How did we do? (FastTech.com)

Got a bunch of parts in today. They were all packed great and are working well. I bought this programmer just to test it out verses my USBtinyISP and it works great, and a whole heck of a lot cheaper. Couple this with some of their jumper pins and an SOIC clip (sadly from somewhere else), and it's a cheap easy way to program drivers.

Now what do I get for my next order... :)

What exactly does that do?

Just allows you to program your own modes and flash a driver like the NANJG 105C. Here's more info surrounding how it started here on BLF - https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/744.

Cool! Thanks man!!

I’m truly sorry about this and we thank you for sharing with us valuable feedback like this. I have to say this is beyond dumb :~ .

First we’re going to replace your reflector and set things straight. Then, we’re going to fix this non sense packaging.

We’ve fixed packaging issues surrounding many things including glasses, batteries, drivers, etc but frankly not the reflectors. Unfortunately, typical workers here do require babysitting type of training. If you ever come to visit China, you’ll be amazed by how most people do things (everything) here.

Luckily, we have got most of these problems handled. Please do keep comments like this coming so we can perfect our processes. Sorry again and we’ll work harder on this!

Sorry about this as well. I did get your ticket over that weekend and promised to test the clicky switch on the following Monday when I’m back to office. However I got a bit swamped and lost track of it — totally my bad :_( . In the meantime, the Convoy M1 flashlight actually has a reverse clicky.

We’re going to work on these areas. Thank you for your feedback as well.

Jasmine

I ordered 3 drop-ins and all appear to be packaged very well and seperately! Just for a side note.

Remembering when I said that my new TF flames look so cool…
Now one battery is dead.
I have charged them up after I got them then I have used them a bit in my Tr3t6 and now I wanted to recharge them…one is charging one will not charge.
And I thought that these were rechargeable…lol

Edit: I ripped off the protection PCB and that smells a bit burned. Tested with board no charge or discharge, voltage on DMM 3.8V. Without board charges and discharges.
Conclusion I am now one of the don’t trust trustfire guys in this forum.
But they look really cool. :smiley:

I have seen alle episodes of Dr. House so I don’t give up until I have examined the problem. One of the FETs is burned

This is bizarre. Send us a ticket and we’ll get this replaced for you.

Hey Jasmine thanks for all your hard work.

well, the better the batteries look, the worst they are, usually. that goes for all “FIRE” batteries

I have to say I don’t really understand why people buy these batteries. I bought 4 of these when I first got into 18650 cells, but soon realised that for $3 dollars more I could buy Sanyo’s. So I did and they are so much better. So why do you guys buy these?

Marc.

Because they look awesome! How often should I say this.

LOL @ Werner :D!

They had confusing item description on dummy AAA batteries, it was listed as one pair but description said, not without adding to confusion tho, that its two pairs. Sent them message and they fixed it, nice :)!
Its two pairs=four AAA dummy batteries, cheapest they have:
https://www.fasttech.com/products/1420/10001920/1138001

Thanks, Jasmine ;)!

Here in Italy is the very same, maybe even worst.

In addition we have biblic transition time for every kind of postal shipping from abroad (outside EU) through the custom’s office, normally no less than ten days starting from the time the parcel hit the country.

Sometime it needs a lot more, especially for big packets with “GIFT” or inconsistent value declaration.
When i say “a lot more”, i mean months.

So same rules as Spain, small orders and (if possible) legit declarations.
I’m willing a “value declaration option” in the ordering system, just to decide which kind of risk take for every order.
But i can understand that for the rest of the world it could appear very odd ….

And last but not the least, only registered signed shipping, otherwise parcels tend to disappear in the way.

I made a couple of order on FT website, the first on January 06 and now it’s sitting on italian custom facility, the other one on January 16, still awaiting to leave HK.

For the latter i fear a bit because it contains lithium batteries, let’s see what happen in the following days.

So far i got a good impression from FT web shop and its presence on this forum, now i’m awaiting to receive parcels to check packing & goods quality.

Marco.

PS : Hi to all, my first post in this great Forum !

Werner,

That sucks about your experience with the Trustfire cells. I have around 30 of them, and I’ve never had a problem yet. :S

Does anyone really buy those puzzle cubes? There was 27 new ones added to the 650+ already existing ones today.

Hard to imagine why any site would have nearly 700 different ones for sale unless they were a huge seller.

Been wondering the same thing myself!

Look around for speedcubing forums. Fasttech is indeed gaining name there just like in BLF.

First order from FastTech received today.

Ordered 12th Jan, shipped 14th Jan. Arrived in Australia 25th Jan.

Review of items here. - don't read if your time is precious to you.

Thank you :slight_smile:

A quick update on the latest issues we’re seeing:

1. We updated the Nitecore EA4 and EA4W’s shipping time to 7 business days on 1/19/2013 because of erratic supply schedules from Nitecore. This information was clearly shown on the product page next to stock status in the buy button’s box. Orders placed before 1/19/2013 were all shipped.

There has been a few e-mail in the past couple of days saying that they did not see the 7-day message. I’d like want to clarify that this information was indeed displayed as I personally made that change. If the wait is unacceptable, we can promptly provide a refund upon request.

2. It’s flu season here are a few of us were sick, and thus slower response time to some tickets. We are back to normal now so save for special requests, everything is responded to within 24 hours give or take.

Thank you again everyone.