Banggood selling fake Nitecore charger? confirmed by Nitecore's website, if it's working.

181 posts / 0 new
Last post
bugsy36
bugsy36's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 months 1 week ago
Joined: 07/11/2014 - 18:15
Posts: 2475
Location: Florida USA

 

Online validation is a sham. I have several Nitecore chargers from Banggood and CalvinIS. All are genuine.

It's the simple things that we take for granted that cost us the most

Ευκαιρία λέει πιάσε με από το μέτωπο γιατί μόλις έχω περάσει δεν θα με πιάσειs

DanielM
DanielM's picture
Offline
Last seen: 10 months 2 days ago
Joined: 05/09/2014 - 01:31
Posts: 1804
Location: Romania

Title should be “Nitecore validation system is crap”.

Old-Lumens wrote:
I love modding, but I don't have much use at all for flashlights in general.
ChibiM
ChibiM's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 6 hours ago
Joined: 05/09/2011 - 10:25
Posts: 6832
Location: Holland

I agree, the title is very misleading! 

Trevi_lux
Trevi_lux's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 7 months ago
Joined: 09/04/2012 - 10:52
Posts: 2296
Location: Spain

Yes,I think the tittle should be edited.

marcl
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 3 weeks ago
Joined: 01/30/2012 - 09:02
Posts: 1780
Location: United Kingdom

Muto wrote:
Your thread listing is misleading, it makes it sound like you have had confirmation by Nitecore that this charger is Fake, but then I read through the thread and it seems that all you got was an automated response.

To call out BangGood without being 100% positive of this is not wise.
Just because the guys NiMh batteries got hot does not make the charger defective. Maybe the batteries have issues.
Maybe the charger does not like the resistance of the batteries.

The guy who says he had hot batteries did not note voltage readings, just stated the issue with the “code”
Too little solid info at this junction IMHO to call out the dogs.
Thanks,

Keith

Hi Keith, l bought my charger from BG, when I entered my code, first time, it told me the code had been verified and was invalid. It was then that I changed the title of my thread.
The thread is not misleading at all! It is also quite serious especially if people are getting very hot cells from their chargers that then turn out to be fakes.

Marc.

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines!

marcl
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 3 weeks ago
Joined: 01/30/2012 - 09:02
Posts: 1780
Location: United Kingdom

For all those who say the validation system is crap, It may well be, it looks like it. But what worries me more is than no has mentioned it, meaning, I guess, that no one has checked. Which also renders the system pretty useless.

@banggood, may I suggest you contact Nitecore immediately for a response or some kind of explanation.

Marc.

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines!

bugsy36
bugsy36's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 months 1 week ago
Joined: 07/11/2014 - 18:15
Posts: 2475
Location: Florida USA

 

@Marcl - I have an email to Sysmax about this so that they can respond directly. I do have to agree with others here that the phrasing of your title is just wrong without having an actual conversation with Sysmax. You should change it until you get actual confirmation from Sysmax - it is afterall only proper etiquette.

FYI - Their validation system does NOT work with any of their D-series and only some of the I-series 2014's. As I have stated before, I have several. To me it is pointless if the charger is working properly. If you think your charger is not working properly then that too requires an email to Sysmax.

It's the simple things that we take for granted that cost us the most

Ευκαιρία λέει πιάσε με από το μέτωπο γιατί μόλις έχω περάσει δεν θα με πιάσειs

marcl
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 3 weeks ago
Joined: 01/30/2012 - 09:02
Posts: 1780
Location: United Kingdom

@ I will change the title. But you have to understand when a company like Nitecore set up a system like that, I use the system to check my product, to be told the code is invalid, at the first time of entering. To that is conformation from Nitecore afterall it’s their website. I felt I was right to post here in such a way.

Marc.

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines!

Ejected Filament
Ejected Filament's picture
Offline
Last seen: 11 months 2 days ago
Joined: 12/03/2013 - 04:29
Posts: 2343
Location: Qld, Australia

Mikk0 wrote:
Tested my i2 2014 from bangood. I punched in the code but got no response at first, so I entered spaces between number like they are printed to sticker and hit enter again. At the same time I hit enter key, I saw that the response was received and the code was valid. And then it started to process my new command because I’ve already hit “enter” and said that the number with spaces is incorrect (as suspected). Next time I tried the original number, I got response “The code has been verified at 25-02-2015 02:02 and it is invalid. …. Thank you.”

It seems that the system only check if the code has been used before.

Btw, I have a “nitecore” logo on my EU lead as well.


This is how XTARs works. If the fake has a legit number, and is verified prior to the genuine item, the fake will appear to the buyer as legit, and the genuine item will appear as invalid. I would assume the key is that the numbers are not consecutive, and therefore it would be less likely a number used by fakes would be unused, or in the XTAR/NITECORE system as a released number.

Its unlikely they use consecutive numbers, or that every possible number is in their system. A block of numbers, however selected, would be released with stock and the stickers applied to them. No other unused numbers would exist in the system. I could be wrong though.

Banggood may or may not be selling fakes. It could be someone has predicted some numbers and Banggood just happens to be selling the legit unit. Again, I could be wrong though.

Ejected Filament
Ejected Filament's picture
Offline
Last seen: 11 months 2 days ago
Joined: 12/03/2013 - 04:29
Posts: 2343
Location: Qld, Australia

RichardinNC wrote:
“The code has been verified at 25-02-2015 01:02 and it is invalid.”

This D4 was purchased thru Amazon. The packaging and charger look so good it’s hard to believe it might be a fake.
Do the counterfeit items usually look that good?

Forgot to note the voltage.

Thanks

Edit: This is the vendor – Sold by Join You and Fulfilled by Amazon.


without being able to identify circuit components and engineering like layout etc, it might be near impossible to tell them apart with some fakes. Others will stand out… Depends how committed people are. Worth noting there are definite fakes that are almost as good as the originals round here but a lot cheaper, generally they are referred to as clones.
marcl
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 3 weeks ago
Joined: 01/30/2012 - 09:02
Posts: 1780
Location: United Kingdom

Ejected Filament wrote:
Mikk0 wrote:
Tested my i2 2014 from bangood. I punched in the code but got no response at first, so I entered spaces between number like they are printed to sticker and hit enter again. At the same time I hit enter key, I saw that the response was received and the code was valid. And then it started to process my new command because I’ve already hit “enter” and said that the number with spaces is incorrect (as suspected). Next time I tried the original number, I got response “The code has been verified at 25-02-2015 02:02 and it is invalid. …. Thank you.”

It seems that the system only check if the code has been used before.

Btw, I have a “nitecore” logo on my EU lead as well.


This is how XTARs works. If the fake has a legit number, and is verified prior to the genuine item, the fake will appear to the buyer as legit, and the genuine item will appear as invalid. I would assume the key is that the numbers are not consecutive, and therefore it would be less likely a number used by fakes would be unused, or in the XTAR/NITECORE system as a released number.

Its unlikely they use consecutive numbers, or that every possible number is in their system. A block of numbers, however selected, would be released with stock and the stickers applied to them. No other unused numbers would exist in the system. I could be wrong though.

Banggood may or may not be selling fakes. It could be someone has predicted some numbers and Banggood just happens to be selling the legit unit. Again, I could be wrong though.

So the only thing we can deduce is that whilst the chargers maybe fake, the numbers are genuine. :bigsmile:

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines!

Ejected Filament
Ejected Filament's picture
Offline
Last seen: 11 months 2 days ago
Joined: 12/03/2013 - 04:29
Posts: 2343
Location: Qld, Australia

marcl wrote:

So the only thing we can deduce is that whilst the chargers maybe fake, the numbers are genuine. :bigsmile:

LOL pretty much sums it up.
my9221
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 59 min ago
Joined: 07/26/2011 - 02:18
Posts: 872
Location: United States
bugsy36 wrote:

 

@Marcl – I have an email to Sysmax about this so that they can respond directly. I do have to agree with others here that the phrasing of your title is just wrong without having an actual conversation with Sysmax. You should change it until you get actual confirmation from Sysmax – it is afterall only proper etiquette.

FYI – Their validation system does NOT work with any of their D-series and only some of the I-series 2014’s. As I have stated before, I have several. To me it is pointless if the charger is working properly. If you think your charger is not working properly then that too requires an email to Sysmax.

I agree!

Halo...
Halo...'s picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 years 5 months ago
Joined: 12/15/2011 - 02:39
Posts: 3304
Location: Halo island

How many digits is a nitecore validation number? Numeric only (only numbers, no letters)?

marcl
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 3 weeks ago
Joined: 01/30/2012 - 09:02
Posts: 1780
Location: United Kingdom
Halo… wrote:
How many digits is a nitecore validation number? Numeric only (only numbers, no letters)?

16 I think, no letters.

Marc.

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines!

Ormbett
Ormbett's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 4 days ago
Joined: 02/26/2015 - 09:55
Posts: 1245
Location: Sweden
bugsy36 wrote:

 

@Marcl – I have an email to Sysmax about this so that they can respond directly.

@bugsy36 – Any response from Sysmax yet?

bugsy36
bugsy36's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 months 1 week ago
Joined: 07/11/2014 - 18:15
Posts: 2475
Location: Florida USA

I did not request that they respond directly to me - no need. I asked that they respond to this thread directly to clear the air.

As for the claims....let me say this:

I have several of the Nitecore chargers, a few D2's and 4's. NONE are fakes and ALL work properly. If Banggood says they are buying directly from Nitecore then "I" have zero reason not to believe them. They are one of Nitecore's biggest distributors and it would be stupid to sell anything counterfeit that is labeled Nitecore. Just because Sysmax has a flawed system does not mean these goods are counterfeit.

How do I know?....Because it is crapshoot and has yet to work with any of the D-series for me and I KNOW that they are not counterfeits.

I just love the way that many like to jump the gun and believe the worst.

It's the simple things that we take for granted that cost us the most

Ευκαιρία λέει πιάσε με από το μέτωπο γιατί μόλις έχω περάσει δεν θα με πιάσειs

Ormbett
Ormbett's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 4 days ago
Joined: 02/26/2015 - 09:55
Posts: 1245
Location: Sweden

@bugsy36 – I Think you are right. Thanks for your time Beer

and thanks to Banggood for posting in this thread

and also thanks to original poster for making us know there is a problem with the validation system

vladraq
vladraq's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 years 5 months ago
Joined: 10/03/2014 - 09:45
Posts: 16
Location: Romania

My D4 that i got from Banggood is genuine even on NITECORE validation site.

http://budgetlightforum.com/node/37889#comment-729191

marcl
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 3 weeks ago
Joined: 01/30/2012 - 09:02
Posts: 1780
Location: United Kingdom

@bugsy. I appreciate you contacting sysmax and for what it worth I think the validation system doesn’t work properly I think that has been proven to be the case for a lot of people. However I think it is a little unfair to say I jumped the gun, after all I followed the process and was told the code with my charger was invalid, it worked for Vladraq above, he was told his was authentic, I wasn’t.

As for thinking the worst, this is China we are talking about, it happens a lot.

Marc

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines!

Ormbett
Ormbett's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 4 days ago
Joined: 02/26/2015 - 09:55
Posts: 1245
Location: Sweden

A D4 from BG with my name on it is somewhere between China and Sweden right now. I will validate and post the results in this thread when it has arrived.

hank
hank's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 days 6 hours ago
Joined: 09/04/2011 - 21:52
Posts: 9634
Location: Berkeley, California

I don’t know if Banggood has their own warehouse.

I don’t know if Banggood buys directly from manufacturers rather than through wholesalers.

The actual origin of the item matters — as does “provenance” or “chain of custody” — meaning knowing whose hands have been on an item all the way from the original parts through assembly and sale to the purchaser.

Because, at every step, someone’s tempted to substitute cheap crap for good product and rake off some profit.

Many online sellers — not just Chinese sellers — are actually “drop shippers” who take orders, show you a tempting catalog, but don’t actually have the products. They match up the orders they can get with whoever’s selling the product and have it shipped without ever touching it.

Often they have no clue what they’re selling, as you can tell from the “support” email we get.

Amazon does something similar: http://www.dailydot.com/news/amazon-marketplace-conterfeit-fake-goods/

marcl
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 3 weeks ago
Joined: 01/30/2012 - 09:02
Posts: 1780
Location: United Kingdom

That’s my last point really, if amazon can do it then why would I be surprised if Banggood do it.

Personally like I have said earlier in the thread it might be the charger is not fake but that Nitecore know nothing of it or it’s validation code. Simply because it was sold through a back door somewhere.

What I am a little surprised at it that BG have not seemed in anyway put out by it all. Just the usual ‘we only sell genuine Nitecore’. Maybe they should have got in touch with sysmax instead of bugsy.

Marc.

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines!

Melven
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 01/12/2011 - 12:59
Posts: 143
Location: Utah, USA

I will have to check mine later tonight when I get home. I also bought one from “Sold by Join You and Fulfilled by Amazon”. I hope mine is real, but I have noticed it gets quite warm when charging and has that ‘hot electronic parts smell’

SIGShooter
SIGShooter's picture
Offline
Last seen: 9 hours 16 min ago
Joined: 07/14/2013 - 02:10
Posts: 2320
Location: northern california

marcl wrote:
That’s my last point really, if amazon can do it then why would I be surprised if Banggood do it.

Personally like I have said earlier in the thread it might be the charger is not fake but that Nitecore know nothing of it or it’s validation code. Simply because it was sold through a back door somewhere.

What I am a little surprised at it that BG have not seemed in anyway put out by it all. Just the usual ‘we only sell genuine Nitecore’. Maybe they should have got in touch with sysmax instead of bugsy.

Marc.


As others have pointed out the real question is if Nitcore’s validation system works or not (and apparently not). It’s a valid question to ask if a vendor is selling genuine items or not but Banggood isn’t responsible for monitoring or revising Nitecore’s system. If BG has confirmed that they are selling genuine items then what Nitecore does in terms of validation is out of BG’s hands.

Just my opinion of course

marcl
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 3 weeks ago
Joined: 01/30/2012 - 09:02
Posts: 1780
Location: United Kingdom

SIGShooter wrote:
marcl wrote:
That’s my last point really, if amazon can do it then why would I be surprised if Banggood do it.

Personally like I have said earlier in the thread it might be the charger is not fake but that Nitecore know nothing of it or it’s validation code. Simply because it was sold through a back door somewhere.

What I am a little surprised at it that BG have not seemed in anyway put out by it all. Just the usual ‘we only sell genuine Nitecore’. Maybe they should have got in touch with sysmax instead of bugsy.

Marc.


As others have pointed out the real question is if Nitcore’s validation system works or not (and apparently not). It’s a valid question to ask if a vendor is selling genuine items or not but Banggood isn’t responsible for monitoring or revising Nitecore’s system. If BG has confirmed that they are selling genuine items then what Nitecore does in terms of validation is out of BG’s hands.

Just my opinion of course

Yes I agree. I was thinking along the lines of ‘we only sell authentic products and as an AD for Nitecore we will contact them and ask them for an explaination and report back’. At the end of the day it is BG getting a bad name because Nitecore have a crap system.

Marc.

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines!

Ejected Filament
Ejected Filament's picture
Offline
Last seen: 11 months 2 days ago
Joined: 12/03/2013 - 04:29
Posts: 2343
Location: Qld, Australia

marcl wrote:
That’s my last point really, if amazon can do it then why would I be surprised if Banggood do it.

Personally like I have said earlier in the thread it might be the charger is not fake but that Nitecore know nothing of it or it’s validation code. Simply because it was sold through a back door somewhere.

What I am a little surprised at it that BG have not seemed in anyway put out by it all. Just the usual ‘we only sell genuine Nitecore’. Maybe they should have got in touch with sysmax instead of bugsy.

Marc.


If Nitecore made it, which is what is important here, then they should/would have the code. They would be unlikely to place the codes in the system when they are sold to consumers (that would rely heavily on sellers entering the data or recording it and then informing Nitecore), Nitecore would enter them in the system when the units leave their control/factory/warehouse, or when made and the sticker applied to a unit.

Your complaint will not rank highly and BG would not employ a special team to investigate the complaint. Not quite what youve said, but they would be expending resources to follow up an issue its already sure is not realistic. If they buy direct from the maker, then they have little doubt its genuine. If not, they have limited ability to prove a unit in your hand is fake. Lastly, the number system is far from foolproof, and they would know it as would Nitecore and XTAR that use the same system.

Is the Nitecore system scratch and reveal numbers?

bugsy36
bugsy36's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 months 1 week ago
Joined: 07/11/2014 - 18:15
Posts: 2475
Location: Florida USA

marcl wrote:
That's my last point really, if amazon can do it then why would I be surprised if Banggood do it. Personally like I have said earlier in the thread it might be the charger is not fake but that Nitecore know nothing of it or it's validation code. Simply because it was sold through a back door somewhere. What I am a little surprised at it that BG have not seemed in anyway put out by it all. Just the usual 'we only sell genuine Nitecore'. Maybe they should have got in touch with sysmax instead of bugsy. Marc.

Marc - I AM NOT STARTING A FIGHT SO DO NOT CONFUSE MY WORDS...please.

I think you are missing my point. Accusations without solid proof are a "shoot first ask questions later mentality". Therefore before you titled your thread like you did....you should have been the one to contact Sysmax verify and ensure that you had the real deal or a counterfeit. I believe in innocent until proven guilty and I see no proof that what you have is a counterfeit, except for a suspect verification system. I could give a crap if they are Asian, European, American...whatever. I have seen all of them lie so I am not going to paint all Chinese vendors and manufacturers and liars and cheats.

Moreover....you originally posted that you had a defective unit even though it is within the tolerances of what many on this forum consider acceptable. Posts like this look more like revenge than anything else. Before you posted this thread you should have contacted Sysmax and then Banggood.

Bottom line - You should prove that you have a fake charger with a response from Nitecore/Sysmax and if you cannot remove the word "fake" from your thread title. Fact is, I do not think many if any people are going to stop buying Nitecore chargers from any of our known vendors.

It's the simple things that we take for granted that cost us the most

Ευκαιρία λέει πιάσε με από το μέτωπο γιατί μόλις έχω περάσει δεν θα με πιάσειs

kronological
kronological's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 1 month ago
Joined: 12/12/2012 - 09:23
Posts: 3042
Location: Texas

marcl wrote:
What I am a little surprised at it that BG have not seemed in anyway put out by it all. Just the usual ‘we only sell genuine Nitecore’. Maybe they should have got in touch with sysmax instead of bugsy.

Marc.


How do you know that they haven’t?

Most of China is still on vacation right now…especially manufacturers.

No one, after lighting a lamp, puts it away in a cellar nor under a basket, but on the lampstand, so that those who enter may see the light.

My Reviews: Ma

Ejected Filament
Ejected Filament's picture
Offline
Last seen: 11 months 2 days ago
Joined: 12/03/2013 - 04:29
Posts: 2343
Location: Qld, Australia

bugsy36 wrote:

Marc – I AM NOT STARTING A FIGHT SO DO NOT CONFUSE MY WORDS…please.

I think you are missing my point. Accusations without solid proof are a “shoot first ask questions later mentality”. Therefore before you titled your thread like you did….you should have been the one to contact Sysmax verify and ensure that you had the real deal or a counterfeit. I believe in innocent until proven guilty and I see no proof that what you have is a counterfeit, except for a suspect verification system. I could give a crap if they are Asian, European, American…whatever. I have seen all of them lie so I am not going to paint all Chinese vendors and manufacturers and liars and cheats.

Moreover….you originally posted that you had a defective unit even though it is within the tolerances of what many on this forum consider acceptable. Posts like this look more like revenge than anything else. Before you posted this thread you should have contacted Sysmax and then Banggood.

Bottom line – You should prove that you have a fake charger with a response from Nitecore/Sysmax and if you cannot remove the word “fake” from your thread title. Fact is, I do not think many if any people are going to stop buying Nitecore chargers from any of our known vendors.


Sysmax will not be able to tell him with any certainty unless he sends it to them. They could ask him to take a photo of the insides, send it to them and they might verify that way, but I doubt they would. Im not sure they can be opened and reassembled easily anyway.

All Sysmax can tell him without inspecting the unit is the number he tried to enter, has already been entered. He already knows that.

The system of verification is flawed, as is most systems like it. Holograms can be faked, as can just about anything else. Its a system, it kind of works and is at least an attempt at dealing with it, and while not perfect, is better than nothing at all. Well, marginally anyway.

Pages

Topic locked