NiteFighter F30B - Any reviews of it?

I have one. I haven’t found a better light for cheaper. Just a simple and tough little light.

+1, totally agree. Great deal at $13 wit BLF code @BangGood, compared to an X6 or D80, because this is very close in quality and performance.

I have some ??’s
1—I think I read somewhere that the name of this
flashlight and/or it’s manufacturing company was
changed. Does anybody know anything positive
about that name change ?

2—The BG ad states 2000 Lm.—Anyone have a idea
what the actual lumens output is ?

3—What is the BLF code for BG ?—(PM me)

Thanks , Mike

1--I think I read somewhere that the name of this flashlight and/or it's manufacturing company was changed. Does anybody know anything positive about that name change?

--> No - it could be sold under another name, like almost all the other flashlights, but I'm not aware of a change, but the manufacturer's name is pretty meaningless - no telling who made it, and even if the name is the same, doesn't mean it's made by the same factory/location/person, etc. Names, style, quality can change day to day it seems like.

2--The BG ad states 2000 Lm.--Anyone have a idea what the actual lumens output is ?

--> Total lie as usual - that's in Chinese lumens . For real OTF lumens, see my post #19 above. They do say 2000 lumens (MAX), so, maybe measuring the flashlight's output in lumens out in space at -270 Celsius, it might actually measure 2000 lumens? Even mine may be better or worse than average, but gives you an idea from one recent sample from BG at least.

3--What is the BLF code for BG ?--(PM me)

--> The BLF code is "BLF" without the quotes - try it. It's 8% off, no secret, well published around here.

Seriously though, the sooner you order from BG/USA, the better chance you'll get one of the same quality/performance as mine (same batch). Overall it's a pretty good deal. Right now, it doesn't look so good for modding because I can't get the driver retaining ring off yet -- could be my one piece or could be something stupid I'm doing, but it's a problem for me none-the-less considering I've taken apart/modded maybe 100 or more different designed flashlights or so, and occasionally run into a light that is glued up excessively at some threaded connection.

Tom E , Your reply’s very helpful and quick ! Happy New Year
and Thanks, Mike

I think this thread was what was being referred to: Revtronic's Deals ----ONlY USD17.99 for 800lumens flashlight+2600mAh battery+4.2V 600mA Charger

Sorry Mike, TGIF, I'm a bit silly today .

I do like it comes on Hi though as a default - at least when you pick it up, turn it ON, you know how it will be on max output, then 1/2 clicks will knock it down somewhat before getting into the blinkies - not bad for a budget stock UI.

Ahh - k, then NiteFighter as a name on the F30B will be history... I did read that thread but totally forgot. Usually I post and forget, or buy and forget... Well I just forget mostly .

pilotdog68 : Yes this is what I read about the name change stuff !
I couldn’t remember where or when I saw it. What do you think
about this light ?

Tom E , It’s just like me. I thought I was dreaming about
the name change. We all have the DRS syndrome at times.
Oh , DRS stands for ” Don’t Remember S**t” !! :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

Since no one posted about getting the driver retaining ring off, I worked on it more, and got it off. Turns out it is reverse threaded. Used a milling bit in my bench drill press to machine a break in the ring, then, of course, realized there's no glue - it's simply reverse threaded - CW to loosen Frown.

After metal chisels, hammering, etc., I certainly got it really tight!

This is after getting it out:

After cleaning it up to re-use. It re-threads back on fine:

The driver is nothing too special. Uses a pair of 0.43 ohm current limiting resistors on the LED+ side, and a small FET with a gate resistor on the LED- side, and typical D1 diode and C1 cap. The small cap and resistor on the right are probably for detecting OFF time. Pretty simple, straight forward design:

here you can see the reflector compared to an X6 and D80:

The F30B has the biggest I.D. and biggest depth - should be able to throw better than a X6 for sure.

The stock LED MCPCB is 25 mm but looks like there's room for a 26mm, and doesn't use an alignment piece for the LED, more or less some tape padding, like the original X6's:

Tom were you ever able to mod your f30b? If so, what did u do to it and numbers please?

Yes! Came out real nice, actually. I'll try to find the #'s.

Mods: U3 3D (domed) on MaxToch 26mm, MtnE 22 mm FET only driver, w/ATtiny25 with my custom firmware, 18 AWG wires, 38.0 mm UCLp.

Results:

Sam 30Q @4.22v, 4.34A (clamp meter), lumens: 1,401 @start, 1,346 @30 secs, 45 kcd (measured at 5m)

Some pics of the mod, not sure if I posted anywhere, but actually don't have much on it:

Hello Tom E, I’m curious about this light and I have some ??’s
1-Is it still made and for sale somewhere under a different brand name / model # ?
2-What did you think of it , in the stock form ?—( Lumens , Throw , etc.)
3-What’s the size comparison to a C8 ?
4-What would you charge to build another one ?

Thanks

Wow very respectable numbers. I’m surprised you opted for lumens over throw for a host with a great size reflector.
I’m sure you could have gotten close to 100kcd and 1100 lumens with a dedomed xpg2 no?

K, some answers:

Hello Tom E, I'm curious about this light and I have some ??'s

1-Is it still made and for sale somewhere under a different brand name / model # ?

--> Yes, they've sold a ton on Amazon here based on the # of reviews posted.

2-What did you think of it , in the stock form ?--( Lumens , Throw , etc.)

--> So-so. Stock #'s I got: 554 lumens, 19.5 kcd. Like the quality of the host

3-What's the size comparison to a C8 ?

--> Hhmm, well C8's are 45 mm head diam, this is 41.6 mm, length a little shorter, don't recall

4-What would you charge to build another one ?

--> Ahh, really can't any time soon. Wayyyy behind on mods

The stock light has a weaker tailcap switch type I don't like. I was able to mod it though to a better switch, but think I had to use a fwd clicky. Overall I'd seriously consider a D80 over this light, for quality, cost, performance. I got 2 of the F30B's, but only because of the deal at the times. I've communicated with the manufacturer though about some issues, specially the poor tailcap switch (cheaper style, loss of amps, high resistance), and they were very receptive, but I haven't seen it improved yet.

Based on your finds , this light seems to be Ok for someone like you who can mod , but not for the Amazon price ?—-This stock light is $26 on Amazon !

For that price In stock form , too many weaknesses. I understand why you suggest the D80. Thanks for the answers and your help is greatly appreciated.

$13.99 from BG (CN Warehouse)

this was my first ‘mod’ if you can call glue and caulk that :smiley:

After applying shoogoo on the flanges of the boot, and caulking the inside perimeter with marine silicone, press fitting the switch assembly with just 2 tiny dabs of epoxy (locations marked), it has worked flawlessly and was a regular user even in heavy winter rains until the D80 came along. I’m very satisfied with mine, the low cost is another pleaser.

Price cut - Gearbest - 12,59$
:money_mouth_face: :+1: