FW3A, a TLF/BLF EDC flashlight - SST-20 available, coupon codes public

You might have missed something on the dome or the mcpcb was burning up extra flux with bad thermal connection to body

Cough.

He had the bezel off, the optic out, & ran it on TURBO. There was basically no thermal connection to the body…. :cry: . :cry:

I think teacher might be able to help, hey teach is that common fault in you’re how to fix the fw3a thread ?

It wasn’t for very long but I had no clue that you weren’t supposed to fire it up without the front on. Hellova floody beam though. Was almost 180 degrees across. How does the optic transfer heat to the body though? To me it just looks like a ring of aluminum, a circle of glass and a plastic optic. I always thought the heat transferred to the little copper disk that the LEDs are mounted on.

Edit: oh I see it has to be pressed up against something and that’s what the optic+bezel do.

light seems ok though and none of the LED’s look smoky or anything.
think I fried something?

:open_mouth: Mate… that’s not the BLF spirit. :wink: Even though it might well be toooooo late. :cry: :cry:

I know you WON’T… never again anyway :slight_smile:

:+1: … times 2 or 3.

:beer: :face_with_monocle: :beer:
It’s that mind thing you know mate…. :wink:

Lol

Lols.

:innocent:

Soooo….anyone ordered new titanium with BLF code?

Good, you may have dodged the bullet then. Put it on super low, or a level you can look at directly; & see if any of the LED’s appear off color while on.

Hopefully, you lucked out. :slight_smile:

No.

uh oh what’s too late? What irreversible damage have I cursed upon my favourite flashlight?

It’ll be fine

Maybe nothing if you did not fry/burnout/screw up any of your LED’s.

CHECK THIS POST & VIDEO OUT to see what happened when someone else did what you did. (sorry Nev, but I had to share you "taking one for the team") … :open_mouth: . :wink:

Lol,
No worries,go for it :smiley: :+1:
Justa heads up though, mine was smoking before I took thebezel off :wink:
It was also in candle mode.

:smiley: . Thanks mate… :+1: … :beer: :face_with_monocle: :beer:

Nev, you've been a member for over two years, you have almost a thousand posts, and you have no idea that swearing isn't allowed on BLF?

I'm not buying it.

Hey GroovyBro, have you done this yet??

Inquiring minds want to know if you killed off any of your LED’s during your unplanned science expeeiment/torture test. :wink:

What up??

holy smokes that’s a lot of smoke! I don’t think I got anywhere near that amount. I had mine on like that for a similar (or slightly shorter) amount of time but I didn’t experience it frying itself like that.
Here’s a photo I took on moonlight mode. It looks alright to me but one diode looks ever so slightly rosier than the rest. Surprisingly that wasn’t the one that got kinda smoky so I guess they just came from factory like that. I never really looked into the diodes like that before so I have no reference point. Anyways, nothing I can really do I guess. Seems like I got lucky though.

edit: none of the leds and the colour still looks about the same. I may have dodged a bullet here

Boys, please.