What you got today

The mail brought a long waited for piece. And it sidetracked me from the other things I should be doing… :person_facepalming:

It is the last piece of hardware I needed to get into flashing firmware!! So I sorted out the wiring, loaded the PC with the MHV AVR Tools and found a loose driver with an attiny13a on it; a MTN-17DD. Then I ran the test command.

I did get a warning: “cannot set sck period. please check for usbasp firmware update.”
I also ran the copy command and it did produce 4 files as the instructions I was using stated should happen. The same error about “sck” was produced too. I have no idea was “sck” is so am about to search for that as well as check if there is a usbasp firmware update.

It’s all new to me.

Next will be to flash (I keep wanting to say ‘burn’) new firmware to a nanjg I have in the shop.

That’s a red led that is lit… is that good? There’s another led on the board. I have to search out what those indicate. I had to post this first small success though as I figure connecting the wires and then clipping onto the MCU correctly is a good first step. :) :)

One more thing. What do I need to make it easy to see what those lines of hex code actually do? As I said this is all new to me.

I’m no expert Don but you have to copy the Hex file into a Command Prompt from AvrDude.

Pretty Cool Don.
No expert either, only 3 flashes under my belt.
I never ran the tests you did. Never even opened AVRDude. I have only sent the commands from CMD prompt. One thing I found for the easy route is the MtnE bat file.
Link to the post with link to bat file
So far that bat file has worked without any changes for me.

Bought this from a recent Gearbest sale. I don’t need them, but I want them!! Finely-made instruments…

….and though Gearbest’s product page Q and A about the Wowstick says they are not compatible with it, I found them not to be true: their bits can used on either tool!

Received today; the newly released 10th anniversary Olight ION. If not familiar, here's the Olight LINK.

Today I received a small package from Sofirn. Inside I got a SP10B, a driver for the SP10A, some rubber switches, a “larger” battery tube for the SP10A (to fit AA and Ni-MH) and 2 Sofirn 14500 Li-Ion batteries 3.7V 900mAh.

I just want to post this, as I fount it interesting:

They are smaller than the Sanyo UR14500P (son they are not rewrapped Sanyo 14500), and the wrapping was covering the bottom, so later I cut the wrapping a little bit to make it go well on the charger.

They were not fully “depleted” when I started charging them. One was at 2.91V, an the other 3.00V. They ended charge at 870mAh and the other at 912mAh. I found this interesting.
I guess HKJ has some on the way and he’ll be able to provide a real test on these, but so far, in what concerns to capacity, they seem to perform as “expected”. About the rest, sorry, I’m not able to make a good test :person_facepalming:

My 65” LG OLED TV arrived today! I don’t wan’t to take a chance moving it to the TV stand myself, so I called a buddy of mine to help me move it later today. I took the pictures with my moto x pure. It takes great outdoor pictures, but inside it sucks.

Screen shot with Sony a 6000

WHOOMP THERE IT IS!!! :smiley: :beer:

DAMMITTTT !! I WANT ONE !!! :+1:

Nice. :sunglasses:

Kinda crappy but mine does work. Good for the money I think. I did buy a second one for the $2.79 deal.

Yeah, it’s cheap, but it’s my first digital caliper, so I’m excited to receive it. :slight_smile:

Just bounce that Q8 off the ceiling and your photos will look All-Pro. :wink:

I finally got my big momma on the wall the other day too :slight_smile:

Congrats Glenn, my friend has that TV and it’s unreal

lionheart, nice wall mount install. What speakers are those? Mine are all Polk Audio except for the sub which is a Definitive Audio Super Cube II. My rear speakers are wall mounted.

Mission speakers. I wonder what amp is he using. I saw them in magazine before but I have forgotten the maker name.

My amp is a Cambridge Audio 540R Surround Receiver V 2. 85 watts per 6 channels. More than enough for my needs

Harman kardon?

Mission speakers and Harmon Kardon, nice spotting guys

How’s the new TV?