What you got today

One reported shortcoming of the E09 design was that the inside of the battery tube is anodized so there can be issues with the battery contact spring not having a good electrical connection to the tube. Kreisler is the resident E09 guru; maybe he can give you some tips if he sees this thread...

Sorry to hear that Glenn… That sucks!! Good luck to you…

i got the defiant armormax

cool pics, thanks for the link.

unfortunately, it is near midnight there so cams don’t show much.

btw, chrome has trouble w/ the links to cams, and it also doesn’t translate the last sentence well

“Home being run as a hobby and will contain most of the elements, which many are a bit concerned.”

Arduino starter kit.

Got a bottle of legal moonshine. Great for cleaning flux off circuit boards, and making you smile. I've been smiling all day today.

I want to thank the unnamed BLF member for recommending this stuff :)

A small caution with these tip cleaners. I’ve found that they tend to degrade the tip faster than just a wet sponge. I think it scrapes the tip over time and removes the plating. Once you start using one of these, you may find that the tip needs to be cleaned more and more often. Of course, YMMV. It could be the tips (authentic HAKKO so I don’t think they are low quality), but without the tip cleaner, I can use a tip for a very long time. Maybe a month or two with using a cleaner.

That might help with your foot too :wink: Sorry to hear that it might be a fracture. Hoping that you get better news from the X-ray.
I sprained my ankle as a kid; I fell 8 feet from a barn loft onto a transmission. My lucky day, I guess; I could have fallen head-first.

Thanks for the input. Strange, I have chrome too and did not have problems with the links to the cameras.
Hope I get the new camera installed at the weekend, it will have a better picture (resolution).
Is that’s your dogs on your avatar

Arrived in 3 days! Wonderful!

Have not tried it yet. Still waiting for my 18650s to arrive :bigsmile:

keltex pointed out very correctly the 2 possible issues with the Tank E09, also repeatedly mentioned in the review: the insulation (easily fixable) or the continuity of the battery compartment (rear spring + body, fixable but not easily done at all, ojo!). Removing the spring with simple tools will deform the spring and things (continuity/connectivity issues) could get worse, so whatever one tries to do (e.g. twisting/rotating the installed spring) has to be done with some care. personally, i’d ask the seller to send a FREE replacement light or body :slight_smile: Yep, veeery narrow tube. It’s a challenge, that’s all i can say haha!

My TK75 arrived today :party:

Ordered 11/2 from hkequipment…

What about deanodizing the inner tube with a syringe and a drop of H2O+NAOH?

good idea. will work.

who has NAOH in their household?

I only has NACL in da kitchen ;)

Hmmm.... Fill the tube with greased lightning?

http://www.amazon.com/Greased-Lightning-Cleaner-32-oz/dp/B003UNT9HO/

Today I got nothing, expected Fenix PD32 but nothing arrived, how depressing :slight_smile:

BILLS, BILLS, BILLS…!

inevitable, what happens when you expect things in your mailbox, I suppose.

I have it for developing pcbs and for deanodizing…you have just too look on the ingredients if it is in it like the above mentioned lightning grease or so…
Abflussreiniger? Drano irgendwas zum beispiel….

To find out if the spring is faulty you can try to make the paperclip trick like scaru mentioned in the paperclip trick thread.
My tank007 e09 is working but I don’t like it since I have an olight i3 which is far better and smoother in everything.

Always exciting to get something in the mail.

I’m very grateful for a free Maglite LED upgrade from Itinifni.

Plus a wonderful Leica lens for the DST from Phil. At the 300 yard distance for my most frequent target out back, it really brightens/sharpens the field of view to the eye.

Fully adjustable wall mount for my new Screen (Eizo!). Monitor should ne here next week, new computer tomorrow or beginning of next week.