What you got today

I got the ultrafire c3 SS q5 1mode from t-mart. 11 bucks shipped.

Wow, that was fast. Thanks.

Still no mammut MT. I did get a parcel from manafont. I don't even remember ordering it. It had the dreaded green sticker "opened by australia post for inspection by customs". I had bought a lighter which has a lame led in it, maybe they thought it was a laser. I noticed they did not wrap it up properly. Also was a box containing a small crkt knife in a sheath. 2 weeks post is ok.

Yesterday I came home to 2 yellow envelopes, both from DX . One with a few 8.4V 5-mode drivers and another with 3 holsters (1 lg & 2 sm).

Can you please tell a it more about 8.4V 5-mode drivers? Which ones, for what purpose and why you have chosen particulary one. Thanks!

I got this one to test out in my mini-mag builds to be used with XM-L’s. They are tested to pull 1.0A with a P4 and 1.2A with an XR-E Q5. I’m hoping to get 1.4A with an XM-L which should provide 400-500 lumen and pretty decent runtime from two 14500 Li-Ions. Sure wish it pushed another amp but it’s almost impossible to find a 17mm 8.4V driver with modes, let alone one that pushes out 2.5A or more.

If it's not up to snuff I have other options to explore. ;)

Johnny

I got my XTAR 2600mAh 18700 batteries today. And I have *nothing* else on the way. How about that! Wonder how long I can make that last?

If you want to make that last, order some nexTorch flashlight lube from DX. They've been back-ordered for 6 weeks now.

On the upside, with Canada Post back to work, I got my first envelope in far, FAR too long:

XML U2 on 16mm, Tank007 E07, and 5 extra clicky switches.

ahhhhh. :P

In my never ending quest to find the headlamp that is moddable to be a P-60 host. I got my first order from Focalprice and they shipped me a different headlamp than the one I ordered so the quest continues. In an effort to out do Tmart I had the most aggravating live chat session of my life. Foclaprice refuses to let me file an RMA they have a multitiered level of protection against filing an RMA including a moat filled with alligators a draw bridge and they are surrounded by the great wall of China, so I will probably be filing my first Paypal dispute.

I also got a really cool flashlight from Manafont that charges anything with a USB port or a million adapters that came with it with an 18650 cell.

http://www.manafont.com/product_info.php/8in1-emergency-power-station-for-mobile-phones-flashlight-function-p-1774

Can you change the battery?

Trustfire flames come in 10440 now?

I want some.

Link please?

I got myself some o-rings!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260747948005&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Thinking of getting the thinner ones too.

750 o-rings is a LOT of o-rings!

Finally received an order from Shiningbeam today, after Canada Post was legislated back to work this week:

JetBeam BA20 [2 AA - 30/270 lumens] and Itp A3 Eos [ 1 AAA - 1.8 / 22 / 96 lumens] Xp-g r5's.

JetBeam seems quite sturdy, easy to switch low & high modes, twisty head. It does get reasonably warm on high. I'm sure I'll have a blast with this one, maybe take it in the bathtub and play Jacques Cousteau.

Itp seems handy, i'll try it out on my key chain and see how it feels. I'm sure it'll be useful when poking around under the hood or looking under the seat for loose change. I like the low-medium-high order. I have to be deliberate in switching modes though, if not then the light seems to flicker between modes.

That's it. Most powerful lights I ever owned. I'll play with them tonight more, when hunting racoons...there's a family of 5 babies and 2 adults in the backyard. Cute but bold little buggers.

3 one mode Gray Ultrafire C3 for gifts. Nice flashlights. Not for use with alkaline since them pull 1.9 Amps from batteries. Brighter than my Fenix L2D Q5 in turbo mode. Not bad.

I've been lurking here long enough so I might as throw out a first post:

Newest additions... DQG Tiny II - Neutral White (XP-G R4)

Xeno E03 - Neutral White (XM-L T6)

Edit: Hmm it says that's my second post. Oops. lol

Welcome to BLF, Kindle! Glad to see you come out from the shadows. Nice lights, BTW. ;)

Thanks!

So far they are both exceeding my expectations.

Oddly enough I spent a while today lecturing a patient about lithium ion battery safety. She really doesn't get it - or want to. I tell her not to charge cells in series, what does she do? She tries to charge 6 of them together.

And forgot all about this sitting on my desk all day - I can now safely say it doesn't burn hospitals down. It also happily takes flame Trustfires which are the longest 18650s I have.

Must get some testing done on it soon.

It is actually a lot smaller than I expected.

I'd love to know how it makes sense (not least financially) for stuff from Shenzen to get posted by Singapore Post. It is about 2500km from Shenzen to Singapore. Since Singapore Post tends to be faster than HK Post and much faster than China Post, I'm not complaining but I do wonder...

Welcome to BLF Kindle - have fun here!