What blade did you EDC today?

/\ … Thank you for the info & link weklund… :+1:

We can’t be that bad of an influence.

I don’t see any ZT, Hinderer, or CRK knives in there. :slight_smile:

Ain’t that the truth$$$!! :money_mouth_face:

Think I got mine from Amazon as well. You can get them directly from Western Active’s site but they charge for shipping on orders less than $75. If you sign up for their email newsletter they will send you a discount code. It’s usually almost enough to cover shipping. I imagine Amazon would be the best place to get it quickly though.

Thanks for the info toddcshoe…. :+1:

Got it cheap from another forum.

!!

Kershaw Misdirect 1365!

I don't normally like the Kershaw 1300 Series, but this one is pretty good.

The 1300 series is Kershaw's inexpensive line, and they generally get bad reviews online.

This one didn't have any reviews that I could find at the time that I ordered it.

You have to press on the flipper a little hard to open the knife, but it's not a dealbreaker for me.

It's not very ergonomic compared to the rest of my Kershaw knives, but I still consider it a winner.

I have a short review of the Atmos on Multitool.org forum, not sure if it’s ok to link it here…Had it for about 1 week, mostly used it on cable ties, cardboard, plastic and paper, edge is still razor sharp, you can’t even tell it’s in your pocket, flipped it over 100 times and it only failed to open once and that might have been me pushing the flipper wrong. It’s definitely not a heavy duty knife but it’s great for what it is.

You can link to the Multitool.org forum.

Ok, thanks RC.

It should be post #324, pics are in #323, near the end of the Kershaw thread it’s not quite complete, gonna update it after another week of carry:

Teacher
“”I have been to his shop when they were forging. It is pretty neat seeing those Damascus billets being forged on those huge power hammers. Shocked . Thumbs Up””

“”“”“”HUGE”“”“Power hammers.
When I was a young one My first job was Stamping the Numbers on the still red glowing plates in rolling mills in Steel works.
Wooden clogs and steel plates with thick leather tops and steel/leather knee pads to get down on while stamping.
Head Wrighsons Foundry was there too.
Mfg’ing ships engine parts etc. AND Tanks.(Mid ’50’s)

I didn’t do it for long. Went fishing instead. Didn’t fancy the Coal mines or prison.
They were truly the 5 choices there.
Steel/Foundry/Shipyards. Prison. Mines, Fishing.
Or Army Once you were 17 yrs. Where I got a trade in REME…
Mate’s dad was a “Hammer driver. 100 (1000?)TON. and it was Smallest on the line. they went up to 5 (10) thousand tons a stroke. and the GROUND shook on every stroke with the big ones. I can’t remember the weights now.
But I know they’d bruise your toes if it landed hey.
They Hammer forged ship engine parts etc.

Arnie was a little tacker. Had box beside hammer rope
(Steam Hammers)
Stood up on box. grabbed end of rope. stepped off box.
hammer stroked.
Stood up .Rope Step off. Stroke. Stood up. etc
Every coupla seconds continuously on 8 hr shifts 7 days a week.
And Factory work isn’t boring???.
This was in mid ’50’s, and they were mfg’d in 1800’s.
Built to last, yes.
The big ones were size of a Council house

Sorry.
Back to knives again. different things bring up different memories at my age. Just sharing a few.

On the old days people was made of something else, either that or we have degenerated into something really weak and sad.
If a Dane ( viking ) from around the year 1000 came back to the country as it is today, i am pretty sure he alone would kill all out weak asses, or at least demand to be sent back right away.

Today in a repetitive manual job here you cant lift more than 20 kilos or so, probably even less, and like me if you screw that and go for it, well 20 - 30 years later you will be paying for that.
In the old days even if i was just 55 kilos, that dident mean that i could not pick up 150 kilos and move those around a little.
Today i am 110 kilos, and even without a bad back i am sure i would not be able to pick up 3 X that, not even if it was on a easy to handle / grip bar at the gym.

/\…. I think you are right sparkyDK. :+1:

Sanrenmu LAND 813 and some carbon fiber

/\ Nice!! :+1:

Wow, Alien 40th Anniversary Edition! :slight_smile: :+1: :+1:

RC you should take a little step up to ZT, you might like the flippers, designs, and blade steel a bit better. :slight_smile:

Sparky.
Another of my jobs B4 Army 17yrs old (licence)

“Coalman” Ask your grandads. In Mid/late ’50’s.
Delivering coal to homes. 20 x bags per UK ton.
2 ton trucks. 2 loads a day
Load 2 ton. OFFload 2 ton X 2. = 8 ton per day.
Whoops, Memory. Near 60 yrs ago.
Fill/ weigh Bag. Load on truck and deliver per day.
Or you gone.
2 of you. Driver and side lad.
Often to top floor flats in 10 to 12 storey buildings. NO Lift allowed. Carry up the stairs. And usually, the B’s on top floors always wanted a ton. We were fit.

Trenches for cabling. water. electric etc.
We were BEFORE Backhoes etc. Just you and your 20 mates with shovels. 3 ft, 4 ft, 6 ft deep. Usually each with a bucket of diesel. CLAY sticks to your shovel blade.
Diesel stops it, keeps blade clean and slippy.
Trench width to suit ground or contents of trench.
Start digging.

The deeper ones we stepped them so we could throw the lower section dirt onto first platform then over the top.
Trenches near twice the required width for top metre.
Did that with deeper ditches too with the excavators.

Meat delivery. fore quarters weren’t too bad. But carrying a truckload of hind quarters up a ramp into coolers wasn’t much fun. Try a 150/200lb Pig.
Sheep were two at a time (almost).
And that’s just a coupla jobs I did.
Swinging a 28lb Sledge Hammer and wedges, splitting mass concrete to load into trucks from Old roads. Factory floor slabs. Not 40 hr weeks then.
Usually a basic 50 hr week. Construction was usually 12 to 16 hr shifts unless job on 24 hr cycle.
And in ALL my yrs.
Probably due to the muscle core build up from a young age.
(I was a distance runner most of my life)
Never competitive. Just ran with a few others.
For the pleasure of it. Usually 6 days a week.
we ran a lot in the dark.
I’ve NEVER had a sore back or crook legs. Ever.

I raced in the 6 man Polynesian Outrigger canoes with the 50/60 yr old till I was 68yrs and started tearing ligaments.
I still carry 2 x 25kg bags of salt at a time,
up the 8 steps to the pool out in back yard.
Hmmm.
Just tried it. NOT any more.

When you reach mid 70’s and later. Unless you do weights regular the muscle drops off.
I’ve lost around 35/40% of my muscle mass in last 3 or 4 yrs.
It’s more round the centreline now.

Speak to your grandparents if my age and older. unless they office workers etc.
They’ll give you some really interesting story’s believe me.

Hey you older farts here.
Let these kids (60 yrs down) know what we did to live in our younger yrs.
They’d die.

I lived in UK. Canada. Sth Africa, and 5 1\2 yrs in Germany when it was WEST Deutchland.
Pointing Nuclear Missiles to the East. (47/36/22 Artillery Regiments. (REME LAD Workshops)
We never had rifles. Just 26 Nuclear Warheads under our beds for that time.
Corporals. Thunderbirds, and Honest Johns.
We can talk about it now. the silence contract we signed is outdated (50 yrs)
All the cold war problems.
It’s funny they never bothered us hey. Though ours were bigger than rifles and mobile.

I never saw any action (fighting).
Just had Bone Cancer, then several Melanoma’s for my troubles.
I saw the wire fence (’58-’61), then the Wall being built.
(’61-’63) My time there.
Before coming to this wonderful land.

Back to torches.

My Spyderco Military, Endura, Emerson CQC-12, CRK&T Obake, and a Wilmont Knives K25.

Thank you guys. What I like the most is that it carries well with 84g instead of 108g

It’s a bearing-less construction with 2 washers per side, they should make a version with a G10 front scale version, too.

There you see a w-i-p shot with a joint piece for an orthosis. It’s Ti and I bet it would make a nice little prybar.
It will be my piece of practice to grind a rock pattern, I’m already wondering how that Ti2 will react to anodisation.