Noctigon 20mm copper triple XPG/XPE/XTE coming soon!

Sirius9,

You can try to contact LEDSupply sale dept and ask to ship you items with First Class… that way your shipping option would be more acceptable $10… also, while you’re at it you can add few Arctic Alumina epoxies to the mix as they appear to be the cheapest at their site plus rather FRESH…

IS has cheap First Class Airmail by default that’s maybe $7 for 2-3 optics (but $2 per optics price)…

Mouser has the triple optics for $2.79, they ship multiple ways but the cheapest is usually around $5.
Carclo 10507

Do you have experience in getting something like 7-10 amps or even more with 3 parallel XP-G2s and with stacked 7135s (preferably in a real flashlight)?

With a quick direct connect battery test set-up with 3xXP-G2 I got something like:

Over 6Amps (Pana3400B)
Nearly 8Amps (PanaPD)
A bit over 8Amps (Enerpower26650)
Nearly 9Amps AW IMR 18500
Nearly 10Amps Samsung 20R

We now have the Noctigon 3XP MCPCB with LEDs and leads already soldered.
You can see them here:
http://intl-outdoor.com/noctigon-3xp-mcpcb-cree-xpg2-r5-2b-leds-p-764.html
http://intl-outdoor.com/noctigon-3xp-mcpcb-cree-xpg2-r5-3c-leds-p-765.html

Expect other great things from Noctigon!

:)

You tease. ;)

Edit: btw, you linked to R5 2B twice.

Here is R5 3C

Here is R5 2B

Do you plan on selling various optics for them too?

anyone else thinking 3x of these in a SRK host?

Thanks for heads-up, edited.
Sorry, we do not have optics for sale.

No, especially not the guy who started the thread:

:beer: :party: :beer:

oh haha… guess I should have read the whole thread, or at least the first post 

I meant to say 4x triple boards in a SRK 

:beer:

i think you can fit more than 9 in there sir :slight_smile:

even skyray fit 9 xmls

soo… 3xml = king
4 xml = kung
6xml = kong

……

9xpg2 = king kong?
27 xpg2 = king kong kung sum flung dung??

and micro plutonium cell to power that thung :bigsmile:

I hope there will be a smaller version for P60 drop-in, with triple 90 CRI XP-G2 it would be awesome.

None of the available optics would fit with a 16mm MCPCB footprint. Besides, the stack height is so much shorter than with a conventional reflector it needs a custom pill or a custom extension in the pill, you'd still have to build something to raise it even if it were 16mm round.

There are ~35mm OD optics that fit the 20mm base, with a blank outer ring that can be cut down to 26mm for a P60.

I got my pair of triple Noctigons in - look great! Of course I can't do anything with them for a while - gotta get the optics and figure out a host...

Wtf. I'm still waiting for my xpg noctigons ordered in August.

Well, that's what happens when you sneak it in on an order of 50 XM-L2's on Noctigons (ordered 9/21). actually I think the order was sent 1st class - came quick, that was the deal. But just 1 or 2 days earlier I got another order from Hank for 20 more XM-L2's (ordered 9/8)....

off topic, but what on earth do you need 70 XM-Ls for?

A friend of mine is going to get one of the XP-G2 3C triples to use in a 20mm Easy2LED housing as a bike light for his coach, I’ll see what he thinks when he fires it up.

I have the LEDs, I have the optics, I have the host, the cells, the driver, still waiting on the triple Noctigon boards.

Elektrolumens builds a custom 27 XM-L2 light, it’s freaking Ginormous!

Me and Daylighter are splitting them, so I'm in for 40. I've been running low, and I tell you - IOS's prices for the quality is just outstanding - $5 a piece for XM-L2 U2 1A's on Noctigon's in qty 10 and above, Hank gave me a price of $4 for the emitter only in qty 10+, but all he had was XM-L2 U2 1C's bare. Look around at IS, Mouser and DigiKey and it will be $9 minimum with copper star, maybe $7 minimum bare. The XM-L2 U2 1A's are exceptionally rare and I don't know of any other reliable source to get them - Mouser and Digikey don't even list them by tint.

I got 3 Shockers to upgrade, another triple of my own, then I maybe have 2 J18's to upgrade (14 total there), many, many more single LED lights, etc. Actually we wiped him out of the 1A's on 20mm's - I see he's posted out-of-stock.

blimey, that’s pretty impressive Tom! Once you get into multi emitter lights, I can see ones stock of LEDs running out fast :slight_smile: