Q8, PMS SEND TO THOSE WITH ISSUES BLF soda can light

I don’t want to install Chrome, create an account and sync my browser data with google only to see this pictures.

You don’t understand. Please Google first and you will see fixes for many different browsers. I said nothing about Chrome. If you have an Android device you install the fix for Android. If you use Edge then you find the fix for Edge. There is a fix for most of the browsers out there as far as I know. I haven’t looked at it too closely myself.

Keep in mind that Photobucket may change their programming codes to prevent these fixes from working at some point in the future.

Thanks for the help. I think in fiddling with it without first reading about all the modes and functions that I did something that didn’t allow me to get where I needed to be. Figured out the factory reset and now I’m getting the hang of it. Lovin’ my new light!

Actually I do understand. I won’t install any add on for security reasons - at least not for the purpose of viewing some pics.

no keen on add ons either, another thing to keep updated, can cause issues, heck I have flash disabled on my main browser.

Okay, it seemed like you thought the fix only worked on Chrome browsers. Now I understand.

I haven’t messed with these fixes myself, but I thought I’d share my findings with everyone.

Yeah I’m not too comfortable giving some unknown browser extension permission to view the contents of every website I visit. Thanks for the suggestion but I’d rather just not see the pics if that’s what’s required to view them. But if someone who’s already sent their banking info off to lord-knows-where wants to download and re-host those pics I’d be very grateful :slight_smile:

(I say that tongue-in-cheek. I know its probably safe, and I could even download the source of the add-on and check it myself. But ain’t nobody got time fo’ dat)

Hey Jasonww this off topic :frowning: but how is the city cleanup going? I know since the other hurricane the coverage is kind of pushed off the front page. I lived through 3 hurricanes and 3 tropical storms in the four years I lived in west palm beach FL but none as strong as Harvey. It was amazing how fast the vegetation recovered. The palm trees were fine in a couple of weeks. I still cannot believe how much rain fell with slow moving Harvey.

I am more worried about the equifax hack and subsequent data theft. That and how long it took for them to make it public. Oh and how some of the board members managed to sell millions of dollars of their company stock a week or so before they made the breach public

This thread is already difficult to follow. Posts not regarding the threads subject at all don’t help.

Semi off topic
Tracking and such
I just got a push notification that a AliExpress order has cleared customs.
This item:
Bottle With 2 Outlets Seasoning Bottle Glass Olive Oil Bottle
http://s.aliexpress.com/VZzq2uEV
(from AliExpress Android)
So I checked and the app tells Mr it is in London , my address is correct and of course in France.
So this means it has to travel some more.
Tracking is really really unreliable.
So people not received theirs, relax :wink:

I want to try to maybe gain some output by checking for tweaks as recommended in the first post:

I´m not exactly sure where to find that and what to look for. Does it mean I unscrew the tail cap and remove the screws and search for … what exactly? Can maybe somebody take a picture of the exact location where the “powder” could be? On the side where the springs are or on the side with the screw heads? Sorry I´m not a modder so I dont want to screw up anything…
Thanks,
K.

I love my Q8 … just an awesome light with tons of utility.
I installed my vintage ThruNIte diffuser and 1/4” “D” ring with custom lanyard.
I am very Happy … :slight_smile:
Great job.

Check the Q8 modding thread, lots of detailed pics and friendly guys knowing their stuff :wink:

You can also check Taly-ho’s post a few pages back. Open the images in a new tab and they will be full size. The image with the caption: “threads need to be cleaned” shows some powdery material in and around the screw holes after removing the tail PCB.

Hallelujah!

wowow, I just see this addon
looks very nice

I use Postimage.org … free and easy. Works great for image posting.

Would it be possible to get a code Miller? Thank you?

Wonderful, thank you and The Miller, exactly what I needed!
K.