knife. Excellent blade shape and very comfortable. Only problem was the axis lock who was super strong to the point the lock would be stuck, so I remove one omega spring and now its super smooth to use.
Axis lock + balls bearings is a great combo.

wraithpc
wraithpc's picture
Offline
Last seen: 13 hours 48 min ago
Joined: 09/25/2018 - 02:30
Posts: 6

Cheburkov Russkiy





isti242
isti242's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 hours 59 min ago
Joined: 07/09/2011 - 15:11
Posts: 1429
Location: EU
JoeH12.81
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 38 min ago
Joined: 03/13/2019 - 14:12
Posts: 44
Location: Portland, OR
isti242
isti242's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 hours 59 min ago
Joined: 07/09/2011 - 15:11
Posts: 1429
Location: EU
Omega_17
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 34 min ago
Joined: 06/02/2013 - 16:56
Posts: 887
Location: France

Is it a good quality brand? They have a nice gentleman with wood handle knife with 12C27 on balls bearing but I don’t like the screws they are using. Many noname knifes use the same screws and the steel must be super soft.

isti242
isti242's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 hours 59 min ago
Joined: 07/09/2011 - 15:11
Posts: 1429
Location: EU
Omega_17 wrote:
Is it a good quality brand? They have a nice gentleman with wood handle knife with 12C27 on balls bearing but I don’t like the screws they are using. Many noname knifes use the same screws and the steel must be super soft.

Both of my Petrified Fish folders arrived with excellent fit & finish, smooth action, centered blade and solid lock-up. I have no problem with the pivot screws but the pocket clips are only for tip down carry.
Those wooden handle gentleman’s folders also look nice I might give them a try sooner or later. At the moment I’m tempted by this similar styled but more robust one with 3.5” AUS-8 blade.

BrightKen
Offline
Last seen: 8 hours 31 min ago
Joined: 04/24/2013 - 18:42
Posts: 520
Location: West Coast Canada

Today EDC are two RAD Shepherd brothers from a different mother.
Bronze Ti ano handle with brushed blade and stonewashed black Ti handle with stonewashed black Ti coated blade.

isti242
isti242's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 hours 59 min ago
Joined: 07/09/2011 - 15:11
Posts: 1429
Location: EU

Don’t go for a swim with those in your pockets. Wink Smile

BrightKen
Offline
Last seen: 8 hours 31 min ago
Joined: 04/24/2013 - 18:42
Posts: 520
Location: West Coast Canada
isti242 wrote:
Don’t go for a swim with those in your pockets. Wink Smile

I won’t…Can’t swim. LoL

Pages