Promo Code for PF01/PF02 and ask reviewers for PF04

ditto)

Especially if it doesn’t have next mode memory or the “reset back to default in 5-10 seconds off time”

Gotta give kudos for this vendor wading in here and duking it out with us rabble rousers though…

:smiley:

Hmm, time to kick strobe out, we are doing it right now. But about the mode memory, the engineer told me it’s hard to make the mode memory because the circuit is too small, the best we can do is make reset back to default: moonlight. What’s your opinion?
BTW, I like your picture, as well as the picture of your profile. Is it a rat or mouse shooing?

It would be great to see it without mode memory, at least in my opinion. I don’t know where other folks stand, but I’ld be happy if it started always on moonlight.

Forward clicky, starts in moonlight, double click straight to high. That would be good I think.

Maybe you can ask your engineer to do the pencil trick or stacking a resistor on top of the capacitor to remove the next mode memory?

I could be wrong, I’ve never seen the driver so it is just a wild guess…

AK cat :slight_smile:

Easiest would be have them solder a 330K ohm 0805 resistor over the cap on the MCU, (the pencil trick is just a graphite version of a fixed resistor) this way after 5-10 seconds of light being off from whatever mode it was left on it will slowly bleed the charge out of the capacitor and the MCU would reset back to default mode (If it starts moon>L>H then it would reset back to moon)

This is a good explanation. :slight_smile:

This way the light will always start on the default mode after a certain period of off time. I think this is better than the next mode memory.

ding ding ding :slight_smile:

It’s a “cheat” on getting rid of the flashies too

L>M>H>STROBE>SOS is the old way turn off the flashlight, turn on flashlight an hour later or whatever, it automatically moves to the next mode…very annoying if you forgot what mode you turned it off in

W/ the resistor/pencil lead mod you can go

L>M>H>OFF……L>M>H>OFF…but if you need to you can still have flashies (alot of people dislike flashies…but it’s nice to have em in an emergency [this is why the nanjg 105C’s with the dual group modes are nice, one group is L>M>H, the other group is L>M>H>STROBE>SOS w/ the ability to toggle modes on the wink when the flashlight is in low mode after about 4 seconds of being on])

Which is actually probably pretty true for many small scale car makers. And dyno’s are far more available than fully rated integrated spheres.

+1 on this for me. I despise blinky modes. Get rid of the blinky’s and I’ll buy 2 :slight_smile:

There’s one time having strobe is handy — when I’m a pedestrian at night in a busy city with lots of traffic.

I turn on the strobe before I step off the curb, whether I see traffic or not — because it can take longer to find the damn strobe setting than to get run over.

That’s useless if you have to go through the modes to find the strobe.

What works is having mode memory — so I can set it on strobe, cross the street, turn it off, and click at the next intersection for strobe again.

Otherwise, I never ever go into strobe.

Now if I could have mode memory, with strobe, and no stupid SOS, that’d be nice.

The ONLY light I have that works that way is the Trustfire Z-1 (their CR123 angle light).
High, Low, Strobe — and it comes back on wherever it was when switched off, no matter how long ago.

Fortunately that Z-1 head fits on the Z-2 battery tube with a li-ion 14450.

Because the damn things are unmoddable, and so far there’s nothing else like them.

I know, it’s a digression. But hey, any time a flashlight maker is listening, I want to wave that banner.
Some day, someone will sell another light that does that that way.

Strobe has probably saved my life twice crossing streets in wintertime dark rainy conditions.
Strobe … wait one … wait two … HUH? SCREEEECH!

And once I stood in the street over someone lying in a crosswalk after a hit-and-run, in those conditions — nighttime rainy commute, busy, blind drivers —-
and stopped traffic both ways until the aid crew arrived.

With one little blinky strobe light.
People would stop a block away and turn left or right to avoid driving into that strobe in the middle of the street.

Waving an ordinary flashlight wouldn’t have done anything but confuse the drivers before they hit us.

Maybe a hidden strobe? Three clicks or something to access?

Not everyday we hear about good things about strobe mode. :slight_smile:

Another alternative can be unscrewing the head by a half turn to access to different mode/mode group (strobe for instance).

I ordered one. Should be here in a couple days since I have prime. Will be interesting to see what the quality is like when it’s in hand.

I know some lights have hidden strobe, double tap the switch to access. But it’s hard to set the time between the double taps. And I don’t know why I was told the double-tap-to-access-strobe stuff can’t be made when flashlight has forward click switch.

Glad to hear. Suggestions to improve the light are welcome.

You might ask the designers why they went with an “attack bezel” — the fanged kind — instead of a smooth one.

If your AAA flashlight is the best self-defense weapon you have, you’re in sad shape (try instead clutching your keyring, one key poking out between each pair of fingers)

And if your AAA flashlight has the toothy bezel, it’s not going to be as pocket-friendly as it would be with a nice smooth face around the lens.

It makes sense. I don’t how many people hate the “attack bezel”.

Well as soon as I know the one I just ordered is reliable, I’ll be taking a file to the “attack bezel” and filing off the spikes.