LUMINTOP 10 years Anniversary Giveaway

Vladsunnys picture seems to be made on some white fabric - I have never noticed Lumintop doing that so I decided in his favor.

If anyone does not want his prize I am happy to redraw

Congratulations to the winners!
And thank you Lumintop for the prizes, Neal for starting this, and Martin for finishing it.

I am NOT saying redraw - nothing to do with me at all. :slight_smile:
The photo web address is from a review site 1Lumen , a quick right click revealed that - that doesn’t mean ‘marco’ the reviewer didn’t enter though, it may well be his light anyway!

Congrats to the winners and thanks for the GAW Neal. Thanks for the DRAW Martin.

Congratulations to all and thank you for the opportunity!

Congratulations to the winners!

4.special prize: Lumintop will choose one which is the most meaningful

So, what about it? No meaningful pictures? Out of prizes?

m Marco, ChibiM. I also joined but used a totally different picture. FYI.

I’m sorry ChibiM, that doesn’t make any sense to me .You have quoted me for what reason? Are you saying you are Marco I’m confused. You only use that account to enter giveaways?

I believe he ChibiM/Marco is saying that Vladsunny “stole” the photo from his site (1lumen.com) and that he ChibiM/Marco entered this GAW with other photo :wink:

You mentioned the reviewer of that site might have entered the GAW, and he did, as ChibiM, with other photo, not the one “stolen” from Vladsunny (a “gaw” hunter :stuck_out_tongue: ).

Oh I see lol! I didn’t understand what he meant….makes sense now :person_facepalming: I didn’t even know that was your site ChibiM lol! Doh! - bookmarked :slight_smile:

Thanks for investigating!

Vladsumys entry is clearly invalid!

my fault that I did not check the links...

I did think that we have cheaters here :(

Do you want a video from the redraw of 3rd place?

or are you okay if I just post the new winner?

I’m not fussed Martin, it’s up to you, I only said about it because others got removed - I just thought it was unfair for a winner to be one with a ‘stolen’ photo, bearing in mind others were removed, and the upset that followed for some.
Couldn’t really stay like that, or it would have been grossly unfair to the others.
I was only following up on this comment -

I tried to hold off on commenting, but this kinda irks me. In the first couple of GAW’s I’ve done here, some of the winners were definitely GAW hunters. After that, I had to start including a rule that I would check any potential winner’s post history to confirm they’re not a GAW hunter. I really don’t mind spending my money to ship a flashlight to an active, contributing member here that I know will appreciate their gift. This reminds me… it’s about time that I do another one.

If you look at Vladsumy’s post history, every single one of his/her 28 posts is an entry to a GAW. :rage:

Either way, thanks for your assistance with this effort, Martin. I know you didn’t make the rules here. It seems you came into help clean up a bit of a mess.

It is unfortunate that some members only use the forum for giveaways which should not be allowed. But irrespective of that issue:

I do not believe Vladsumy intentionally cheated (or cheated at all) and believe he should be allowed to keep the prize (even though he did enter after the rule change) because the wording of the rule change was not clear which is obvious by how many members misinterpreted the meaning.

The revised rule wording "post a picture of the item you have which from Lumintop" could also be interpreted as having to "post a picture from Lumintop" which is what I did before the rule change and before being "disqualified" because that was one option suggested by Neal in his original post but I realize a lot is lost in translation and individual interpretations of the written word vary so I am not upset or bothered by any of this and again thank all involved in this most generous giveaway and most interesting thread.

The problem with that is, a lot of others who did the same had their entries removed and weren’t even in the draw, hence the upset. Would it be fair to keep just 1 in - or should it be let go because martin didn’t notice in time? (NOT his fault)
I’d be inclined to either remove him, like everyone else was - or redraw that 1 prize with everyone in (including Vladsumy), so at least the ones who were removed have a chance at winning 1 thing - that seems the fairer option.
Also what happened to the ‘meaningful’ photo - i must admit I did go out of my way to do it….ish, and so did a few others by the look of it? is this going ahead still - at least let us know please M4X :slight_smile:

i wrote to the Admin for advise how to proceed with that user.
i guess he can look into more details (like a possible double account...)

meanwhile i used random.org to give one of the other participants the chance

aannnnd the winner of the 3rd place iiiiiiss:

*drumroll*

zeremefico

CONGRATULATIONS!

here is the complete list

# User post# RANK
105 power911 #145 1
131 sovereignknight #181 2
63 zeremefico #93 3
139 SIGShooter #191 4
62 KyleGates #92 5
112 Thrust84 #152 6
173 LOTL #232 7
133 muellihenry #183 8
74 antiparanoico #109 9
31 GDF #56 10

the "meaningful picture" will be choosen by Lumintop to my knowledge
(i hope that will be soon)

LOL, all the confusion.. Yes, you are correct MascaratumB :D

That's what I wanted to say about the picture ;)

Honestly, I’m happy that this decision was made!! :+1:
Maybe this desencourages further “gaw hunters” to register/enter just for free stuff :smiling_imp:

Looking forward to see that choice, and good luck to all that are IN :smiley:

:wink: :+1: :beer: