Update: 10-22-17. KRONOS K70 GB. $50. 243 on list!

698 posts / 0 new
Last post
Ocelot
Ocelot's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 02/17/2018 - 01:23
Posts: 167
Location: Hawaii

Thank you, RobertB !!  

 

 

vinte77
Offline
Last seen: 7 months 1 week ago
Joined: 03/04/2014 - 18:43
Posts: 766
Location: California

Anybody try PMing/emailing Miranda from Thorfire about this project?

JasonWW
JasonWW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 18 hours ago
Joined: 10/22/2016 - 11:41
Posts: 12942
Location: Houston Texas

Since Sofirn seems to be taking over the parts for the Thorfire built Q8, maybe they also have access to this light as well? Just a thought.

Texas Ace Lumen Tube and JoshK Sphere calibrated with Maukka lights

Click this to go to signature links. I'm still around, just not reading many new threads.

vinte77
Offline
Last seen: 7 months 1 week ago
Joined: 03/04/2014 - 18:43
Posts: 766
Location: California
JasonWW wrote:
Since Sofirn seems to be taking over the parts for the Thorfire built Q8, maybe they also have access to this light as well? Just a thought.

Who would we contact at Sofirm?

contactcr
Offline
Last seen: 4 days 6 hours ago
Joined: 05/19/2017 - 18:52
Posts: 3720
Location: US

Jaxman X6 hunter
Thorfire S70S
Convoy L6

These are all the same with different drivers and emitters, yes? edit: X6 hunter is mechanical switch only it seems. Other two are eswitch+tail switch

JasonWW
JasonWW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 18 hours ago
Joined: 10/22/2016 - 11:41
Posts: 12942
Location: Houston Texas

contactcr wrote:
Jaxman X6 hunter
Thorfire S70S
Convoy L6

These are all the same with different drivers and emitters, yes? edit: X6 hunter is mechanical switch only it seems. Other two are eswitch+tail switch


Nope, all 3 are not related.

Texas Ace Lumen Tube and JoshK Sphere calibrated with Maukka lights

Click this to go to signature links. I'm still around, just not reading many new threads.

JasonWW
JasonWW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 18 hours ago
Joined: 10/22/2016 - 11:41
Posts: 12942
Location: Houston Texas
vinte77 wrote:
JasonWW wrote:
Since Sofirn seems to be taking over the parts for the Thorfire built Q8, maybe they also have access to this light as well? Just a thought.

Who would we contact at Sofirm?


I don’t know. Try asking here. I’m sure they know.
http://budgetlightforum.com/node/61004

Texas Ace Lumen Tube and JoshK Sphere calibrated with Maukka lights

Click this to go to signature links. I'm still around, just not reading many new threads.

contactcr
Offline
Last seen: 4 days 6 hours ago
Joined: 05/19/2017 - 18:52
Posts: 3720
Location: US

JasonWW wrote:
contactcr wrote:
Jaxman X6 hunter
Thorfire S70S
Convoy L6

These are all the same with different drivers and emitters, yes? edit: X6 hunter is mechanical switch only it seems. Other two are eswitch+tail switch


Nope, all 3 are not related.

It appears they at least all use the same reflector

JasonWW
JasonWW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 18 hours ago
Joined: 10/22/2016 - 11:41
Posts: 12942
Location: Houston Texas

contactcr wrote:
JasonWW wrote:
contactcr wrote:
Jaxman X6 hunter
Thorfire S70S
Convoy L6

These are all the same with different drivers and emitters, yes? edit: X6 hunter is mechanical switch only it seems. Other two are eswitch+tail switch


Nope, all 3 are not related.

It appears they at least all use the same reflector


“It appears they at least all use the same reflector size.” Is that what you meant? That is not uncommon. It may even be on purpose. Lots of different lights interchange reflectors.

Texas Ace Lumen Tube and JoshK Sphere calibrated with Maukka lights

Click this to go to signature links. I'm still around, just not reading many new threads.

contactcr
Offline
Last seen: 4 days 6 hours ago
Joined: 05/19/2017 - 18:52
Posts: 3720
Location: US

The height and width is the same. Just throwing out ideas for alternative lights since this is vaporware. Im not an expert..

JasonWW
JasonWW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 18 hours ago
Joined: 10/22/2016 - 11:41
Posts: 12942
Location: Houston Texas

contactcr wrote:
The height and width is the same. Just throwing out ideas for alternative lights since this is vaporware. Im not an expert..

The Kronos is just a restyled S70s. Both are good mod lights.

I’ve got a modded L6, but it’s not anywhere near $50. Wink

Texas Ace Lumen Tube and JoshK Sphere calibrated with Maukka lights

Click this to go to signature links. I'm still around, just not reading many new threads.

KawiBoy1428
KawiBoy1428's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 10 hours ago
Joined: 04/11/2014 - 18:05
Posts: 4275
Location: The Motor City

JasonWW wrote:
contactcr wrote:
The height and width is the same. Just throwing out ideas for alternative lights since this is vaporware. Im not an expert..

The Kronos is just a restyled S70s. Both are good mod lights.

I’ve got a modded L6, but it’s not anywhere near $50. Wink


Probably why the K70 got abandoned….. the price ain’t right for Thorefire! Big Smile

KB1428 “Live Life WOT

geetee03
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 5 months ago
Joined: 06/15/2018 - 23:57
Posts: 26
Location: United States

I’ll buy one when/if it’s available.

vinte77
Offline
Last seen: 7 months 1 week ago
Joined: 03/04/2014 - 18:43
Posts: 766
Location: California

I messaged Miranda about a possible resurrection of this project but all I got was a response that this “project is terminated”.

Sofirn
Sofirn's picture
Offline
Last seen: 10 hours 54 min ago
Joined: 04/06/2017 - 04:22
Posts: 1881
Location: Shenzhen, China

We are interested in making a new similar light, but not K70. It depends on you guys. How about any of you help gather opinions and do a groupbuy?

JasonWW
JasonWW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 18 hours ago
Joined: 10/22/2016 - 11:41
Posts: 12942
Location: Houston Texas

Sofirn wrote:
We are interested in making a new similar light, but not K70. It depends on you guys. How about any of you help gather opinions and do a groupbuy?

Sounds interesting.

Texas Ace Lumen Tube and JoshK Sphere calibrated with Maukka lights

Click this to go to signature links. I'm still around, just not reading many new threads.

hIKARInoob
hIKARInoob's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 12 min ago
Joined: 08/28/2016 - 08:15
Posts: 4211

Just wow. Really cool when a company just steps up like that and says hey let’s make an awesome light! Thumbs Up Big Smile

hIKARInoob
hIKARInoob's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 12 min ago
Joined: 08/28/2016 - 08:15
Posts: 4211
Sofirn wrote:
We are interested in making a new similar light, but not K70. It depends on you guys. How about any of you help gather opinions and do a groupbuy?

If you ask us what kind of light we want, you will get a thousand answers with lights ranging from a mini single AAA all the way up to a 8×21700 monster light and everything in between.
If Sofirn is going to make a similar light, perhaps you can tell us more about what you have in mind first? Thanks!
Perhaps you can start a new thread?

Satan@103TFS
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 6 days ago
Joined: 09/04/2017 - 12:51
Posts: 572

Very interested in “new similar light”.

JasonWW
JasonWW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 18 hours ago
Joined: 10/22/2016 - 11:41
Posts: 12942
Location: Houston Texas

It should be xhp70.2 and 2 × 26650. About a 3” diameter head with side switch. That is the basic K70/S70 and Convoy L6 design.

Texas Ace Lumen Tube and JoshK Sphere calibrated with Maukka lights

Click this to go to signature links. I'm still around, just not reading many new threads.

Satan@103TFS
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 6 days ago
Joined: 09/04/2017 - 12:51
Posts: 572
JasonWW wrote:
It should be xhp70.2 and 2 × 26650. About a 3” diameter head with side switch. That is the basic K70/S70 and Convoy L6 design.

That the classic form I like.

hIKARInoob
hIKARInoob's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 12 min ago
Joined: 08/28/2016 - 08:15
Posts: 4211
JasonWW wrote:
It should be xhp70.2 and 2 × 26650. About a 3” diameter head with side switch. That is the basic K70/S70 and Convoy L6 design.

That is so true. Let’s see if Sofirn gives us confirmation. This is definitely interesting stuff. Big Smile

Chatika vas Paus
Chatika vas Paus's picture
Offline
Last seen: 10 hours 12 min ago
Joined: 09/03/2017 - 13:46
Posts: 1245
Location: PL
JasonWW wrote:
It should be xhp70.2 and 2 × 26650. About a 3” diameter head with side switch. That is the basic K70/S70 and Convoy L6 design.

This is already boring. Maybe 3x xhp70 + xhp35 HI, powered by 3× 26650 in side by side config?

kiriba-ru S2+ and S21a spacers are available in EU. PM me. A few details here

JasonWW
JasonWW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 18 hours ago
Joined: 10/22/2016 - 11:41
Posts: 12942
Location: Houston Texas
Chatika vas Paus wrote:
JasonWW wrote:
It should be xhp70.2 and 2 × 26650. About a 3” diameter head with side switch. That is the basic K70/S70 and Convoy L6 design.

This is already boring. Maybe 3x xhp70 + xhp35 HI, powered by 3× 26650 in side by side config?


Sorry, that would be a whole different light.

The reason they posted in this thread is because they want to do a classic design like the S70/L6.

Sofirn said:

Quote:
It should be XHP70.2 led, 2× 26650 batteries, side switch + tail forward clicky switch, a new look (we are trying to make).
 

Would anyone like to make a new thread so it can be discussed?

Texas Ace Lumen Tube and JoshK Sphere calibrated with Maukka lights

Click this to go to signature links. I'm still around, just not reading many new threads.

hIKARInoob
hIKARInoob's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 12 min ago
Joined: 08/28/2016 - 08:15
Posts: 4211

JasonWW wrote:
Sofirn said:
Quote:
It should be XHP70.2 led, 2× 26650 batteries, side switch + tail forward clicky switch, a new look (we are trying to make).
 

Where did Sofirn say this?

JasonWW
JasonWW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 18 hours ago
Joined: 10/22/2016 - 11:41
Posts: 12942
Location: Houston Texas

hIKARInoob wrote:
JasonWW wrote:
Sofirn said:
Quote:
It should be XHP70.2 led, 2× 26650 batteries, side switch + tail forward clicky switch, a new look (we are trying to make).
 

Where did Sofirn say this?


In a PM. I don’t have time to do a group buy myself. I will see if Sofirn can start a new thread so the new light can be discussed.

So far, they want to call it the SP20. They need suggestions on the UI. Maybe the driver too, I’m not sure on that. There is lots to discuss. Sofirns recent lights have been very impressive so I’m quite interested in their version.

Texas Ace Lumen Tube and JoshK Sphere calibrated with Maukka lights

Click this to go to signature links. I'm still around, just not reading many new threads.

hIKARInoob
hIKARInoob's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 12 min ago
Joined: 08/28/2016 - 08:15
Posts: 4211

JasonWW wrote:
hIKARInoob wrote:
JasonWW wrote:
Sofirn said:
Quote:
It should be XHP70.2 led, 2× 26650 batteries, side switch + tail forward clicky switch, a new look (we are trying to make).
 

Where did Sofirn say this?


In a PM. I don’t have time to do a group buy myself. I will see if Sofirn can start a new thread so the new light can be discussed.

So far, they want to call it the SP20. They need suggestions on the UI. Maybe the driver too, I’m not sure on that. There is lots to discuss. Sofirns recent lights have been very impressive so I’m quite interested in their version.

Excellent Jason. I’m personally also not too interested in this format, however indeed because it’s Sofirn that I’m also paying intention. I hope they can make something special. I think it would be best if Sofirn started a new thread.

Nicolicous
Nicolicous's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 1 day ago
Joined: 04/16/2016 - 08:28
Posts: 1604
Location: Australia

What i like about Sofirn is that they are relatively new company. They listen to customers and trying to innovate new things. So far i have few of their lights and i like it heaps.

Cant wait to see new things from them.

Nico -.-

JasonWW
JasonWW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 18 hours ago
Joined: 10/22/2016 - 11:41
Posts: 12942
Location: Houston Texas

Nicolicous wrote:
What i like about Sofirn is that they are relatively new company. They listen to customers and trying to innovate new things. So far i have few of their lights and i like it heaps.

Cant wait to see new things from them.


Yes, everyone is raving about the C8F. The only reason I haven’t bought one is because it’s not available in cool White. Now they are making it with a 21700 battery size. I think I’m going to buy that one even though it will probably be neutral white only. They seem to be good quality as well as good prices, just like Convoy. Thumbs Up

Texas Ace Lumen Tube and JoshK Sphere calibrated with Maukka lights

Click this to go to signature links. I'm still around, just not reading many new threads.

hIKARInoob
hIKARInoob's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 12 min ago
Joined: 08/28/2016 - 08:15
Posts: 4211

JasonWW wrote:
Nicolicous wrote:
What i like about Sofirn is that they are relatively new company. They listen to customers and trying to innovate new things. So far i have few of their lights and i like it heaps.

Cant wait to see new things from them.


Yes, everyone is raving about the C8F. The only reason I haven’t bought one is because it’s not available in cool White. Now they are making it with a 21700 battery size. I think I’m going to buy that one even though it will probably be neutral white only. They seem to be good quality as well as good prices, just like Convoy. Thumbs Up

I feel there is another important factor regarding Convoy and Sofirn; I think both brands are accompanied by a good vibe.

Pages