【Brass on Sale】Wurkkos TS10 "slender waist" 14500 triple LEDs Light with Anduril 2.0

1517 posts / 0 new
Last post
Boaz
Boaz's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 5 hours ago
Joined: 11/07/2010 - 09:31
Posts: 8052
Location: Birthplace of Aviation

The light will just get hot and the output will drastically reduce itself to keep the light safe . I’m pretty sure you can’t make it self destruct or become less reliable then it already is . 
 I was late to the party on this light but when Black Friday deals came around I had to pull the trigger on this little light . 
 Got a Red 6000k w/ red aux lites 

and 

A  Brass 4000k w/cyan aux . << I knew while ordering that blue was a mistake and the only real answer is    RED !!!!.. guess I have to get another Silly

 

 
Absolutely zero buyers remorse Just buy them 

                 υμεις εστε το φως του κοσμου ου δυναται πολις κρυβηναι επανω ορους κειμενη

                            Dc-fix diffuser film  >…  http://budgetlightforum.com/node/42208

jon_slider
jon_slider's picture
Online
Last seen: 14 min 44 sec ago
Joined: 09/08/2015 - 12:20
Posts: 6866
Location: Central North America
voul10 wrote:
I want to receive 200 or 300 lumens at the very least and I will configure my light’s thermal ceiling to 50 or 55 as the quoted post. What I wonder is, how does durability change between these values?

I actually get about 300 lumens from the default ceiling of 120/150, using 50C thermal limit, and a full battery.

I do not think a higher thermal limit is needed, but, you can experiment and decide for yourself.

Higher thermal limit can make the light too hot to touch. It might not hurt the electronics, but it could hurt your skin.

Suggest you wait until you have the light, and have some first hand experience, before trying to decide how many lumens you actually need.

It is a small light, more than bright enough for indoor distances, without even needing to use the Ceiling.

Boaz wrote:
I knew while ordering that blue was a mistake and the only real answer is    RED !!!!..
Agree.. Red is the Way.. LOL!

I only need to see the Aux in the dark, and Low Red works great for that.

otoh, for people that want to see the Aux during the day, Low Blue can do that.

voul10
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 1 hour ago
Joined: 11/29/2022 - 05:05
Posts: 37

Thanks for the answers, its good to hear I can’t damage it with 50 or 55. Now I must wait 2 weeks :D.

I also ordered one with red aux, though I also wonder how orange looks.. If they release a new-better version, I might try orange then.

zoulas
zoulas's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 57 min ago
Joined: 06/01/2020 - 08:35
Posts: 2815

Just got the brass TS10, it’s quite nice.

Lumaine Moore
Lumaine Moore's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 58 min ago
Joined: 08/28/2022 - 11:50
Posts: 79
Location: Dhaka

From the Anduril 2 text user manual, it is mentioned that while in lockout mode:

– 3C: Unlock and go to “Off” mode

But I cant do this on my TS10.

Can anyone else try it and comment?

Thanks

shirnask
shirnask's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 13 min ago
Joined: 03/21/2016 - 23:58
Posts: 1418
Location: Louisiana

Works for me. Checked several TS 10’s

Lumaine Moore
Lumaine Moore's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 58 min ago
Joined: 08/28/2022 - 11:50
Posts: 79
Location: Dhaka
shirnask wrote:
Works for me. Checked several TS 10’s

Thanks for testing.

Did you test in Advanced or Simple mode?

Lightbringer
Lightbringer's picture
Offline
Last seen: 51 min 29 sec ago
Joined: 08/30/2016 - 14:12
Posts: 18030
Location: nyc

Lumaine Moore wrote:
From the Anduril 2 text user manual, it is mentioned that while in lockout mode:

– 3C: Unlock and go to “Off” mode

But I cant do this on my TS10.

Can anyone else try it and comment?

No go for me. Just 3 moonlight flashes. Needs 4C to shake it loose.

Then again, mine has the old/glitchy version, so…

(black, 4000K, orange aux)

09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

Lumaine Moore
Lumaine Moore's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 58 min ago
Joined: 08/28/2022 - 11:50
Posts: 79
Location: Dhaka

Lightbringer wrote:
Lumaine Moore wrote:
From the Anduril 2 text user manual, it is mentioned that while in lockout mode:

– 3C: Unlock and go to “Off” mode

But I cant do this on my TS10.

Can anyone else try it and comment?

No go for me. Just 3 moonlight flashes. Needs 4C to shake it loose.

Then again, mine has the old/glitchy version, so…

(black, 4000K, orange aux)

Thanks for testing.

My TS10 has the new fixed FW. black/orange 4000k.

TIFisher
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 41 min ago
Joined: 11/26/2020 - 11:43
Posts: 579
Location: USA

The two TS10 of mine with original FW version do not reset Lockout to off with 3C, and it doesn’t matter whether “Simple” or “Advanced” mode. However the two with the updated firmware function as published for 3C in lockout, and indeed set the light back to OFF.

Lumaine Moore
Lumaine Moore's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 58 min ago
Joined: 08/28/2022 - 11:50
Posts: 79
Location: Dhaka
TIFisher wrote:
The two TS10 of mine with original FW version do not reset Lockout to off with 3C, and it doesn’t matter whether “Simple” or “Advanced” mode. However the two with the updated firmware function as published for 3C in lockout, and indeed set the light back to OFF.

Thanks for the replies. I just figured out my TS10 has old FW Facepalm . The Wurkkos support confirmed before I ordered that they were shipping fixed FW and when I checked myself, I guess the orange LEDs were too dim that I missed it.

shirnask
shirnask's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 13 min ago
Joined: 03/21/2016 - 23:58
Posts: 1418
Location: Louisiana
Lumaine Moore wrote:
shirnask wrote:
Works for me. Checked several TS 10’s

Thanks for testing.

Did you test in Advanced or Simple mode?

Advanced mode. All those I checked were the latest FW version. I do have one from the original batch and after the other replies I checked it and it does not work on that one

voul10
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 1 hour ago
Joined: 11/29/2022 - 05:05
Posts: 37

Do you use aux at high setting? I mean, it depletes battery in 3 days(from what I learned). Isn’t that too short, or do you charge your battery every two days?

sbslider
sbslider's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 3 days ago
Joined: 01/22/2017 - 13:41
Posts: 1720
Location: United States

yes and no. I modded my light to reduce the aux brighness a bit and significantly increase the battery life.

PocketSammich wrote: I don’t need this, but I want it. Please sign me up.

Plasmatoast
Offline
Last seen: 18 hours 57 min ago
Joined: 04/08/2021 - 18:35
Posts: 173
Location: Maine, USA

So, I’ve been waiting for those Cu and Ti versions… How are those coming ?

xevious
xevious's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 12 hours ago
Joined: 02/27/2013 - 21:55
Posts: 3515
Location: Hoboken, NJ USA

voul10 wrote:
Do you use aux at high setting? I mean, it depletes battery in 3 days(from what I learned). Isn’t that too short, or do you charge your battery every two days?
Frankly, the high aux LED setting is just a novelty. I don’t really see a practical use for it. It’s WAY too bright to use as a flashlight locator. Momentarily as a moonlight mode is too bright. Frankly, I wish Wurkkos reduced the high mode by 50%. The low? It’s nicely dim, enough to be useful as a locator but not a really significant drain.

My TS10 aux LED usage: Low aux is the setting for lockout. At night, I lock out the TS10, so aux LEDs are on in low. To use as a “bathroom assist,” just momentary holding of the switch delivers moonlight. Works great. In the morning? Take the TS10 out of lockout, with no aux LEDs on.

Pages