How did we do? (FastTech.com)

7C is warmest at around 3k temp.

24 by my count now, yikes! I'm all for selections, but this is somewhat too much to choose, haha. Probably FT should allow order-option like ebay and BIC instead of bundling as different SKUs.

Starting around $13, kinda beats the price buying and modding stuff. We can be lazy now. ;)

Though as an irony, lots of modding stuff added today. The 20mm kapton is almost half DX price, I just hope it's the real thing.

Doesnt that tape actually do the opposite of heat transfer?
It looks like it is Blocking the heat, to move any further……… or isn`t that correct?

Quite so, it’s electrical and thermal insulator. Many uses when playing with components, e.g covering to prevent contact with solder iron, or just setting things temporarily in place.

One of its main uses is on Li-Ion cells and Li-Poly packs to cover tabs and metal strips from protection PCBs. It works quite well and has a semi-permanent bond (it can be removed if you want to).
It is not a heat transfer tape, it can handle high temps rather good though.

I was excited about the Kapton tape, but looking at the picture it says "Kaptan"

I just spent 75 more bucks, and that didn't include any flashlights, emitters, or drivers.

I picked up one of their cheap AVR programmer, so we'll see if that works just as well as my USBtinyISP.

Holy cow on those convoys! If only I waited a few days, I could have got one for half of what I just paid. :frowning:

Do i4´s have that EU-type cord by standard or did you purchase it separately?

Eneloops listed today :

AAA http://www.fasttech.com/products/1/10002660/1197401-authentic-sanyo-hr-4utgb-eneloop-rechargeable-12v-
AA http://www.fasttech.com/products/1/10002660/1197300-authentic-sanyo-hr-3utga-eneloop-rechargeable-12v-
AA http://www.fasttech.com/products/1/10002660/1197400-authentic-sanyo-hr-3uwxa-eneloop-2400mah-ni-mh-rec

good pricing, if not available locally.

I just got my first order. Came USPS First Class. Placed the order 12-26, everything seems ok. Charging the batteries now, they came in holders, nice. Will try everything in the next couple of days. So far, very happy, think I will order again, pleased.

My Order about 68 dollars.

4 Panasonic 3100
2 Fandy 2200
2 U2 Stars
4 Drivers
2 Big Drop-Ins

Thanks, Satisfied So Far

ordered 2x panasonic ncr18650A 3100 on 29.12.2012 it was shipped on the same day and i received the package today on 10.1.2013 and nothing came from China to Europe as fast as this order. Thank you fasttech, you got 1 more satisfied costumer :slight_smile:

Thank you again everyone for your comments. We have been a bit caught up dealing with support tickets and virtually all of them are caused by shipping carriers (USPS namely).

FastTech makes sure in-stock products are shipped in 2 business days (Monday to Friday). In the past 2 months there has been about 10 to 12 packages that took longer than this due to a few different reasons. We have fixed each and all of those issues after they were discovered.

Virtually all of the increased tickets relate to in-transit times. May we ask everyone to change the phrase “fast delivery” to “timely shipping” (trying to be humble). We think fast delivery makes many think that we can somehow guarantee delivery time. We’d love to, but USPS doesn’t allow us to do that :(.

Here are some common “complaints” about shipping (warning: it’s a long read):

1. When the regular airmail is selected, be prepared for a 30 business day delivery time frame (40 calendar days or so). Short of making it blinking red, we have made this as clear as possible on the check out page. Many (mostly non-BLF customers) don’t seem to notice it and complain after a week or two later. We believe this is source of most, if not all “slowtech” complaints. Quick fix would be to discontinue the regular airmail shipping option. We are torn because many customers are happily using this shipping service.

2. When packages are reported lost or returned, we arrange replacements immediately. A dozen customers reported non-delivery despite the fact that USPS shows delivery. In these cases we have to ask customers to sign and e-mail us an USPS claim form and we’ll then send that to HK Post and USPS. It takes the two post offices anywhere between 15 to 60 days to respond to us. This is unfortunate but these are beyond us and we really have no reason to slow things down. We offer the option for customers to place a second order, and refund them in full when the “lost order” is confirmed lost so that they can get what they wanted without the insane wait.

We know that no one likes any of this but unfortunately unless we blindly send replacements, there doesn’t seems to be a better viable option. Any thoughts on this anyone?

2. USPS first-class is pretty fast — I’m sure many fellows here would agree. Excluding Christmas, data shows that about 95% of all USPS shipments were delivered within 9 business days while the remaining 5% did take longer. The longest one (with a correct ship-to address) so far took 25 calendar days to deliver. If your address is 100% correct and your order is taking longer than 14 days, we strongly recommend you to call USPS at 1-800-ASK-USPS (800-275-8777).

A limited few BLF or CPF customers complained after 10 to 11 days their packages were sent (USPS) and demanded refund. Unfortunately we do not have the ability to cancel packages that are in transit. We do have a money back guarantee so if the order took too long to deliver, feel free to request a RMA and return it to us for a refund.

To clarify, for mission critical time-guaranteed shipping, we can custom arrange UPS and FedEx. E-mail us or open a ticket for that. Shipping charges are hefty in general though and that’s they aren’t available in checkout. The Speedpost Global Express we offer right now is time guaranteed to some destinations including USA, UK, and Canada.

Thank you everyone for reading this insanely long post! :slight_smile:

Jasmine

We’re pretty sure your order is shipped but PM us your order number and we’ll find out what’s going on.

Thanks Jasmine!

You guys are setting the standard by which all other’s are judged.
Great Job FastTech.

Thanks,
Keith

Thanks for keeping us posted, Jasmine!
Would have been nice if you’d have addressed the bad packaging issue which was brought up in this thread by several members (myself included).

I have some more packages coming from you. Hope they will be better packaged and arrive a bit faster now that the holiday season is over.

We have definitely heard you on the batteries. Thanks to the feedback here, the packaging process has dramatically improved for the batteries. All orders shipped since Monday should have individual wrapping and packaging for each battery cell.

We have also been told of broken battery cases. Packaging on those has been improved as well.

Let us know if you notice other things like this, we are eager to hear them.

Dear FastTech please add these products

Nichia high CRI 219 emitters
16mm XML, XPG MCPCBs
Teflon wires

+1

Just a little curious here:

Why is there a DealExtreme branded laser pointer on the FastTech site???

http://www.fasttech.com/products/1/10002672/1198300-dx-5mw-532nm-green-laser-pointer-pen

Oooo, they now have the 380 mA 7135s, some DIY hosts, and a Convoy gift set.

http://www.fasttech.com/products/1420/10002357/1190100

These batteries are taken out of other industrial products and are sold AS-IS.