The making of the BLF UC4 charger: the start of a new venture, INTEREST LIST, UPDATE 7 (Well, ramping stopped :/ )

I have concerns this UI will get confused when we swap chemistries. How frequently will it scan the bays and do a new detection?

K.I.S.S.

A good screen, with explicit information, helps. Menu with editable defaults, please.

I’m in for one unit.
Thank you!

Im in for one. Thanks for the project

In for one as well please :slight_smile:

How do you select such slot to configure? Or do all slots have to do the same thing at the same time?

Guys, don’t worry about it being complex.

There’s a good reason this is an 8 button UI.

2 buttons per channel, one for current control and other functions,

Absolutely interested … possibly two

Please add me to the interest list.

How about something like this?

Source: https://duragadget.com/mini-wireless-bluetooth-keyboard-for-tablets.html

That can certainly easen off any UI complications.

(✿´‿`)

Lol, really funny.

I’d absolutely love a keyboard with shortcuts directly connected to the charger via USB.

Would be absolutely awesome, but that’s a different goal for the other charger I’m currently building…

Anyway, I’ll modify the UI a bit…

UPDATE 2.1

HKJ has confirmed that he will review the charger, and do a very thorough analysis of it.

Also, a new UI.

I’m definitely interested in this project

Thanks

Right now I find this awkward. These explanations are cluttered, imho.

Also, is there a need for “storage charging mode” when you can customize the charging voltage to these values? To me, 3.92V is already fully valid for storage, there's no point going any lower. Seriously. Concerning transportation duties that's a different story, though, as the amount of contained energy matters.

I’m interested pending review.

I’m interested.

This looks interesting. Please put me down for 1.

I'm Interested.....1 pc.. include me in the list

Thank you BlueSwordM

Looks like I’m way late to this thread and I’ve only had time to read to page 17 so far.

Definitely interested in at least 1 unit.

I think it was Barkuti who mentioned many of us have old laptop adaptors which may be suitable to power this charger. Did we decide on a final PSU wattage requirement?

I know the feature request is closed but I’m curious as to whether the NiMH charge has a “break-in” option? ie. 0.1C for 16 hrs as used to revive older or little used cells.

Count me in pls