Ultrafire headlamp: where's the thread about connecting the strap a different way?

Hi there. Sorry to make a new thread just for this, but can anyone point me to the thread where someone described how he rearranged the strap/band on his Ultrafire UF-H? headlamp to make it more stable?

There is a photograph at the top of this thread.

Ultimately, it’s all about focussing the weight of the headlight to be directly adjacent to the threading buckles, as opposed to having the weight isolated in the middle of a flexible strap. I doubt I’d ever be able to explain my precise method, although I’m sure there are many ways of doing this.

Thanks Sool. I had found that photo a couple of days ago. I tried your method (it took me a while to reproduce what you did but I managed it), and it’s true, there’s significantly less bouncing, but I found that one of the buckles pressed against my forehead and that was uncomfy after about 5 minutes, so I changed it back to the stock arrangement.

If the rubber holder were rigid plastic or firm rubber, except for the loops that go around the light, that would be better, but I doubt we’ll ever see such a holder.

One day I might try to figure out how to fasten or glue something rigid onto the flat part of the holder.

That’s interesting, because I can honestly say that I’ve never noticed any discomfort, and during winter months I wear my light for over an hour each time.

This is possibly because I have the harder plastic buckles hard against the softer rubber lamp holder, which in turn protects my head from the hardness of the plastic.

Another route would be to stitch a piece of softer material behind the holder/buckle arrangement, to act as protection.

I use my light for winter dog walking, and found that reducing the bounciness made a huge difference to how I perceived this light.

If it’s not too personal a question, how big is your head? :slight_smile:

I ask because I also found that the strap was a little bit tight when I had it arranged your way. It didn’t make me dizzy or anything, but I prefer it a little looser.

I’ll try some variations on your method and see if they work better for me.

Yeah I use mine for dog walking too. I have the headlamp on the lowest or 2nd lowest level, and I hold another light in my hand, hanging down at my side, so I can see shadows on the trail better.

A piece of string around my head at headband level measures 23”

My Ultrafire headband folded in half measure 8” (including rubber) so it effectively has a relaxed circumference of 16”

Alternate solution posted here: