Wallbuys.com [AVOID]

Okay. Guess I now know why people hate WallBuy… Someone received a TM26 that wasn’t performing as it should and they refused to replace the light.

Start a PayPal claim

Well you should at least ship it back.

shipping back with tracking will be expensive. if you dont use tracking, whos to say wallbuys says they never received it?
also, what do you mean by “wasnt performing as it should”?

You are very much correct. Buyers should always return the item with tracking number. I used to see some people having that problem (seller denied receiving the return item)

Wasn’t performing = TM26 can’t go into standby mode when powered on. (tapping the power button all the way down)

Lockout is the only way to turn off the light.

PS: Would you believe the rep said the correct way to shutdown the light is to fully press and hold the button down?

WB is a nightmare

DOH! I just posted a review from a sample they sent me, and then a minute after I posted the review, I saw this on the main page. I am also hoping not to be lumped in with whatever negative impressions people have of them, as I’m making an effort to be a contributing member of this community. My only dealings with them were that they contacted me through my blog’s Facebook page and asked me to do a review, and then sent me a sample.

For what it’s worth…

My experience with Wallbuys has been very good. Shipments have been well packaged and arrive in good time to Canada, with no customs or duty charges. (Maybe a bit slower than Fastech, but faster than the other Chinese stores.)

Fortunately I’ve had no problems with anything I’ve ordered, so I have no experience with dealing with returns/refunds.

I’d say my 1’st choice in Chinese suppliers is still Fasttech, doingoutdoor, intl-outdoor, and hk equipment (All have excellent communication and no issues with returns so far), but I must say Wallbuys has been very aggressive with their pricing, addition of new products, and “special events” lately.

They’ve been banned here for good reason, but so far they’re still posting on the dark side (cpf) and in my opinion are worth keeping an eye on…

just additional information, for my order, WB actually declared the original invoice value on the CN22 form.
it can be burden if the package is held by customs for taxes.

What kind of blog do you have?

sorry for answering for you Racer :bigsmile:

Yep, that’s me!

I purchased a SRK from them two days ago, and found out the lead time is going to be 8-10 before they can ship out my order. I sent CS an email requesting cancellation of my purchase yesterday. I received an email reply from Cherry at Wallbuys CS, once the order is paid for you cannot cancel it, regardless of how long it will be before they ship it out. :open_mouth: |(

Jasen40, you should be able to cancel an order based on a delayed shipment. I would get on them about it. Tell them that every other legitimate seller out there gives buyers the ability to cancel an order before it ships (FT, DX, FFL, IS, I-O, HKE, etc.). If they want to be a serious seller they need to step up and act like one.
If they insist it is not possible, a Paypal dispute might send a stronger message.

Edit: It is nice that they did tell you it would take a while to ship.

I received a knife this morning. CN22 form value declared as $10. Actual price paid, err, $0.76. :smiley:

Dealbreaker!!

that’s serious mark up and won’t be funny if eventually being subjected for tax duties :smiley:

an update to my case where one of two rooks has a plain glass lens, not AR coated. sent email and made video for them just to get continuous replies that both lens are the same. just got tired and waste time, I said to them this is the first and last order from WB.

they immediately offered a replacement lens, but already not interested, so I didn’t reply again.

and they english is terribly bad, even for me non native english.

so long WB…

After requesting refund on three emails and Cherry telling noway, I opened a paypal claim, yesterday. Today I received this reply from Cherry.
Hi, again
Plz tell us if you have received the refund and hope you can cancel the dispute timely.
Looking forward to your early reply.
Good day !
It sucks that I had to open a claim just to get my refund on an order they were not ship till 11 day after payment.
Paypal auto closes the the dispute, once the money is returned. I should email Cherry, with I will not close it unless You send my purchase and refund my money.

Maybe you will get a small gift:

(Paypal message)

From Seller
2/5/2013

Dear Sucker
Can you tell me your order number. We have a holiday, if possible, you can contact us in February 19th, if your order is a problem and you can wait until we find out in February 19th,

we will repeat your order,
and will send a small gift for you.

Thank you for your understanding,

I am still waiting for the repeat order and a small gift.

I think the reasons for avoiding Wallbuys are fairly plain in the OP. If those reasons do not matter, then by all means order from them.

I did. Yes, I took several items at prices that were too good to be true. Hopefully, they will arrive and I will be happy, but if they arrive in poor shape, I would not be surprised and actually, I would expect it. You get what you pay for and I expect the worst, but if it's still moddable, then what the hell. I get bad stuff from DX, KD and Fasttech too.

It's obvious the Wallbuys people don't know their way around good business practices and in an e-mail from the guy, he even told me he wasn't a good businessman. It's probably a "store" run out of somebody's room and they go get the stuff they sell, from the Tao marketplace, after they sell it (no stock), like so many TaoBao people do.

Anyhow, they don't follow the rules here very well, but there's a bunch of us that don't follow them either, so...