What you got today

Yep thats the one

4 Trustfire Flame 18650's from Manafont

Not a happy camper. 1 out of the 4 is dead. Tested with my Fluke 189 mutimeter, no voltage. Tried charging, but my charger doesn't see the battery. Probably a defective protection circuit. Sent Manafont a message, we'll see how they handle it...

Update: Got an email from Audrey within 12hours:

Hello Glenn,

Thank you very much for your inquiry.

I will be helping to resolve this issue for you. I think it is appropriate to file this Claim Log for you.

To file one, I will need the following information from you.
1) Pictures of the product you received (indication of product defect is critical)
2) Picture of Product along with the parcel packaging (with shipping address shown)

I will gather the information and do my best to file it for you. Replacement/spare part can be issue to you soon after the incident is reviewed and approved.

Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. Please let me know if you have any other question. I will do my best to help you

Yours faithfully,

Audrey
Senior - Customer Services Team
Manafont.com

I'm very impressed with Audrey's responsiveness.

I sent him a few pictures including this one.

Thank you and ordered.

At long last, my DQG Tiny II has appeared.

It was probably there all the time but it was too small for you to notice it had been delivered...........

I want another DQG Tiny II.

Received Neutral + driver mod Skyline I and Sky Ray SS 18650 from Spambot.

Skyline is now the nicest neutral tint I have, even better than "5A" neutrals from DX, or the Xeno E03. Bright even on 1 cell and now my favorite thrower. The digital tailcaps on these is quite clever (infinite adjust, hidden flashy mode) and it's too bad Solarforce doesn't make them for their L2's (this one doesn't quite fit) because it's perfect for 1 mode regulated drop-ins and would be a quite profitable item at maybe ~10-15$.

The Sky Ray has a very nice exterior and everything else (beam, power) is as you'd expect. Get one if you want a SS 18650.

Nicely packed and swell guy to buy from. Recommend getting his stuff if he has more to sell. I'm already way over budget for now. :)

I got my Callies Kustoms 18650 from xxllmm4. What a great deal, FREE! Im charging it right now, cant wait to see what it can do. Thanks again xxllmm4. Great gift and much appreciated! OH, great packaging also.

http://callieskustoms.com/CalliesKustoms-Batteries.html

Got a 16gb HP Touchpad from B&H Photo today, finally after a week of canceled orders. Hitting the pavement sometimes brings better result than online ordering

Lucky bastard. I've been trying all week without success.

Ditto. I thought I had one from Barnes and Noble, but it got canceled

Yeah I work nearby the store and when it went live that they had some on SD I went for it. People were literally running into the store (picture a ton of NYC cabs on front of a building with people running into a burning building) and up the stairs. usually I stay away from this kind of madness but it was too close to pass up. It was very well handled by B&h staff and orderly once you made it to the line. Also very fluid, In and out in about 30min. That's not long if you could see the line. I would not be suprised if more "turn up" in the next week. The market on Ebay and Craigslist is already gettin saturated with those that copped 10+ hoping to make huge profits . The price will come down on those soon, Prob not $99/$149 but still lower than any other tablet in it's class

EDIT:

/Post 1150

I got one from Best Buy when they had them online for like 10min. There were stories of people who shipped them to the store got it stolen (of course they didn't pay, but still). It's really crazy.

In hindsight, maybe I should've gotten a few as gifts, lol.

Well I still have orders with CostCentral 524,1xx 6:25 pm 1x16GB, and if you look at the SD wiki for Costcentral there is hope for that order.

B&N, OnSale/Amazon, and CDW all canceled my order. Hey it was like order from wherever you could, You would end up with 8 TP or possibly none. but if you end up with 8 no prob unloading them with in an hour on CL or take em to the Bay.

If i get it it goes to my mother :)

If all my other orders went thru they would have gone to friends at cost :)

I'm nice people, that's why I like BLF !

Yeah, I had an order w/ B&N that was canceled, too. There are literally hundreds of thousands of these unsold, but with the frankly insane news surrounding them, it looks like they could've easily sold a million or two.

Too bad HP is now screwed by trying to be another IBM. Even w/ cloud they're behind the curve.

As far as WebOs yes behind the curve. the hardware is OC'able (TP) and with the potential to have an Android build for it makes it a hot piece for now. HP guy has said that they may sell off WebOs to other devs, so who knows what may come. All I know is that I have a tablet for $99 that works well now, aside from the lack of apps, its a useable platform for web browsing and media playback.

It is less than many smartphones right now, a good catch if you can get one at the new retail price. The consumer really needs to look at what they NEED. Agent, did you get to update(HP) it yet? I keep getting a break in the DL

I got a Touchpad from Best Buy online, it actually showed up today!

I had also ordered one for my sister from onSale through amazon. I got a cancellation notice on that one yesterday. Pretty upsetting, but what can you do. I probably just should have kept ordering like you guys said and unloaded the extras on ebay or something.

Congo Rats! Enjoy it even if you don't "mod" it's nice piece at it's price point. I was going to wait for a sale on an Asus Transformer. perfect timing...

I may very well go to the android OS, when I read about a stable release. A little OC on this would be nice and the larger selection of apps would be great. One prob I have now, the gpu in here is pretty killer for a tablet, I heard. I wanna see the 3d I action, but I don't want to pay for a 3d game.

No, I haven't got a chance to play w/ it yet.

I was talking about HP's recent shareholder call and the apparent new direction to ditch all their revenue in HW and only do services. IBM could pull it off because, well, they're IBM and established in the sector. Buying some tiny cloud company and pretending they can contend w/ IBM seems like a fool's errand.