[PART 1] Official BLF GT Group Buy thread. Group buy officially closed! Lights shipping.

I think I heard rumors about this light, if it is what I am thinking of, it is not a competitor to the GT but it IS one interesting light unlike anything else I have seen.

LOL “Oh no” as in “Damn, i’m gonna have to buy this too.” :smiley: :smiley:

New aspheric thrower. The nightlight of tutankhamun

Oh boy, phone issues and real things needed doing, too beat at night, and it all looked so peaceful (phone not getting emails, only some “update” marked things, so I did get some mails and did not suspect missing all BLF related mails :frowning: so thought it was really not busy and was glad with that, have to do things before the real frost sets.
BUT seeing a lot of activity here, heck a new topic 312+ post about GT logo
Will start reading the 416+ posts later working down from the last MARK post and d the lst update as well, tomorrow evening top this should be done (a lot of catching up to do.
Apologies

Please add me to the list. I would like to buy one on the group buy.

Glad you are ok, we were starting to worry.

Long story short, the Logo thread is basically done now, the final logos are being discussed in the team email threads now. We need to send them to lumintop asap as they will quickly, if not already, start holding up the production.

Are you getting the team emails now?

Do Tell……

I’m just happy to see really big lights becoming popular and part of the scene again! :+1:

Member here giorgoskok wrote:

Maybe this is the light?

Hope the team decides and sends the logos to be used in production to Lumintop soon and post a status of what were the final logos sent.

Thanks and good job everyone!

I hope that if the logos are big, that they at least use a gray color so they do not stick out like a sore thumb.

I was sworn to secrecy…shhhh lol

In all seriousness, it is a pretty neat concept that should be really interesting to see come to life. Not a competitor for the GT though.

Assuming of course that it is the light I heard rumors about.

They won’t be very big, the locations they are being printing are pretty small so that kinda limits the size.

Gray is much harder then it sounds with laser engraving as well. It takes a lot of trial and error to get it right or it will either look grainy or it won’t actually be gray (due to the laser burning through all the material anyways, it is a very fine balancing act to get a gray). Generally better off sticking to a black and white setup unless you really need a gray.

It’s laser engraved? I just assumed it was a silk screen. So a laser on black anodizing produces a white color? Interesting.

Anyway, I’m glad it will be small logos.

Grey, white, yellow, laser etched, hand painted, vinyl sticker, logo or no logo, just get production going and ship the light, camping season is starting :exclamation:

If the Dx80 can put out 32000 lumen, then this light CAN (no pun intended)
I hope that light can put out more than 50000 lumen

Yeah, it will be laser engraved the way I understand it (makes sense, it is WAY cheaper and easier then silk screening). It turns out more of a silver color technically but looks white with the black contrast. It is technically burning away the ano and revealing the metal under it.

AMEN!!!
Who cares about logo?

I do. It needs to look good.

Would you want a ferarri that was pink and purple? No. Looks matter and every little detail needs to be right.

If your Lumintop, the details can cost you big time. A big, ugly logo can put people off, losing them sales.

You got something against pink and purple ferraris?
I bet you would buy the ugly resale red version! :frowning:

I tried to stay away from this, really I did. But please add me to the list.