Haikelite HT35 great deal (NOT 49.99)

Thanks for the pics, especially size comparison one. I did not realize how big this light really is. :slight_smile:

Do you have any pics of the beam pattern in flood mode? Is there a huge donut hole or is it fairly even?

Thanks!

(Emphasis above added by me)

That is WAY below spec - product specs state 1000m throw (250kcd)

Is it possible that your measurement is not accurate?

(waiting on mine to arrive, btw)

If setting best focus in throw mode , you can see the Cross of LED.
But you can see the nice beam by setting over focus.
No donut hole in flood mode , It’s nice flood beam.

Sure, It is accurate, remember that this is XHP35 HD and NW.

User “Haikelite Official” said in the product thread that the HD actually gave better lux than the Hi.

https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/46382/41

Subscribed and added for one if still on

I received my HT35 neutral white yesterday; some initial impressions and calculations (no beamshots): Beautiful fit and finish, flawless. Heavy at 1.75 lbs with two 26650s, but feels solid and extremely well built. Smooth slider. Perfect wide flood, great for indoors. When in flood, the tint is slightly warmer around the edges. Overall the NW tint is wonderful, really shows some nice colors outdoors. The focused beam is much wider than my TN42; no surprise since the lens is much smaller on the HT35. Similar beam size to the HaikeLite MT07, but without the spill. Very few beam artifacts; just some faint outer rings, barely noticeable outdoors.

Now some calculations:

Using ceiling bounce and a lux meter with comparison to several other lights, I estimate 1900 (flood) and 700 (focused) lumens.

Testing at 8 meters, I calculated 140800 candela (750 meters throw). As reference, I also compared my TN42 NW (678 kcd), HaikeLite MT07 NW (110 kcd), Astrolux S2 5000K (59 kcd), and Convoy C8 3000K (57 kcd).

A bit under spec, but not bad for neutral white. Overall, I love this light, and it will be my first choice outdoors, when size and weight are not a concern. A great value at $79, and a must-buy at a discount.

Mine,
HT35 100,000cd
MT07 90,000cd
and many flashlights my measurement are under spec.

Is the lower price deal still available? I registered on the https://m4dm4x.com/ site, but it's not working. Dunno, my registration maybe didn't work? I entered my attempted username in the OP.

Even at $50 it's not a bad deal, but $40 is real nice

Tested my HT35 NW at 6m with 3400 Lux = 122000 Lux with protected Soshine 26650 and unprot. Liitokala batteries
Tested a MT07 CW ( but only at 1m !!) = 90000 Lux
Tested my Jaxman Z1 CW ( 1570 Lux at 6m ) = 56500 Lux with protected Soshine 26650 batteries

Greets
Carsten

I am getting mine hopefully today if not i guess waiting one more day won’t hurt anyone… I kinda hoped for better throw numbers but i know this one won’t stay stock for long so the stock numbers are not all that relevant to me.

That was faster than i expected, i received the light and of course i did fast autopsy to see how easy to mod this light is.

First here is few comparative pics to the Convoy L6 and Courui D01 since they are the biggest lights i have at the moment

Lens, logo and back side

Inside of the light, pill design and driver

There is few things that could be better, the focusing mechanism could use few more threads because it is rattling in between full focus and full flood, led is not perfectly centered, driver is H > M > L and i absolutely hate it, no memory.

All in all not bad but could be better.

Driver is easily accessible and about 28-29mm, there is enough space to fit TA 30mm driver with some sanding or any other 30mm driver that have few millimeters execs edge that could be sanded.

Amp draw according to my DMM at the tail with fully charged littokala 26650’s is
2.68A - High
0.78A - Med.
0.22A - Low.

Throw: 108000cd, measured at 3m in my room, need to wait to get dark for longer range test.

Edit:

This is the cool white version.

About 1.7A to the LED? (LDCH driver… Familiar. Similar to the kaidomain? Manker?) I’m a bit disappointed that it uses a pill compared to their other designs but, when it comes to pills, this one seems well built. :smiley: Any estimate of how thick the brass is underneath the LED? Thanks :slight_smile:

DRIVER? https://m.gearbest.com/led-accessories/pp_391948.html

I plan to measure current at the LED when i disassemble the light next time, i was to lazy to desolder leads from the board. I will also check the shelf thickness on the pill, that if i don’t forget.

Anyways even with all the moving parts and the pill design the light is not bad at conducting heat at least IMO, it got fairly hot after 10min on high, and the heat was not concentrated in only the spot around the pill, the whole head was warm and also much of the heat ended up into the battery tube since the pill is screwed into it.

Perhaps the pill option in zoomies gives you better options in terms of LED types and focusing issues. Dunno, but it's more common in the higher end zoomies we are seeing (1405's, Z1's, B158, etc.). For example, I got a couple 1405's with spare pills, and it's sweet being able to change out red, green, and dedomed LED's.

I like the brass pill in this, again, no different from the other higher quality aspherics. Basically, all of us into aspherics own 1405's, Z1's, and B158's - they are pretty much top tier, but still on the budget side. If you don't have at least one of these and you like aspherics, you are missing out on some special lights.

This light seems disappointing in throw for it's size though, so I'd only consider it for modding purposes. The initial reports coming in indicates it's well under performing it's claimed specs on throw. 1,000 meters is listed, and that means 250 kcd. 100 kcd or 140 kcd is not even close I hope Haikelite can some how explain this, or at the very least, update their specs.

Yes the light is not performing as advertised. Mainly because the led is not driven well and it is normal HD version. I will swap the led or dedome this one and see what can be done with the stock driver. If anything of that does not give the results i want i will go with xhp50 at 6+A or even maybe fet drive the led.

Well it's an interesting experiment to use an XHP35 in an aspheric. Not sure if even modders have done it yet - the 12V requirement and/or special driver has been a hindrance in pursuing it. Why they say an HD has better throw than a HI in this light is bazaar, to say the least. Clearly since the light way under performs it's specs, they ran into some serious problems and still have not resolved them yet.

I think my dedomed XP-G2 in a similar size light, the 1405, does about 540 kcd. True you get much lower lumens, more laser like, and with no regulation of course (FET based driver). Certainly a well driven XHP35 HI (~2.5A) should do in the 250 kcd range, in theory, in this light.

They might be just confused and think that if the lumen output is greater so it is the throw. In my experience and everyone else for that matter, dedomed leds perform better than ones with dome when comes down to throw numbers.

Main issue here is the driver, i think that it is not the best one and it could be better for the price, they did not even bother to design their own driver, yes we got the lights as a very good deal but the normal asking price is much higher and it is not acceptable, at least for me.

XHP35 dedome/HI @ 2.5A should give the numbers they promise, but doing that requires additional parts and modding, not really what would you expect out from the box. I certentaly will experiment with this light, might not be tomorrow but i am sure i will, 100kcd in a light this size… it is a big no no, it will never be used.

Edit:

Measured current at the led, 1.47A.

1.47A makes sense if they are using the LD-51 here on GB as-is.

KawiBoy1428, mods the LD51 in this post and the following one: GBGB, LD-51 dual cell XHP35 Boost Driver, Great Price! - #102 by KawiBoy1428