[GB-Closed!] Supfire m6 triple - CLOSED!

Shouldn’t this be mandatory for all future GB’s, except for established models.

Nevertheless thanks for all the work!

Have you considered a souped-up T08 for a future GB?

no i havent, the t08 hasnt really interested me much

and i dont feel comfortable asking them to provide a free sample personally. the way i looked at it was they would be doing us a favor with the group buy, as they are a manufacturer not a reseller

I’ll play “devil’s advocate” a bit here…

As some have already said, they probably aren’t much use to dealing with end users, so some of the details that we’ve encountered (things like Paypal) are probably not something that the people that Pulsar is communicating with are use to dealing with. I myself kind of forgot about a couple of things until someone here would mention (including the Paypal fee).

I know that they’re suppose to be working for the company that makes the Supfire lights, but they’re probably like an OEM sales group/department, and may not be as “technical” as some of you here.

Maybe I’m being to naive, or easy, but I don’t have the impression that they’ve been trying to cheat us, or something like that.

Having said that, if you look at their website, that company has quite a few different types of lights, so, unless they just whipped up a phony website just to trick us, they appear to be a “real” flashlight vendor.

Given that, I’m sure that they’ll have some newer lights in the future, that we all may love to get our hands on (who knows, they may even start giving us advance notices in the future), so I really would hate to have this GB go down the tubes and “poison the (future) waters” for all of us with them.

From what I’ve seen, we were lucky that Pulsar (thanks!) found the deal and pursued it, and we are lucky that the Supfire folks were willing to entertain a GB with us.

Just my opinion…

thanks ohaya. seems to me both sides were not very experienced in this type of transaction.

i hope this goes positive, and hope there are lots of happy users in the end. they have a couple other models that i really like the looks of too. maybe they will learn to work with us and make minor changes in the future. using AR glass would be one way. if they plan ahead of production it can be added for a minimal cost per light, a dollar or two tops i imagine. also, work with the programming of the driver to get PWM up to an appropriate level. right now i imagine manufacturers are getting xmls a dime a dozen, so going xml2 may add more price than we think even if it was planned into production, though it would be nice.

Those are all good points Jim. As a somewhat entrepreneurial type I try to give businesses some slack. It’s not as easy as some think. I’m not too sure supfire fully understood what they were getting into at the start, but it’s worked out OK. Pulsar has done well, and learned in the process. This is good for all parties involved.
:beer:

First of all, I would like to thank Pulsar for the time he’s devoting to this GB.

I would be interested, depending on the results of the’s review.

How about this….

Those that want the light now can do so (along with “the”). Those that want to wait for the review can order in 7 to 14 days or whenever the reviews done?

No longer on the fence. I want to order now before the price increases or anything else that may happen.

well the way i see it, they wont raise prices. look at it this way, there has been about 10 people who dropped out due to the PP fee increase in price which was only a $2 increase. if they raise anymore over the $35/shipped then they will loose everyone who is on the fence. they wont raise their prices so why not wait for a review. if its junk then you saved $35 and can get the YL-U2 from FT or something else. win-win

I will bring that up tonight as a possibility. But problem with that is what if after the review a lot of people back out, and we only get 20-30 of the 50 actually sold.

God, I can't keep up with these lights! Just checked out the YL-U2 and now I have to buy it ;)

removed

@34.65 I’m for two, but I think we should get this done. Now! Too many products have been degraded in second production runs and clones. If the lights aren’t “right” I’ll mod them till they are.

Most credit cards have protection that is easy enough to use as well. If the light doesn’t show up or it’s DOA then you just do a chargeback. In some ways it’s actually better than paypal. Paypal is more convenient but not necessarily better. Your card’s protection is longer in most of them anyway. In fact I have had a couple times when Paypal was being unreasonable and my credit card company was the one that got it right. Most people prefer using paypal because then your card number doesn’t go on file with the business you buy from. But again almost all cards have protection if your card is used without your authorization. If I was buying one I would just pay with my card. In fact when given the choice I do anyway just to save them the fee, plus I can’t stand paypal. Their monopoly on e-bay ticks me off.

If I ever get around to seeing if one of our cards has a single use CC number option that some cards have, that’s what I would do because I feel the same way.

I’ve asked a couple times to see if there’s a shipping savings for multiple lights because if could bring in some people on the fence if they can get others to go in on shipping to one address. If a couple bucks turns some off, it could help others stay or come back in.

I don’t know if you’re in the U.S., but I also thought about group shipping and then sending out, but shipping via USPS, say using priority, even in a flat rate envelope, starts at about $5+ now. So, even if say, I got 5 lights, and sent out 4 of them, it’d be about the same as if supfire sent direct. If I got, say, 20 of them, would still be the same deal, about $5+ for me to get yours to you (in the U.S.). I guess shipping domestically by first class might be a little cheaper, but it doesn’t seem like it’d offset the cost enough to make it worth it.

yeah, i had also thought about that. but shipping is not cheap even US to US.

If everyone waits for the review and it turn out to be sub-par, most will back out anyway. This way those that want it now can get it at the current price. Whether they mod it if it sucks or sell it….up to them. Its not like they’re gonna blame you for a crappy light.

The people that want it now, I believe they understand that it may be sub-par and are willing to take a gamble.

Its not like everyone is gonna pay all within an hour. It may take several days to weeks before everyone ponies up the cash to them. If they expect everyone to pay at the same time….theyre in for a surprise….no?

Wasn’t thinking of secondary shipping . . . just bundling up with others we know/trust. It may not be for everybody, but it would work for some.

doing and thinking the same thing :smiley:
LOL

The way this is going, the only one who is going to get one is =the=. IF they decide to send the review light. All this back and forth and any other delays that come up, and we’ll see this on a resale site soon. As soon as you get the payment PP info, I’m paying, so they can ship mine out. We’ve got 50 names, they will ship after we pay. Sounds good to me.
I paid $35 for an SRK, and everyone knows that’s the biggest lottery of all. I have no problem playing this lottery.
I’ll say it again, let’s get on with it, please get me a PP email. Thanks. :smiley: