What you got today

It probably would have been a lot less aggravation wasting 30 seconds then chucking it in the trash instead of screwing with a cheap knockoff for hours when I had better things to be doing.

On a series note 991 posts 9 more and we hit the magic 1000 posts for "What you got today"

only the finest from dino direct man..only the finest...

i put alkalines on the dung light and my 5yo son has been happy with it

I got the Dino light today also. 30 seconds on alkalines was all it could take. I liked their white envelope though.

crappy thing about is if you pop a new driver in there and a q5 you've already spent more than 8$ on parts lol..

Mine came in an over sized box. I was impressed with the wrapping but its kinda like wrapping a dog turd and giving it to someone. I thought mine was a one off but it looks like they are all dung.

I received a Uniquefire UF-2100 XM-L T6 5-Mode from DinoDirect for $11.54. I actually ordered the 3-Mode, but since the flashlight has perfect memory I won't complain. Compared to what others have received from DD lately, I got extremely lucky.

I also got an Ultrafire Nylon Flashlight Holster from GoodLuckBuy for free. All in all, not too shabby.

Just out of curiosity could you tell me how many amps it pulls on high please and thank you.

I got 2 of the Ultrafire 18350 liion batteries today, need them for a special project. I tried if they fit in one of my 16340 lights, but they are too wide in diameter. Voltage was 3,84V and 3,88V.

C'mon guys, one post to 1000!

Could not resist being post 1000 in this thread . I got nothing today but I did just shoot 2 under par playing disc golf with my son and my brother .

YESSSSSSSSSSS !

EDIT : What I got today ?

I Got Game .

I was hoping post 1000 would be good and it was. You Sir, do have game.

The wife just gave me six flashlights when she got home from work today. Granted, they are the super-cheap Multi-LED lights that run on 3xAAA that you can buy everywhere, but she got them free, which is the best budget price I know of. I already had several of these but you can't have too many flashlights, especially with kids that like to "borrow" them. :D

Got one of these babies:

I have yet to use it so for all I know, the blade might be made out of pure, triple-hardened, patent-pending craptinium but the one thing that does stand out, as far as I am concerned, is the sheath because it actually deserves the name. It's not perfect by any means but at least it's not another loosely-fitting, nylon thingie that renders an otherwise nice fixed blade absolutely and utterly useless.

Why this knife came wrapped in more than a dozen layers of tin foil (I kid you not; and just to be clear, this is perfectly legal to own here, I didn't request any extra packaging material, performed on a closed course by a professional driver, etc.), I'll probably never know. No bubble wrap, no plastic of any kind, just tin foil. I guess I'll just save the tin foil and rule the world when the brain slugs come to Earth or something.

Sorry, I don't have a multimeter. :(

I want that. But I must resist! Oh no.. here comes the cat again. Get away from the keyboard. Stop it! Stop it!

Blame it on the cat....good one. lol

The 3 mode hot spot looks better than my 5 mode. Put it in my L2T. Much easier to use with the forward clicky.

Dangit, I'm excited! Just ordered the Ultrafire C8 xml T6, 2 UF rechargable 18650s, and the charger base. $49 and some odd out the door from Manafont. Whoohoo! It's gonna be 3 long weeks of waiting, maybe, but I have ease of mind because I knew I wasn't going to stop coveting until I bit the bullet and bought one. My first XML. Oh man!

I got the Fenix HP11 from Manafont http://www.manafont.com/product_info.php/fenix-hp11-r5-led-277-lumen-ipx6-head-light-p-7326

Fitting the headbands is not easy, there is no explanation in the manual.

I tried it first with Top Craft LSD batteries, but it did not work... Then i tried GP Recyko's, and with these it works perfect. The "+" of the Top Crafts does not stick out far enough, that is why it does not make contact in the battery case. I can fix that with a Dremel, but i don't like to do that with a brandnew light from a "top class" manufacturer. On a budget light it can be normal to make some minor changes to let it work correct, but i did not expext it on a more expensive Fenix...

Do not leave the batteries in the battery case if you don't need it for a long time, because there is a leak current of 0,054mA if it is switched off. It will take more than 2 years to deplete 2000mAh batteries (888 days) completely, but if you use alkaline batteries, they will leak if they are empty. That way is is better to keep a set of batteries next to the headlight so you can use them when you need the headlight. If you use it every day, than you do not have to worry about the leak current.

It is very bright, and easy to use with the two switches and hidden flashing modes. There are 4 brightness levels: High (0,74A) mid (0,26A) low (0,094A) and very low (0,0065A).

I have compared it with the Ultrafire P10 R5 http://www.dealextreme.com/p/ultrafire-p10-r5-cree-xr-g-r5-5-mode-350-lumen-memory-led-flashlight-1-18650-42972 and it seems to be brighter with the 277 Ansi (Fenix) lumen than the 350 (DX) lumen of the Ultrafire P10-R5.

Fenix Ansi lumen are brighter than DX lumen...

I like that!