Rating: Dinodirect.com

This got dealt with, no longer an issue.

I've pretty much gotten screwed at every hk/cn dealer out there. Whether or not anyone in particular wants to buy from DD or not, I really don't care. They shipped my stuff, and from what I can tell, pretty much everyone else's except maybe 1 person. I took advantage of their anniversary sale and got a $100 gift card from DD (w/ photo of packed order), so I put my money where my mouth is.

Well, DD did finally come through with the refund. Perhaps I'll give the site another chance, but not right now.

I got a 0.50 cent something because they are having trouble with my order? Its only one light. Whats the problem. For some reason I am not expecting to get what I ordered. Its supposed to be an xpg but I suspect it will be an xp-c. If so the dino dog will make another appearance. I hope not as I want to give them a fair go.

A buddy of mine got his UF-2b the other day and I really couldn't tell it apart from the UF-2b I received from MF. The whole thing was pretty much business as usual as far as HK retailers go. Good job.

Instead of the 3-mode UF-2100 I ordered, I received the 5-mode version. Apparently, the same thing happened to at least another member (my apologies, I am terrible with names and I'm traveling and my browsing history doesn't sync across different devices). It says "3-mode" on the invoice but they shipped the 5-mode version instead. Most other HK-based retailers have had mix-ups like that, but it's unfortunate that they happened to screw up my first order. As for the light itself, well, it works. I've yet to play with it for more than 10 minutes at a time. Considering that I paid $13 or so for it, I'm not going to bother doing 10 questions just to get a couple of bucks in store credit.The assault bezel was loose, there was one minor scratch and there's no lube anywhere. The knurling is surprisingly nice, which is a lot more than I can say for the threads.

As for the "gift card", I know I mentioned this elsewhere, but that didn't work for me either, which made me decide to spend my money elsewhere.

Overall, I'm pretty satisfied. I didn't get what I ordered. I could probably play hardball here but considering that I paid very little for what appears to be a usable light, I think I'm going to let it slide. Maybe the UF-2100 will replace my TF-801 after a while. Maybe not. Time will tell.

I used my 10dollar gift coupon on a TR001 charger..

which I received about 1 week ago. So far have only 1 14500 battery, so have used it only once!

I also had a 5$ gift card, that didnt work, and contacted their CS. Their response was pretty quick..
Now I got a new card, which should work.

It seems to me, that they are improving their CS......(as far as I can judge)

I would rather see DD drop all the gift card/ discounts and price their stuff the same as dx/ kd/ mf. Most of their stuff is over priced and then you have to use a discount/ gift card to get it at a fair price.

My order encountered problems until semur/summer got involved. It has apparently now shipped. Will update when it arrives.

This is going to be sort of brief (I was involved in a motorcycle accident earlier today and should probably go to the hospital to have myself checked out and get some painkillers), but since I publicly talked about the mix-up with regard to the UF-2100, I feel it's only fair that I update the thread and keep you guys in the loop.

Shortly after I posted my first impressions above, I was contacted by Summer by private message. He apologized for the inconvenience and promised to follow up with their shipping department to find out what went wrong and to make things right if they'd indeed made a mistake. I replied that I appreciated the gesture and that I'd be happy to assist, but sending me another light really wasn't necessary. A day later, Semur confirmed that someone in shipping had screwed up and send me a coupon for a free replacement (bear in mind, I originally ordered the 3-mode version which I believed at the time to be H-M-L and received the five-mode version). So far, so great.

Again, I ordered the three-mode version of the UF-2100 and since I figured I'd test them, also added a gray protected UF 18650. I fully expected them to double- and triple-check they got me the right UF-2100 this time, so I added the battery. Well, I got the package from Hong Kong today (actually, while I was out riding my bike), 11 days after placed the order. That in itself is pretty impressive and much quicker than my original order, which took the usual three weeks, give or take a few days to get here.

Both UF-2100s seem to be from the same batch and if it wasn't for the imperfections (plus, the threads don't look nearly as nice), I'd have a hard time to tell them apart without turning them on. When I eventually did, I was surprised to find out that the new light they had sent me was the one-mode version.

Well, yeah. And it does say "3-mode" on the invoice. Again.

But it does work. That's about all I can say about it right now. But they did deliver the battery as promised. It really is protected, read 3.8v as delivered and it's charging as I'm typing this. So, as far as I'm concerned, two thumbs up as far as effort goes. Whoever is in charge of inventory and doing stuff down at the warehouse could probably benefit from some additional training and supervision.

My apologies for being short. I'll probably come back later and update this post.

Also, if you ride, as you know, we all take risks. That's part of what we do. We're all adults. I have no right to tell you what do do. All I can say, is this is far from my first crash (used to race bikes, etc) but if it wasn't for my gear, I'd probably be in the hospital already and I would have arrived in the back of an ambulance and if it wasn't for my training and experience (take the MSF course, learn from an experienced friend, read a book, do all of the aforementioned, etc; it's all good), I might be in the morgue. And if it wasn't for my guardian angel, I'd be positively screwed. :)

Jeez dude. Still posting light impressions here after a motorcycle accident before going to the hospital. That's dedication.

Hi Oxy, as a fellow motorcyclist I just wanna say ... get well soon and get yourself checked.

Glad you are ok.

Hope you can recovery soon, I´m also a bike owner. Get well.

Hehe. Thanks, guys! :)

Except for some scary-looking bruises on my hip, back, and arms and some minor back pain, I'm fine. I usually ride in full leather (I still have all the gear from my racing days, so I figure, why not use it?). Yesterday, I decided for some reason that helmet, light riding jacket (with elbow, shoulder and back protectors) and gloves would be enough. And I was lucky. That gear saved my butt. The protectors absorbed a remarkable amount of energy and there is a two inch long stretch of fabric missing from the sleeve of my jacket (which is definitely much better than two inches of skin ;)) and the stitching almost ripped open in a few places.

I think this sums it up pretty well. :D

Oh well, what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger. Or your parts guy richer. Or something. :D

Get well soon. Picture of your bike afterward?

Glad to hear you're ok, Oxy! I was involved in an accident 1 month ago and was not as fortunate as you. While I managed to keep my bike upright and myself off the pavement I still managed to shatter the bottom half of my left knee resulting in 17 screws and 2 plates as well as the worse miniscus damage the trauma doc had ever seen. Now for my trouble I'm out of work for 3 months with loads of pain and expenses. Makes me seriously consider ever riding again and it's not my first bike accident but it is the first that was not due to my error or weather. When and if I start riding again I will be wearing proper gear at all times because you can be the safest rider possible but all it takes is a cager or truck to do something unpredictable and you are screwed for life. God bless you for getting through your accident relatively unharmed!

Cheers,

Johnny

Hope you will be better soon, Oxy.

Thanks for the warm wishes, guys. I'm afraid I can't post any pictures yet, since the police have asked me not to discuss any details until they decide how they want to proceed with the other party.

Thanks, Johnny. I'm really sorry to hear about your accident. I had some minor sport-related knee injuries in high school, but nowhere near as bad as yours so I can only imagine what you're going through and how bad it must hurt. :(

I hope you make a full recovery and end up with a completely pain-free knee. What you said about riding again really made me think and I eventually ended up taking my other bike for a quick spin around the block this morning, mostly to see if I'd enjoy it. Weird thing is, I did, despite the pain. Maybe even more so than I did before the crash. And I wanted to say thank you for that.

I hope, with time, you can find joy in riding again. Oh, and about the ATGATT (ie. all the gear, all the time) approach to motorcycle safety: I always thought it was smart, just not very practical (in the summer, etc) or convenient. Practical or not, I don't think there will be any more quick just-grab-a-helmet-and-keys trips to the store in street clothes for me. And like you said, you can be the best rider in the world, you're always the weakest link in the chain.

Oh, and apropos DD: if you're looking for a way to use those $1 "gift cards", it appears DD has 18650 batteries on sale from time to time. I didn't buy any the this time, but I've seen a pair of protected gray TF 18650s (obviously of unknown origin, quality and capacity) for $5.60 or so shipped. Use a coupon and a $1 "gift card", and you get four protected 18650s for less than ten bucks.

Thanks, Oxy! I’m sure I will always enjoy riding but the thought of something happening while my fiance is on the back scares the hell out of me. I don’t think I could live with that and what sucks most is riding is our favorite thing to do on the weekends. Time will tell…

I actually visited Dino's site today. I wouldn't seriously want to order anything from them, but the product I was looking at had 8 reviews. All fake, including one where the "user" said they bought this particular XM-L flashlight 3 years ago and it had been performing well the whole time.

I don't know why people even deal with someone you know is lying to you.

I made an order 8 days ago ...and it's still at "approved" status. According to site description, normal items (like flashlight) should be prepared to ship within 2-3 days. In my case it's been 8 days ...and still nothing :(