Lumintop GT Mini (Thower) Beam shots and more!

151 posts / 0 new
Last post
ChibiM
ChibiM's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 14 hours ago
Joined: 05/09/2011 - 10:25
Posts: 6775
Location: Holland

komeko wrote:
Today I picked up my GTMini. Charged to full 30Q and such results: 5.8A on the back of the cap 23 micro Amper drainage (backlight off) 1392 lumen 118kcd color in turbo 4430K BBL 4D (almost identically as UT02) Now I have virtually identical performance as my modified UT02 with 1510 lumens. The same range, color, beam ... only in a smaller and lighter package. In conclusion, a very nice flashlight.

 

At what distance did you measure 118kcd?

komeko
komeko's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 2 weeks ago
Joined: 12/21/2017 - 14:26
Posts: 394
Location: Poland

The measurement was at a distance of 5m and gave a result of 4717. 117877 is the result at 1m distance, calculated.

Click on:        ANSI WHITE

Click on:        MY COLLECTION

Click on:        Q8, D4, D4S, D18, K1, FW3A, SDmini, Mini AAA, TIP, M43, H1, H03, TC20, TN40S, TN42, V6, H600Fw, SC600w, SC64w

Newlumen
Newlumen's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 8 months ago
Joined: 05/27/2017 - 00:19
Posts: 2092
Location: United states

komeko wrote:
Today I picked up my GTMini.
Charged to full 30Q and such results:
5.8A on the back of the cap
23 micro Amper drainage (backlight off)
1392 lumen
118kcd
color in turbo 4430K BBL 4D (almost identically as UT02)

Now I have virtually identical performance as my modified UT02 with 1510 lumens. The same range, color, beam … only in a smaller and lighter package. In conclusion, a very nice flashlight.

Thanks for the lumen number.. i got 1390 lumen on my mini gt cw with the sony vtc6..

Agro
Agro's picture
Online
Last seen: 1 min 58 sec ago
Joined: 05/14/2017 - 11:16
Posts: 6868
Location: Ślōnsk
Texas_Ace wrote:
Agro wrote:
Texas_Ace wrote:
This is what should happen actually, given equal outputs the neutral white will throw better. The warmer wavelengths are less prone to refraction in the atmosphere and thus travel further.
I think someone tested it at long distance with GT and the test result did not match that theory…. I guess we need more data to draw conclusions.

That was because the CW LED was a higher bin and thus had more lumens then the NW LED.

Naturally higher output will throw further.

If they are the same output the warmer tint throws further. The same reason sunsets are orange and the sky is blue.


Can’t find it now to check, but I believe the test didn’t compare throw but rather the difference between short-distance and long-distance throw, negating any bin difference.
Texas_Ace
Texas_Ace's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 days 43 min ago
Joined: 03/24/2016 - 07:44
Posts: 9402
Location: Everything is brighter in Texas
Agro wrote:
Texas_Ace wrote:
Agro wrote:
Texas_Ace wrote:
This is what should happen actually, given equal outputs the neutral white will throw better. The warmer wavelengths are less prone to refraction in the atmosphere and thus travel further.
I think someone tested it at long distance with GT and the test result did not match that theory…. I guess we need more data to draw conclusions.

That was because the CW LED was a higher bin and thus had more lumens then the NW LED.

Naturally higher output will throw further.

If they are the same output the warmer tint throws further. The same reason sunsets are orange and the sky is blue.


Can’t find it now to check, but I believe the test didn’t compare throw but rather the difference between short-distance and long-distance throw, negating any bin difference.

Oh, you must be talking about a different test then the one I am thinking of, the only one I know of is the one DB custom did where he used a higher bin CW emitter.

Another factor is that camera sensors are also more sensitive to cooler temperatures (which is why they generally use a CW flash as the sensor works best with that).

Also if the air is very clean, then the advantage of the warmer tint is greatly reduced (same reason that the sky is blue when the sun is overhead but orange when it is hitting the atmosphere sideways it has to travel through more of it).

I have seen it with my own eyes many times, in the real world the warmer tints allows me to see further.

All that said, the difference is fairly minor in most cases when it comes to flashlights and getting the tint you prefer is the best choice as that will make you happier overall. There is no right or wrong answer.

Agro
Agro's picture
Online
Last seen: 1 min 58 sec ago
Joined: 05/14/2017 - 11:16
Posts: 6868
Location: Ślōnsk
Texas_Ace wrote:
Agro wrote:
Texas_Ace wrote:
Agro wrote:
Texas_Ace wrote:
This is what should happen actually, given equal outputs the neutral white will throw better. The warmer wavelengths are less prone to refraction in the atmosphere and thus travel further.
I think someone tested it at long distance with GT and the test result did not match that theory…. I guess we need more data to draw conclusions.

That was because the CW LED was a higher bin and thus had more lumens then the NW LED.

Naturally higher output will throw further.

If they are the same output the warmer tint throws further. The same reason sunsets are orange and the sky is blue.


Can’t find it now to check, but I believe the test didn’t compare throw but rather the difference between short-distance and long-distance throw, negating any bin difference.

Oh, you must be talking about a different test then the one I am thinking of, the only one I know of is the one DB custom did where he used a higher bin CW emitter.

Another factor is that camera sensors are also more sensitive to cooler temperatures (which is why they generally use a CW flash as the sensor works best with that).

Also if the air is very clean, then the advantage of the warmer tint is greatly reduced (same reason that the sky is blue when the sun is overhead but orange when it is hitting the atmosphere sideways it has to travel through more of it).

I have seen it with my own eyes many times, in the real world the warmer tints allows me to see further.

All that said, the difference is fairly minor in most cases when it comes to flashlights and getting the tint you prefer is the best choice as that will make you happier overall. There is no right or wrong answer.[/quote]
We’re talking about the same test. I managed to find it:
http://budgetlightforum.com/comment/1319872#comment-1319872 (with more info in subsequent posts).
I remembered Dale actually measuring throw at distance and remembered wrong. So the results may have been caused by differences in bin.

T18
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 3 months ago
Joined: 02/14/2016 - 15:29
Posts: 1163

I purchased one when I was buying the GT70 and I really do like this light a lot.

Did TA make the driver for this mini GT also..?
It would be very nice to get a few of these drivers, very impressive.

One thing is for sure, whoever it is that assembles the big GT’s also must assemble these mini GT’s
I spent hours attempting to get the mini’s bezel off and it’s looking like it’s not possible not without damaging the light so I stopped while I was ahead.
I don’t think Lumin is known for gluing are they?

Newlumen
Newlumen's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 8 months ago
Joined: 05/27/2017 - 00:19
Posts: 2092
Location: United states

T18 wrote:
I purchased one when I was buying the GT70 and I really do like this light a lot.

Did TA make the driver for this mini GT also..?
It would be very nice to get a few of these drivers, very impressive.

One thing is for sure, whoever it is that assembles the big GT’s also must assemble these mini GT’s
I spent hours attempting to get the mini’s bezel off and it’s looking like it’s not possible not without damaging the light so I stopped while I was ahead.
I don’t think Lumin is known for gluing are they?

I was told TA is not going to make driver for the mini gt.. not strong enough to make one..

JasonWW
JasonWW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 18 min ago
Joined: 10/22/2016 - 11:41
Posts: 12891
Location: Houston Texas

T18 wrote:
I purchased one when I was buying the GT70 and I really do like this light a lot.

Did TA make the driver for this mini GT also..?
It would be very nice to get a few of these drivers, very impressive.

One thing is for sure, whoever it is that assembles the big GT’s also must assemble these mini GT’s
I spent hours attempting to get the mini’s bezel off and it’s looking like it’s not possible not without damaging the light so I stopped while I was ahead.
I don’t think Lumin is known for gluing are they?


The bezel is glued. Some have a tiny bit of threadlocker, some have a lot. They are gluing a lot of their newer lights. Not the GT, though. It’s just really tight.

TA did not build this driver. It’s based on his Texas Avenger design, though. It is a proprietary driver and not sold seperately. You really don’t want it. If you want a good FET driver for e-switch use, Lexel is the best source. He is moving a bit slower right now due to a hand related problem, but will probably be back to making drivers soon.

Texas Ace Lumen Tube and JoshK Sphere calibrated with Maukka lights

Click this to go to signature links. I'm still around, just not reading many new threads.

T18
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 3 months ago
Joined: 02/14/2016 - 15:29
Posts: 1163

Thanks again Jason, you teach me something new and interesting everyday,
I thought about the possibility of it being glued and thought about trying heat but I remember what my bezel looked like after I did that to ano before, sort of a nice brownish color so that idea was short lived.
Not even sure why I wanted to take the bezel off frankly, I just like taking lights apart I think.
Well it is a good little light and yes the big GT’s I bought three of so far and I’ve taken them apart and boy oh boy is that a job.
I read that Lexel was having some kind of surgery on his hand but I do think I’ll take a look at those drivers you suggested when he’s better,
Thanks again as always.

Newlumen
Newlumen's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 8 months ago
Joined: 05/27/2017 - 00:19
Posts: 2092
Location: United states

I retest the lumen again after i calibrated the TA tube.

Mini gt cw 1286 lumen @ 5 seconds.. ( same as turn on )..

Texas_Ace
Texas_Ace's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 days 43 min ago
Joined: 03/24/2016 - 07:44
Posts: 9402
Location: Everything is brighter in Texas

JasonWW wrote:
T18 wrote:
I purchased one when I was buying the GT70 and I really do like this light a lot.

Did TA make the driver for this mini GT also..?
It would be very nice to get a few of these drivers, very impressive.

One thing is for sure, whoever it is that assembles the big GT’s also must assemble these mini GT’s
I spent hours attempting to get the mini’s bezel off and it’s looking like it’s not possible not without damaging the light so I stopped while I was ahead.
I don’t think Lumin is known for gluing are they?


The bezel is glued. Some have a tiny bit of threadlocker, some have a lot. They are gluing a lot of their newer lights. Not the GT, though. It’s just really tight.

TA did not build this driver. It’s based on his Texas Avenger design, though. It is a proprietary driver and not sold seperately. You really don’t want it. If you want a good FET driver for e-switch use, Lexel is the best source. He is moving a bit slower right now due to a hand related problem, but will probably be back to making drivers soon.

While I did not actually make the “base driver design” as they simply copied the TA drivers and there was not much I needed to change, I did help them prototype it and took care of the firmware. Although I can’t remember if they did the same thing as the GT70 and used a prototype firmware as the final firmware, think I got them to use the final firmware in the mini-GT.

vestureofblood
vestureofblood's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 6 hours ago
Joined: 08/17/2012 - 15:21
Posts: 2001
Location: Missouri

Some testing I did recently for my A4 video.

In Him (Jesus Christ) was life; and the life was the light of men. And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.
http://asflashlights.com/ Everyday Carry Flashlights, plus Upgrades for Maglite.

lucasrubini
Offline
Last seen: 7 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 09/11/2018 - 14:25
Posts: 4
Location: Brazil

Do you know the runtime for this flashlight? Could not find it at lumintop.com. Thanks!

Texas_Ace
Texas_Ace's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 days 43 min ago
Joined: 03/24/2016 - 07:44
Posts: 9402
Location: Everything is brighter in Texas
lucasrubini wrote:
Do you know the runtime for this flashlight? Could not find it at lumintop.com. Thanks!

It will depend on the battery used and mostly what output level you use. On moon mode it will run for months on turbo maybe an hour.

lucasrubini
Offline
Last seen: 7 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 09/11/2018 - 14:25
Posts: 4
Location: Brazil
Texas_Ace wrote:
lucasrubini wrote:
Do you know the runtime for this flashlight? Could not find it at lumintop.com. Thanks!

It will depend on the battery used and mostly what output level you use. On moon mode it will run for months on turbo maybe an hour.

Awesome, thanks Texas! Could you recommend any battery? I’m looking for long runs for EDC.

Texas_Ace
Texas_Ace's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 days 43 min ago
Joined: 03/24/2016 - 07:44
Posts: 9402
Location: Everything is brighter in Texas
lucasrubini wrote:
Texas_Ace wrote:
lucasrubini wrote:
Do you know the runtime for this flashlight? Could not find it at lumintop.com. Thanks!

It will depend on the battery used and mostly what output level you use. On moon mode it will run for months on turbo maybe an hour.

Awesome, thanks Texas! Could you recommend any battery? I’m looking for long runs for EDC.

I like the “GA” 3500ma cells personally for most things. The 35E is another good cell.

mortuus
mortuus's picture
Offline
Last seen: 16 hours 25 min ago
Joined: 12/16/2014 - 09:33
Posts: 3126
Location: Sweden

if u dont want to use the 30q samsung high drain battery get one with as high capacity as possible like 3500mah keeppower or similar but its recommended to run unprotected.

...where Frugal meets with Flashlight!

              つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

RobertB
RobertB's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 17 min ago
Joined: 12/18/2015 - 17:49
Posts: 3742
Location: USA, Michigan
T18 wrote:
I thought about the possibility of it being glued and thought about trying heat but I remember what my bezel looked like after I did that to ano before, sort of a nice brownish color so that idea was short lived. Not even sure why I wanted to take the bezel off frankly, I just like taking lights apart I think.

My GTmini had lots of threadlocker, which covered all the threads. Using two harbor freight rubber strap wrenches, it separated nicely with some force. No marks left. There are two orings. One between the glass and the bezel, and one on the head at the base of the threads. Using a pick, some naptha, and a micro fiber cloth, the threads came clean. Re-greased with silicone grease, and the bezel comes off easy and smooth now, for future modding if I ever decide to. For right now, it’s a wonderful light just the way it is.

That thread locker will only get harder over time, so if you want to get it apart for future use, I’d do it now and not wait.

teacher
teacher's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 4 months ago
Joined: 02/23/2016 - 19:04
Posts: 9596
Location: NE & SW Alabama

RobertB wrote:

(snip)

That thread locker will only get harder over time, so if you want to get it apart for future use, I’d do it now and not wait.

Excellent advice. Thumbs Up

You never know how a horse will pull until you hook him up to a heavy load./"Bear" Bryant 

 .................................. "Slow is Smooth, Smooth is Fast" ...................................

       Texas Lumens Flashlights / M4D M4X Deals : sign up - save $$$$  

         Rudeness Level _ mΩ _ {width:70%} _ LightWiki _ LED Tint Chart  

      Xlamp size chart _ BatteryU _ Flashaholic? Need Professional Help???            TheOriginal _ TAB _ LightSearch _ BatterySearch _ 14500's _ DiCal 

 

                                             

JasonWW
JasonWW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 18 min ago
Joined: 10/22/2016 - 11:41
Posts: 12891
Location: Houston Texas

lucasrubini wrote:
Could you recommend any battery? I’m looking for long runs for EDC.

These are the best for high capacity and high quality. Sanyo/Panasonic 3500mah GA (not the old 3400mah B), LG MJ1, Samsung 35E and 36G, Sony VC7.

Keeppower rewraps some of these cells. You just have to know what is under the wrapper.

Texas Ace Lumen Tube and JoshK Sphere calibrated with Maukka lights

Click this to go to signature links. I'm still around, just not reading many new threads.

lucasrubini
Offline
Last seen: 7 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 09/11/2018 - 14:25
Posts: 4
Location: Brazil
Texas_Ace wrote:
I like the “GA” 3500ma cells personally for most things. The 35E is another good cell.
mortuus wrote:
if u dont want to use the 30q samsung high drain battery get one with as high capacity as possible like 3500mah keeppower or similar but its recommended to run unprotected.
JasonWW wrote:
These are the best for high capacity and high quality. Sanyo/Panasonic 3500mah GA (not the old 3400mah B), LG MJ1, Samsung 35E and 36G, Sony VC7. Keeppower rewraps some of these cells. You just have to know what is under the wrapper.

Awesome guys, thanks for the help. Just order my GT mini (NW), first flashlight! Big Smile

Another question: any website in US where I can order the Samsung’s 35E? Banggood does not ship to Brazil, but since my aunt is coming from the US, I’ll order from there.

RobertB
RobertB's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 17 min ago
Joined: 12/18/2015 - 17:49
Posts: 3742
Location: USA, Michigan

lucasrubini wrote:

Another question: any website in US where I can order the Samsung’s 35E? Banggood does not ship to Brazil, but since my aunt is coming from the US, I’ll order from there.

https://liionwholesale.com/collections/batteries/products/samsung-35e?va...

JasonWW
JasonWW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 18 min ago
Joined: 10/22/2016 - 11:41
Posts: 12891
Location: Houston Texas

Texas Ace Lumen Tube and JoshK Sphere calibrated with Maukka lights

Click this to go to signature links. I'm still around, just not reading many new threads.

lucasrubini
Offline
Last seen: 7 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 09/11/2018 - 14:25
Posts: 4
Location: Brazil

Lumintop BLF GT mini

Coupon code: ab8a87

Final value: US$32,00

cyclops
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 01/17/2013 - 16:33
Posts: 244
Location: USA

Looks like this code is expired. Any new code for getting the price down?

teacher
teacher's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 4 months ago
Joined: 02/23/2016 - 19:04
Posts: 9596
Location: NE & SW Alabama

Check out M4DM4X and/or ‘NealsDeals’.

You never know how a horse will pull until you hook him up to a heavy load./"Bear" Bryant 

 .................................. "Slow is Smooth, Smooth is Fast" ...................................

       Texas Lumens Flashlights / M4D M4X Deals : sign up - save $$$$  

         Rudeness Level _ mΩ _ {width:70%} _ LightWiki _ LED Tint Chart  

      Xlamp size chart _ BatteryU _ Flashaholic? Need Professional Help???            TheOriginal _ TAB _ LightSearch _ BatterySearch _ 14500's _ DiCal 

 

                                             

ZozzV6
ZozzV6's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 1 week ago
Joined: 03/24/2016 - 12:19
Posts: 2428
Location: Near to my soldering iron.

My GT mini NW is not glued. I will check my CW tomorrow.
I replaced the led with Luxeon V.

vestureofblood
vestureofblood's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 6 hours ago
Joined: 08/17/2012 - 15:21
Posts: 2001
Location: Missouri

Thanks everyone for the comments. Especially to those of you giving quality answers to the questions asked here since some how I deleted the message that said I had updates on this thread. LOL!!!!!

In Him (Jesus Christ) was life; and the life was the light of men. And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.
http://asflashlights.com/ Everyday Carry Flashlights, plus Upgrades for Maglite.

luca955i
luca955i's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 weeks 1 day ago
Joined: 09/27/2017 - 04:54
Posts: 14
Location: Italia

Hello everyone, I noticed around the spill, a very well defined ring, which I have never seen in any other torch that I own. According to you it is normal, or maybe the LED is mounted too far / high. Mine is NW

Thanks in advance

Pages