List is updated.
The new driver is indeed outperforming the older version…over 10 amps with AWC batteries! :THUMBS-UP:
The lumen output is not there though…~4600 lumens. I’m thinking it should be more than that. :FACEPALM:
JohnnyMac has yet to test his…so we’ll see what is going on with his sample…hopefully soon.
List is updated.
A BIG :THUMBS-UP: goes out to The Miller for keeping the K70 list updated for these past few weeks. I know he and I have clashed at times in the past, but that didn’t stop him from jumping in and helping out. Thanks!
I just received the new high amp driver. I haven’t soldered in a while, and I was never great at it anyway…so Robo is going to solder this new driver in for us. We should have it done by Thursday. He also has a light box…so we should have amp and lumen numbers as well!
I know it is taking awhile (so what else is new)…but we want to really get this one right.
I’ve updated the interest list, now moved below this update to make it easier to see…we are closing in on 175 units.
We have some newer, more powerful drivers developed that will hopefully get us into the 8+ amps mark. They are being sent to us for testing. We will have additional information as soon as we can get them tested.
There might be some other outstanding answers to questions, but please be patient. This new driver will hopefully get us pretty close to going into production.
8 ) Bugsy36
14) Tom E (w/SMO reflector)
21) Mr.Scott (OP & SMO reflector)
22) Mr.Scott (OP & SMO reflector)
23) Slayer1 (OP & SMO reflector)
31) korpzgrinda (OP & SMO reflector)
32) octav (SMO)
33) gehrmo (OP & SMO reflector)
37) Yourrid (OP & SMO reflector)
39) Gerrit (w/SMO reflector)
41) Ozythemandias (w/SMO reflector)
45) texas shooter
66) Muto (OP & SMO reflector)
67) Muto (OP & SMO reflector)
75) dcox (non blf buyer)
79) khaynes (non blf buyer)
80) sehlers (non blf buyer)
84) OrangePeel (OP & SMO reflector)
86) Richie086 (OP & SMO reflector)
88) blueb8llz (w/SMO reflector)
89) bkerwick (non blf buyer)
90) kleslie (non blf buyer)
91) leroycp (w/SMO reflector)
93) SteveMidwest (OP & SMO reflector)
97) KawiBoy1428 (OP & 2 SMO reflectors)
100) pirate joe 22
106) troisanh (OP & SMO reflector)
107) everydaysurvivalgear (w/SMO reflector)
110) Hezekiah (OP & SMO refector)
111) Frankie Baby
115) T18 (OP & SMO reflector)
118) Glenn7 (OP & SMO reflector)
121) netprince (OP & SMO)
123) vinte77 (OP & SMO reflector)
128) solRNY (w/SMO reflector)
136) southland (w/SMO reflector)
139) Gj (OP & SMO reflector)
140) Gj (OP & SMO reflector)
146) Shadowcactus (w/SMO reflector)
148) Rusty Joe
149) Hawaiian Eyez
150) emarkd (OP & SMO reflector)
151) Dirt (OP & SMO reflector)
152) rizky_p (OP & SMO reflector)
153) yasenf (w/SMO reflector)
154) yasenf (w/SMO reflector)
155) Sukoi (OP & SMO reflector)
156) The Imp (w/SMO reflector)
157) zortan (OP & SMO reflector)
158) Tarvos (OP & SMO reflector)
161) pirate joe 22
165) SubSailorVet (w.SMO reflector)
166) SamHaLeKe (OP & SMO reflector)
167) SamHaLeKe (OP & SMO reflector)
169) nodoubt (w/SMO reflector)
170) gleamer (OP & SMO reflector)
171) ZozzV6 (w.OP reflector installed) (host available?)
174) eric800 (w/SMO reflector installed)
175) MountainMan (OP & SMO reflector)
176) MountainMan (OP & SMO reflector)
177) krutone (OP & SMO reflector)
178) tekwyzrd (w/SMO reflector installed)
181) jamaya (OP & SMO reflector) (2 batteries)
184) Ragsy (w/SMO reflector installed)
185) fed893 (OP & SMO reflector)
186) Itsme (smooth reflector, and holster please)
187) R10500 (w/SMO reflector installed)
189) magnet (w/SMO reflector installed)
190) raynman (OP & SMO)
191) Flomotion (w/SMO reflector installed)
192) Tom Tom (OP & SMO reflector) (2 batteries)
195) Corzy (OP & SMO reflector) (extra centering rings)
196) jamaya (w/SMO reflector installed)
198) cressdrvr (w/SMO reflector installed)
199) maildroid (w/SMO reflector installed)
200) wstrachan (w/SMO reflector installed in case of XHP70.2)
205) ersecu (OP and SMO)
206) boostedsubie (SMO)
209) Flying Luminosity
212) Sparkey762 (SMO)
213) Sparkey762 (SMO)
214) Satan@103TFS (OP if XHP70/ SMO if XHP70.2)
216) zoysiamo (SMO)
220) Tender (OP & SMO reflector)
224) OrangePeel (OP & SMO reflector)
225) Kurt_Norway (SMO)
228) MaleNurse (OP & SMO reflector)
229) strayz (SMO)
233) wilwok (OP & SMO)
236) somnambulism (OP & SMO)
237) Flomotion (SMO)
238) 10fp (SMO)
239) Kurt_Norway (SMO)
240) Kurt_Norway (SMO)
243) dsiddens (SMO)
It looks like there might be enough interest in a SMO reflector. I’ll see if we can swing it based upon minimums, etc.
Please also remember that this GB is for a complete K70 light, not for individual reflectors sold only by themselves. Initial SMO reflector interest will be geared toward KRONOS K70 GB participants. Individual SMO reflectors may or may not be available at some point after that.
If we are able to offer a SMO reflector, it will most likely come installed for those that prefer it over an OP reflector. Or, as people have mentioned, we could perhaps offer it as an extra option so that the light would come with both. I don’t know if an extra reflector will fit in the existing box, so that could factor in as well.
I’ll update this thread when I know more information.
Thank you guys for all the interest! :THUMBS-UP:
How much interest is there in a SMO (smooth) reflector? We believe that one can be done, but would like to know the interest. Yes? No?
Edit: If interested, please indicate if you are interested in the SMO reflector, the K70 light…or both.
We have reduced the price of the KRONOS K70. Price is now $50/delivered! :THUMBS-UP:
Pricing on holster is $6.
Batteries…$15 (for qty 2).
We are evaluating which charger we will offer a good package deal on. Ideas?
^ Another photo I took, edited by Joshk ^
I have been working on my photo skills, using a Light Box here if you are interested . I should have some more pics of the K70 as I get the settings more dialed in. There are also holster pictures further below. Here is a sample photo:
^ My new pic of prototype ^
Time to roll out the next KRONOS light, the K70. It has been a loooooong time! We decided to start this GB thread after the light was further along in development, instead of dragging it out over several months, or possibly over a year. Thanks for being so patient!
^ Latest Render ^
The KRONOS K70 was designed in cooperation with ThorFire, and based on their beastly S70. Originally, we only planned to upgrade the internals/UI to fully realize the potential of this light. We soon came to the conclusion that a re-design of the host was also needed to overcome some design issues with the original S70. Therefore, the KRONOS K70 is not just a simple re-design, but a new light with plenty of oomph. Our goal is a walloping 8-9 amps!
Please check out the prototype/development pics. We will update with pictures and specifications after samples are received and tested:
^ New and improved host design, with added Stainless Steel bezel, large, diamond knurling and larger tailcap, providing excellent grip ^
^ Front pics with view of upgraded Stainless Steel bezel and OP reflector ^
^ Improved tail-standing and handling with wider, slip-resistant tailcap ^
^ New Cut-away…improvement on head design. Notice 8mm thick emitter shelf, 6mm thicker than standard S70, less dead air (more material left when machined), and a stepped reflector. Improved heat sink/efficiency ^
^ Internal view of K70 head. Cu MCPCB w/DTP ^
^ Internal view of new tailcap, and plenty of thick threads on the body ^
^ Now with a Nylon Holster…Perfect for LEOs/First Responders ^
^ Other development renders ^
Our design team consists of JohnnyMac, Bugsy36, robo819 and kronological. The Results? We believe that you will be very pleased with the massive output, excellent heat-shedding, comfortable ergonomics and fantastic UI of the KRONOS K70.
The first beta sample is almost ready to ship to KRONOS for scrutiny. Until then, here are the preliminary specs of what this light is all about (Note: Specs are subject to change due to our findings, of course):
- 4 Modes (Xs will be filled in after we perform real-world testing).
Moon/XXX lumens/XXX amps.
Medium/XXX lumens/XXX amps.
High/XXX lumens/XXX amps.
Turbo/XXX lumens/XXX amps (Projected to be 8-9 amps).
- Stainless Steel, Crenelated Bezel.
- HAIII Black Hard Anodization.
- CE/RoHs Certification.
- Large, Diamond-Pattern, Cross-Hatch Knurling.
- Long, shoulder-sling style lanyard.
- Copper MCPCB w/DTP (Direct Thermal Path).
- Emitter shelf increased from 2mm (standard S70) to 8mm.
- No tactical ring (light is too large to make it practical).
- CREE XHP70 3A 5000k.
- Improved UI.
- Low-Voltage LED Switch Indicator (6.8-8.4v is Green, 6-6.8v is Orange, below 6V is flashing Red).
- Moon Mode added.
- Low Voltage Protection.
- AR Lens.
- Dual switch design.
- Rear Switch: Wider Forward clicky for momentary on and lockout.
- Wide tailcap for excellent grip/control and better stability while tailstanding.
- Mode reversal with medium press.
- 3 Minute Turbo Step-Down. Quick Double-Press to Re-Access Turbo.
- Nylon Holster available.
- 26650 to 18650 adaptors.
- Standard cardboard box packaging.
- Instruction manual.
- Options: Charger, batteries and holster.
- Sold through BangGood or ThorFire’s Amazon store.
Finalized Group Buy price: $50
Nylon Holster: $6
Charger: TBD (Still evaluating chargers)
Get on the list now to ensure you get one of these awesome lights!
Important: Once final specs on the light are approved, the lights will go into production. Shortly thereafter, each person added to the interest list will be PM’d a special code to have access to the Group Buy. You will not get the code unless your name is on the list! To get your name added to the interest list, (Please do not PM us!) simply post the quantity desired in this GB thread: