Best Convoy Thrower?

94 posts / 0 new
Last post

Pages

easyshades
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 6 days ago
Joined: 06/09/2021 - 06:00
Posts: 96
Location: Australia
Best Convoy Thrower?

I’ve been searching for a good thrower for the past 3 days down the rabbit hole.

where do i start, how do i start, lets say best thrower Mid range, Best Thrower High range. which is which?

As far as diodes how do these compare:
SBT90.2
FC40
Osram KW.CULPM1.TG
OSRAM KW CSLNM1.TG

and now the Flashlights themselves Tired as far as sizes i know the bigger L7 gives longer range? and higher battery life, better thermals? correct?

Convoy L7
Convoy L6 FC40
Convoy 4×18a
Convoy 3×21a
Convoy L21A – L21B – L21C
Convoy C8+ Osram

honourable mention: astrolux FT03, how does it stack up?

Edited by: easyshades on 07/02/2021 - 23:56
chadvone
chadvone's picture
Offline
Last seen: 40 min 39 sec ago
Joined: 08/28/2015 - 23:48
Posts: 2000
Location: Iowa

Smallest led\biggest reflector usually has most throw. Scroll down for exceptions.

easyshades
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 6 days ago
Joined: 06/09/2021 - 06:00
Posts: 96
Location: Australia

chadvone wrote:
Smallest led\biggest reflector usually has most throw. Scroll down for exceptions.

I see, so the L21A is the one as far as biggest head, which is the smaller diode? and its advantages and disadvantages?
im just looking to add a thrower to my current collection convoy M3c and sc321pro EDC. however this new Convoy 3×21a triple light variant got me thinking would it have more light (flood) and less range due to smaller reflector? or would the high throw fc40 diode balance it out?
chadvone
chadvone's picture
Offline
Last seen: 40 min 39 sec ago
Joined: 08/28/2015 - 23:48
Posts: 2000
Location: Iowa

What are you using your light for?

The Convoy C8+ Osram could possible meet all your needs. I’d say a good start. Are you buying or building? Budget?

YOU were right about the rabbit hole. LOL

Youtube Convoy C8+ Osram by throwhound

EDIT check out his other videos

ArtieT59
ArtieT59's picture
Offline
Last seen: 23 min 16 sec ago
Joined: 02/25/2020 - 17:55
Posts: 2979
Location: CT, USA

chadvone wrote:
What are you using your light for? The Convoy C8+ Osram could possible meet all your needs. I'd say a good start. Are you buying or building? Budget? YOU were right about the rabbit hole. LOL Youtube Convoy C8+ Osram by throwhound EDIT check out his other videos

+1 for this^ what is your goal? Just to have a thrower? Then I would start with the C8+ with osram, cslnm1 and then you will have an exceptional, inexpensive thrower to help determine what you like /dislike. 

cslnm1 is smaller than CULPM1 , cslnm1 throws further, but less bright, theoretically less heat too. That's debatable.

 

Both of these osrams are smaller leds than the sbt90, so they have much less lumens and do not throw much further though. Reason why sbt90 is so expensive, it throws like and osram with lumens like an xhp50.

 

of everything you mentioned, for a first thrower m I'd go C8 with osram or L21a with osram, or sbt90 4x18a. 
 My first "thrower" Was ft03 with xhp50. I still think it's a great contender. 

there's a lot to learn, kindve. I'd say spend less, see what you like (pencil beam & more throw, wide spill and less throw, or both and pay $50-$100 more for sbt90), and buy accordingly. Lol

 

Happy deal hunting! Feel free to ask more!

[FLF] Five Light Friday https://budgetlightforum.com/node/78749

Check out some of my new lights (picture heavy) and quick first impressions of them here: https://budgetlightforum.com/node/77180

My Sft40 beamshots / comparison thread: https://budgetlightforum.com/node/78100

easyshades
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 6 days ago
Joined: 06/09/2021 - 06:00
Posts: 96
Location: Australia

chadvone wrote:
What are you using your light for?

The Convoy C8+ Osram could possible meet all your needs. I’d say a good start. Are you buying or building? Budget?

YOU were right about the rabbit hole. LOL

Youtube Convoy C8+ Osram by throwhound

EDIT check out his other videos


buy only, no build for me atm
preferably USB rechargeable, I know most of convoy are not, accept for the newer models. budget under $75 with battery/s
easyshades
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 6 days ago
Joined: 06/09/2021 - 06:00
Posts: 96
Location: Australia
ArtieT59 wrote:

chadvone wrote:
What are you using your light for? The Convoy C8+ Osram could possible meet all your needs. I’d say a good start. Are you buying or building? Budget? YOU were right about the rabbit hole. LOL Youtube Convoy C8+ Osram by throwhound EDIT check out his other videos

1 for this^ what is your goal? Just to have a thrower? Then I would start with the C8 with osram, cslnm1 and then you will have an exceptional, inexpensive thrower to help determine what you like /dislike. 


cslnm1 is smaller than CULPM1 , cslnm1 throws further, but less bright, theoretically less heat too. That’s debatable.


 


Both of these osrams are smaller leds than the sbt90, so they have much less lumens and do not throw much further though. Reason why sbt90 is so expensive, it throws like and osram with lumens like an xhp50.


 


of everything you mentioned, for a first thrower m I’d go C8 with osram or L21a with osram, or sbt90 4×18a. 
 My first “thrower” Was ft03 with xhp50. I still think it’s a great contender. 


there’s a lot to learn, kindve. I’d say spend less, see what you like (pencil beam & more throw, wide spill and less throw, or both and pay $50-$100 more for sbt90), and buy accordingly. Lol


 


Happy deal hunting! Feel free to ask more!

interesting, yeh initially I was tossing up between those two you mentioned, c8+ osram vs l21a osram and what the difference is. but than I read there is a new L21b which is better? i also wonder if convoy would produce the awesome new usb-c charging Convoy 3×21a is 3x osrams? lol right now they have it in sft40 diode. how does sft40 compare to the osrams?

you did say if I wanted throw and a wider spill to go for sbt90 but doesn’t the 3×21a kinda fill that gap of offering 1029m range plus the spill of 3x lights? without the overheating and bad battery life of an sbt90, sweet spot I’m guessing, correct me if I’m wrong

ShyOne
ShyOne's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 weeks 5 days ago
Joined: 08/08/2019 - 23:23
Posts: 388
Location: Cortez, FL Cuchara, CO Homeport..AL

I highly recommended the Convoy C8+ with the Osram KW CSLNM1.TG emitter.

THIS ONE …. It is a very well made, no frills workhorse.

It DOES NOT have USB Charging. But personally… to me that is a benefit. No problems with waterproofing & just one less thing to go wrong.

So, if you think you can live without USB charging, the C8+ with Osram mentioned is a no-brainer my friend.

Oh yeah, I have a bunch of different “throwers” of all different sizes. This C8+ with the LED mentioned above has my attention… big time.

And the price is amazing too. VERY reasonable. ✅

easyshades
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 6 days ago
Joined: 06/09/2021 - 06:00
Posts: 96
Location: Australia

ShyOne wrote:
I highly recommended the Convoy C8+ with the Osram KW CSLNM1.TG emitter.

THIS ONE …. It is a very well made, no frills workhorse.

It DOES NOT have USB Charging. But personally… to me that is a benefit. No problems with waterproofing & just one less thing to go wrong.

So, if you think you can live without USB charging, the C8+ with Osram mentioned is a no-brainer my friend.

Oh yeah, I have a bunch of different “throwers” of all different sizes. This C8+ with the LED mentioned above has my attention… big time.

And the price is amazing too. VERY reasonable. ✅

that means picking up a charger, and opening the light up everytime and charging battery, doesn’t that mess up the cap threads overtime or atleast loosen it up? USB-c just seems so much more convenient you can even charge it in the car on the go without taking out the battery. lets just say for a second I forget the usb charging thing.

what’s the difference between these two KW CSLNM1.TG vs KW CULPM1.TG
,and the L21A with KW CULPM1.TG 8A driver for 21 dollars more, is it worth it?

Funtastic
Funtastic's picture
Offline
Last seen: 11 hours 14 min ago
Joined: 06/26/2014 - 02:14
Posts: 2107
Location: New Zealand

ArtieT59 wrote:
cslnm1 is smaller than CULPM1 , cslnm1 throws further, but less bright, theoretically less heat too. That's debatable.

 

The CSLNM1 is "brighter" than the CULPM1. Even though it's less lumens it still has more range which means the NM1 is brighter or more intense at any given range. The PM1 has just got a wider beam. Lumens mean very little without also looking at he range spec

Texas Ace Lumen Tube calibrated with maukka lights

New Zealand store – https://www.piercingthedarkness.co.nz (NZ customers only)

YouTube channel – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIUWi2vYp4CWrRkOJM70t_w/videos (Demos for my customers, and reviews)

Funtastic
Funtastic's picture
Offline
Last seen: 11 hours 14 min ago
Joined: 06/26/2014 - 02:14
Posts: 2107
Location: New Zealand

Wait for the L21B with adjusted focus for the Osram LEDs. This shouldn’t be too far away.

I’ve tuned the focus myself for all my NZ customers and I get 1,500m with the CSLNM1, and 1,350 using the CULPM1. If you go for the green CSLNM1 I get 1,700m

Texas Ace Lumen Tube calibrated with maukka lights

New Zealand store – https://www.piercingthedarkness.co.nz (NZ customers only)

YouTube channel – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIUWi2vYp4CWrRkOJM70t_w/videos (Demos for my customers, and reviews)

easyshades
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 6 days ago
Joined: 06/09/2021 - 06:00
Posts: 96
Location: Australia

Funtastic wrote:

ArtieT59 wrote:
cslnm1 is smaller than CULPM1 , cslnm1 throws further, but less bright, theoretically less heat too. That’s debatable.

 


The CSLNM1 is “brighter” than the CULPM1. Even though it’s less lumens it still has more range which means the NM1 is brighter or more intense at any given range. The PM1 has just got a wider beam. Lumens mean very little without also looking at he range spec


wider beam you say, would be nice to find a side by side picture of video to get a visual understanding of the difference.
easyshades
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 6 days ago
Joined: 06/09/2021 - 06:00
Posts: 96
Location: Australia

Funtastic wrote:
Wait for the L21B with adjusted focus for the Osram LEDs. This shouldn’t be too far away.

I’ve tuned the focus myself for all my NZ customers and I get 1,500m with the CSLNM1, and 1,350 using the CULPM1. If you go for the green CSLNM1 I get 1,700m


l21b sounds interesting, but why does it look so ahhh plain? not having those ridges would it heat up faster than the l21a?
Funtastic
Funtastic's picture
Offline
Last seen: 11 hours 14 min ago
Joined: 06/26/2014 - 02:14
Posts: 2107
Location: New Zealand

If you wait a couple days I’ll have my demo up of the C8+ cslnm1, L21B cslnm1 & culpm1

Texas Ace Lumen Tube calibrated with maukka lights

New Zealand store – https://www.piercingthedarkness.co.nz (NZ customers only)

YouTube channel – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIUWi2vYp4CWrRkOJM70t_w/videos (Demos for my customers, and reviews)

Funtastic
Funtastic's picture
Offline
Last seen: 11 hours 14 min ago
Joined: 06/26/2014 - 02:14
Posts: 2107
Location: New Zealand

easyshades wrote:
Funtastic wrote:
Wait for the L21B with adjusted focus for the Osram LEDs. This shouldn’t be too far away.

I’ve tuned the focus myself for all my NZ customers and I get 1,500m with the CSLNM1, and 1,350 using the CULPM1. If you go for the green CSLNM1 I get 1,700m


l21b sounds interesting, but why does it look so ahhh plain? not having those ridges would it heat up faster than the l21a?

The L21B was made for the purpose of hunting at my request. It needs to be able to mount on a rifle, the L21A is far too bulky. The L21A with cslnm1 is out of focus and peaks at 1,300m, but with the culpm1 it’s okay at 1,325m

Texas Ace Lumen Tube calibrated with maukka lights

New Zealand store – https://www.piercingthedarkness.co.nz (NZ customers only)

YouTube channel – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIUWi2vYp4CWrRkOJM70t_w/videos (Demos for my customers, and reviews)

ShyOne
ShyOne's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 weeks 5 days ago
Joined: 08/08/2019 - 23:23
Posts: 388
Location: Cortez, FL Cuchara, CO Homeport..AL

Funtastic wrote:
If you wait a couple days I’ll have my demo up of the C8+ cslnm1, L21B cslnm1 & culpm1
Looking forward to that, thanks for the heads up. ✅
stephenk
stephenk's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 35 min ago
Joined: 01/30/2016 - 05:09
Posts: 1802
Location: Australia

easyshades wrote:
ShyOne wrote:
I highly recommended the Convoy C8+ with the Osram KW CSLNM1.TG emitter.

THIS ONE …. It is a very well made, no frills workhorse.

It DOES NOT have USB Charging. But personally… to me that is a benefit. No problems with waterproofing & just one less thing to go wrong.

So, if you think you can live without USB charging, the C8+ with Osram mentioned is a no-brainer my friend.

Oh yeah, I have a bunch of different “throwers” of all different sizes. This C8+ with the LED mentioned above has my attention… big time.

And the price is amazing too. VERY reasonable. ✅

that means picking up a charger, and opening the light up everytime and charging battery, doesn’t that mess up the cap threads overtime or atleast loosen it up? USB-c just seems so much more convenient you can even charge it in the car on the go without taking out the battery. lets just say for a second I forget the usb charging thing.

what’s the difference between these two KW CSLNM1.TG vs KW CULPM1.TG
,and the L21A with KW CULPM1.TG 8A driver for 21 dollars more, is it worth it?


I prefer to use dedicated chargers so that you can keep an eye on battery voltage and internal resistance. The C8+ with CSLNM1.TG option is extremely good value for money.
easyshades
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 6 days ago
Joined: 06/09/2021 - 06:00
Posts: 96
Location: Australia

Funtastic wrote:
If you wait a couple days I’ll have my demo up of the C8+ cslnm1, L21B cslnm1 & culpm1

thanks mate looking forward to that comparison
ShyOne
ShyOne's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 weeks 5 days ago
Joined: 08/08/2019 - 23:23
Posts: 388
Location: Cortez, FL Cuchara, CO Homeport..AL

easyshades wrote:
that means picking up a charger, and opening the light up everytime and charging battery, doesn’t that mess up the cap threads overtime or atleast loosen it up? USB-c just seems so much more convenient you can even charge it in the car on the go without taking out the battery. lets just say for a second I forget the usb charging thing.

what’s the difference between these two KW CSLNM1.TG vs KW CULPM1.TG
,and the L21A with KW CULPM1.TG 8A driver for 21 dollars more, is it worth it?


Well yeah, it means that.

Get a LiitoKala Lii 100 Charger, or something similiar; that is fairly low cost. It is one bay & will work just fine in your vehicle too

Yep, you have to unscrew the tail cap to remove the battery, that takes about 5 seconds.
And no, it will not “hurt” the threads. Or at least I have never had that problem.

Of course keep the threads clean & lubed, as well as the O-ring(s).

As far as the difference in those two Osram emitters, that has already been explained.

As far as the Convoy L21? models. I cannot answer that, I do not have one “yetc. Wink
Listen to what Funtastic has to say about those. He abviously know his stuff & has practical experience with them. ✅

JaredM
JaredM's picture
Online
Last seen: 8 min 32 sec ago
Joined: 10/31/2011 - 13:33
Posts: 2229
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

M2 w/ CSLNM1 >> highly recommended pocket thrower 100kcd and manageable heat

L21B w/ SFT40 >> lightweight 395kcd ~300kcd and 2000lm

C8+ or M21A are a middle ground that don’t excite me personally, but are a great value if the L21 is too large. I also prefer 21700s with >6A drivers.

easyshades
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 6 days ago
Joined: 06/09/2021 - 06:00
Posts: 96
Location: Australia

stephenk wrote:
easyshades wrote:
ShyOne wrote:
I highly recommended the Convoy C8+ with the Osram KW CSLNM1.TG emitter.

THIS ONE …. It is a very well made, no frills workhorse.

It DOES NOT have USB Charging. But personally… to me that is a benefit. No problems with waterproofing & just one less thing to go wrong.

So, if you think you can live without USB charging, the C8+ with Osram mentioned is a no-brainer my friend.

Oh yeah, I have a bunch of different “throwers” of all different sizes. This C8+ with the LED mentioned above has my attention… big time.

And the price is amazing too. VERY reasonable. ✅

that means picking up a charger, and opening the light up everytime and charging battery, doesn’t that mess up the cap threads overtime or atleast loosen it up? USB-c just seems so much more convenient you can even charge it in the car on the go without taking out the battery. lets just say for a second I forget the usb charging thing.

what’s the difference between these two KW CSLNM1.TG vs KW CULPM1.TG
,and the L21A with KW CULPM1.TG 8A driver for 21 dollars more, is it worth it?


I prefer to use dedicated chargers so that you can keep an eye on battery voltage and internal resistance. The C8+ with CSLNM1.TG option is extremely good value for money.

yeh that seems to be the most recommended, however ill wait for the comparison by Funtastic. btw why is everyone recommending the c8+ is it due to the law of diminishing returns going with the l21a nearly twice the price with not much gains?

easyshades
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 6 days ago
Joined: 06/09/2021 - 06:00
Posts: 96
Location: Australia

JaredM wrote:
M2 w/ CSLNM1 >> highly recommended pocket thrower 100kcd and manageable heat

L21B w/ SFT40 >> lightweight 395kcd and 2000lm

C8+ or M21A are a middle ground that don’t excite me personally, but are a great value if the L21 is too large. I also prefer 21700s with >6A drivers.

I wish there would be some video review on the 3×21a that thing has a 1029m range, and I’m imagining the spill to be pretty good given the 3x sft40 combination? not to mention the long battery life. USB-C charging? what’s not to like? I know its a little more expensive than the other two (c8+ and L21a/b) but damn its ticking all the boxes. but I wont buy until I see some proper reviews and beam shots comparisons, too bad there aren’t any yet..

ArtieT59
ArtieT59's picture
Offline
Last seen: 23 min 16 sec ago
Joined: 02/25/2020 - 17:55
Posts: 2979
Location: CT, USA

easyshades wrote:
 interesting, yeh initially I was tossing up between those two you mentioned, c8+ osram vs l21a osram and what the difference is. but than I read there is a new L21b which is better? i also wonder if convoy would produce the awesome new usb-c charging Convoy 3×21a is 3x osrams? lol right now they have it in sft40 diode. how does sft40 compare to the osrams?

Like Funtastic said, the CSLNM1 osram is more intense, which makes it appear brighter (at the hotspot in the middle of the beam), but the spill of the CULPM1 is brighter allowing you to see more around the hotspot and theoretically lets you see more field of vision in front of you, not just really far down range / in one small concentrated spot near you.

 

The 3x21a or 4x18a with (3) osrams would be awesome, and is a modification i am acutally going to do to a different 4 x emitter light, i think it would be cool. It would throw further than the sft40 3x21a, but in my opinion the beam color and quality may not be as good. it is hard to tell with those multi reflector lights until you have them in hand how good the Beam quality is with any given LED. 

 

easyshades wrote:
 you did say if I wanted throw and a wider spill to go for sbt90 but doesn't the 3x21a kinda fill that gap of offering 1029m range plus the spill of 3x lights? without the overheating and bad battery life of an sbt90, sweet spot I'm guessing, correct me if I'm wrong . 

This light will get very hot, hotter than the single sbt90 light or at least just as hot ( i think the 3x21 is listed at running at 17.8 amps, and Simon said his sbt90.2 driver is an 18amp driver) so they may be very similar, but the 3x21a i dont think would run noticeably less hot. Also, the battery life ( if both are same configuration) would probably be similar because their both running drivers with similar amp output, so one shouldn't be much better than the other here either. The 3x21a is putting out a lot of output, it will be noticeably brighter than the sbt90, and have larger spill, but the 3x21a will not throw as far (a triple reflector light throws around 20% less than the equivalent led in a single reflector light, i think i read somewhere form U/TomE). so the 3x21a could fill the gap between the single osrams or sft40 light and the sbt90 light, but in reality in some ways it surpasses the sbt90 light. 

 

I think you just need to remian focused on what your goal is for this light -

portable?

bright "spill"?

long range ?

long range and bright "spill"?

1 battery or more than 1 battery?

internal charging?

 

brings me back to this - if you dont need charging then get the C8+ with cslnm1 (price vs performance = this is a winner, as other shave said). if you do want charging get the 3x21a or 4x18a (either triple LED or sbt90, respectively - they will be similar enough in output, throw, and awesome performers, with differences i mentioned above). The L21a is awesome, but heavy and the tradeoff in weight probably isn't worth the loss of portability you get with the C8+, if portability is important to you. this is where the L21b may be a good compromise - lighter than L21a, better throw than C8+, but with performance close to L21a and weight closer to C8+ than to L21a. its just kidn've.. blah looking. lol

[FLF] Five Light Friday https://budgetlightforum.com/node/78749

Check out some of my new lights (picture heavy) and quick first impressions of them here: https://budgetlightforum.com/node/77180

My Sft40 beamshots / comparison thread: https://budgetlightforum.com/node/78100

easyshades
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 6 days ago
Joined: 06/09/2021 - 06:00
Posts: 96
Location: Australia
ArtieT59 wrote:

easyshades wrote:
 interesting, yeh initially I was tossing up between those two you mentioned, c8+ osram vs l21a osram and what the difference is. but than I read there is a new L21b which is better? i also wonder if convoy would produce the awesome new usb-c charging Convoy 3×21a is 3x osrams? lol right now they have it in sft40 diode. how does sft40 compare to the osrams?

Like Funtastic said, the CSLNM1 osram is more intense, which makes it appear brighter (at the hotspot in the middle of the beam), but the spill of the CULPM1 is brighter allowing you to see more around the hotspot and theoretically lets you see more field of vision in front of you, not just really far down range / in one small concentrated spot near you.


 


The 3×21a or 4×18a with (3) osrams would be awesome, and is a modification i am acutally going to do to a different 4 x emitter light, i think it would be cool. It would throw further than the sft40 3×21a, but in my opinion the beam color and quality may not be as good. it is hard to tell with those multi reflector lights until you have them in hand how good the Beam quality is with any given LED


 


easyshades wrote:
 you did say if I wanted throw and a wider spill to go for sbt90 but doesn’t the 3×21a kinda fill that gap of offering 1029m range plus the spill of 3x lights? without the overheating and bad battery life of an sbt90, sweet spot I’m guessing, correct me if I’m wrong . 

This light will get very hot, hotter than the single sbt90 light or at least just as hot ( i think the 3×21 is listed at running at 17.8 amps, and Simon said his sbt90.2 driver is an 18amp driver) so they may be very similar, but the 3×21a i dont think would run noticeably less hot. Also, the battery life ( if both are same configuration) would probably be similar because their both running drivers with similar amp output, so one shouldn’t be much better than the other here either. The 3×21a is putting out a lot of output, it will be noticeably brighter than the sbt90, and have larger spill, but the 3×21a will not throw as far (a triple reflector light throws around 20% less than the equivalent led in a single reflector light, i think i read somewhere form U/TomE). so the 3×21a could fill the gap between the single osrams or sft40 light and the sbt90 light, but in reality in some ways it surpasses the sbt90 light. 


 


I think you just need to remian focused on what your goal is for this light -


portable?


bright “spill”?


long range ?


long range and bright “spill”?


1 battery or more than 1 battery?


internal charging?


 


brings me back to this – if you dont need charging then get the C8+ with cslnm1 (price vs performance = this is a winner, as other shave said). if you do want charging get the 3×21a or 4×18a (either triple LED or sbt90, respectively – they will be similar enough in output, throw, and awesome performers, with differences i mentioned above). The L21a is awesome, but heavy and the tradeoff in weight probably isn’t worth the loss of portability you get with the C8+, if portability is important to you. this is where the L21b may be a good compromise – lighter than L21a, better throw than C8+, but with performance close to L21a and weight closer to C8+ than to L21a. its just kidn’ve.. blah looking. lol

you know I figured I just buy a charger already, I just bought the LiitoKala Lii-402 6.5 usd delivered. now the USB thing is no longer an issue.

“but in reality in some ways it surpasses the sbt90 light.” TRUE lol

portable? well lets just say not an L7 anything below that is ok like l21a or any soda can style light.

bright “spill”? why not, at no compromise to range ofcourse

long range ? hell yeh

long range and bright “spill”? hell yeh

1 battery or more than 1 battery? 1 battery or the more the better

internal charging? now no longer an issue i just bought a charger, although it would be nice to have still

CR888
Offline
Last seen: 2 weeks 4 days ago
Joined: 01/13/2021 - 08:31
Posts: 335
Location: Australia

Funtastic wrote:
If you wait a couple days I’ll have my demo up of the C8+ cslnm1, L21B cslnm1 & culpm1

I actually really liked that green LED you did in a video, worked suprisingly well against a natural background of grass, tress etc. Im waiting for Simon to fix the focus issue and will definately get at least one light with the green Osram. Very underrated LED IMO.

CR888

ShyOne
ShyOne's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 weeks 5 days ago
Joined: 08/08/2019 - 23:23
Posts: 388
Location: Cortez, FL Cuchara, CO Homeport..AL

CR888 wrote:
Funtastic wrote:
If you wait a couple days I’ll have my demo up of the C8+ cslnm1, L21B cslnm1 & culpm1

I actually really liked that green LED you did in a video, worked suprisingly well against a natural background of grass, tress etc. Im waiting for Simon to fix the focus issue and will definately get at least one light with the green Osram. Very underrated LED IMO.

How can I find the video about the Green Led??

TIA. ✅

easyshades
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 6 days ago
Joined: 06/09/2021 - 06:00
Posts: 96
Location: Australia

im gonna wait for the comparison shot of the L21B as the small single cell battery size of the 18650 in c8+ is a turn off

Funtastic
Funtastic's picture
Offline
Last seen: 11 hours 14 min ago
Joined: 06/26/2014 - 02:14
Posts: 2107
Location: New Zealand

ShyOne wrote:

How can I find the video about the Green Led??

TIA. ✅

By using your finger and clicking on my channel in my signature Silly

Texas Ace Lumen Tube calibrated with maukka lights

New Zealand store – https://www.piercingthedarkness.co.nz (NZ customers only)

YouTube channel – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIUWi2vYp4CWrRkOJM70t_w/videos (Demos for my customers, and reviews)

stephenk
stephenk's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 35 min ago
Joined: 01/30/2016 - 05:09
Posts: 1802
Location: Australia

ShyOne wrote:
easyshades wrote:
that means picking up a charger, and opening the light up everytime and charging battery, doesn’t that mess up the cap threads overtime or atleast loosen it up? USB-c just seems so much more convenient you can even charge it in the car on the go without taking out the battery. lets just say for a second I forget the usb charging thing.

what’s the difference between these two KW CSLNM1.TG vs KW CULPM1.TG
,and the L21A with KW CULPM1.TG 8A driver for 21 dollars more, is it worth it?


Well yeah, it means that.

Get a LiitoKala Lii 100 Charger, or something similiar; that is fairly low cost. It is one bay & will work just fine in your vehicle too

Yep, you have to unscrew the tail cap to remove the battery, that takes about 5 seconds.
And no, it will not “hurt” the threads. Or at least I have never had that problem.

Of course keep the threads clean & lubed, as well as the O-ring(s).

As far as the difference in those two Osram emitters, that has already been explained.

As far as the Convoy L21? models. I cannot answer that, I do not have one “yetc. Wink
Listen to what Funtastic has to say about those. He abviously know his stuff & has practical experience with them. ✅

Given that I expect the OP will buy more flashlights in the near future, I would recommend the Vapcell S4 Plus.

ShyOne
ShyOne's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 weeks 5 days ago
Joined: 08/08/2019 - 23:23
Posts: 388
Location: Cortez, FL Cuchara, CO Homeport..AL

stephenk wrote:
ShyOne wrote:
easyshades wrote:
that means picking up a charger, and opening the light up everytime and charging battery, doesn’t that mess up the cap threads overtime or atleast loosen it up? USB-c just seems so much more convenient you can even charge it in the car on the go without taking out the battery. lets just say for a second I forget the usb charging thing.

what’s the difference between these two KW CSLNM1.TG vs KW CULPM1.TG
,and the L21A with KW CULPM1.TG 8A driver for 21 dollars more, is it worth it?


Well yeah, it means that.

Get a LiitoKala Lii 100 Charger, or something similiar; that is fairly low cost. It is one bay & will work just fine in your vehicle too

Yep, you have to unscrew the tail cap to remove the battery, that takes about 5 seconds.
And no, it will not “hurt” the threads. Or at least I have never had that problem.

Of course keep the threads clean & lubed, as well as the O-ring(s).

As far as the difference in those two Osram emitters, that has already been explained.

As far as the Convoy L21? models. I cannot answer that, I do not have one “yetc. Wink
Listen to what Funtastic has to say about those. He abviously know his stuff & has practical experience with them. ✅

Given that I expect the OP will buy more flashlights in the near future, I would recommend the Vapcell S4 Plus.

Well yeah, I agree; a larger & more sophisticated charger would be much better.
BUT, since it seemed buying a charger was either a financial burden OR a possible traumatic experience for him…. I elected to start him out slow when I made that suggestion. Wink Innocent
ShyOne
ShyOne's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 weeks 5 days ago
Joined: 08/08/2019 - 23:23
Posts: 388
Location: Cortez, FL Cuchara, CO Homeport..AL

Funtastic wrote:
ShyOne wrote:

How can I find the video about the Green Led??

TIA. ✅

By using your finger and clicking on my channel in my signature Silly

Facepalm FacepalmDuuhh, well yeah… that should do it!!! Thumbs Up Big Smile

My bad & thank you!! Thumbs Up Beer

Pages