Group Buy CLOSED: MAXToch SN6X-2X

mine finally processed through new york! woohoo!

Good for you. Mine landed in Zurich (transit airport) and it’s waiting for another journey.

My 4 have been in Singapore since 6:35 am on the 31st of october. Thats 4 weeks.

Pretty bloody disappointed in CH post

Chris

Finally…mine is in NY!

Got my light today, I’m impressed! This baby is nice, I mean, in a top shelf head of the class kind of nice. Excellent anodizing with a silky feel, perfect condition. The reflector, oh wow! Perfection again, massive reflector that looks flawless on first inspection. Very heavy, robust construction is just superb to handle and use. Mine pulled 2.17A on 2 Sanyo lap pulls, 1.95A on 2 20Rs. The regulation works just like it should. 904 lumens at 30 seconds, 1021 at start-up. I saw light on the white barn 610 yds away, the lightbox numbers indicate a 544M throw which is 595 yds, right on target. Nice tight beam, I do believe this is rapidly going to become a favorite light…the big brother on steroids to my Solarforce M8.

Thanks Krono, sweet deal, excellent light, gonna treasure this one a looong time! :wink:

Took a quick beamshot, really liking this one!! The red oil drum is 97 yds away, standard set using Canon G1X at ISO1600, f/5.8 @ 1/2 sec exposure, manual focus, 2 second timer.

Base is wide angle at 28mm, mouseover is zoomed in at 112mm...

Sounds great but 544m ANSI sounds very low - like 74kcd or so. Mine was 92 and Tom E’s 98. Any thoughts as to why your 2x so low?

Nice beam on them isn’t it - a real thrower.

Hi Mudgripz, I took a lightbox reading and extrapolated the throw numbers. New to this light meter stuff, probably did that wrong, I’ll set up the meter and try it again, be back with that result…

Edit: Ok, my meter shows 96kcd and 619M, or 677 yds. Much more in line with you guys. Figured I did it wrong, was taking the numbers from the meter at lumens measurement from the lightbox and doing the math as though I’d taken the 5M set-up. Duh! lol

That sounds bang on - their product spec says 96k I think.

619m or 677 yards standard is great throw, and even with just a straight dedome you’re probably going to jump to 180-200kcd - and that’s 850 to 900 meters or so.

I like the construction quality on mine too - up with the best lights I’ve seen in recent times.

Is there a simple way to bump output with the existing driver? I opened it up and see a nice thick aluminum star, got to figure out how to shim a copper star to make up that difference in thickness. The wires are too puny, gotta go. This bad boy needs some 20ga Silicone insulated wire for sure. I don’t see, with my extremely limited electrical knowledge, where to stack resistors to bump output, there seems to be only one R056 on there and not a line of em like I’ve seen elsewhere. So does the driver have to be changed to step it up to 5ish Amps or more?

There’s so much mass in the head, it doesn’t even warm up at the current level it’s at from the factory! That’s no good, need some heat! :slight_smile: Yeah, I can see where this light would really be able to handle significantly more. Any tips or a point in the right direction will be greatly appreciated! :wink:

Got it yesterday!

Initial impressions: Excellent annodizing, double o-rings, nice weight, bag/holster too small (fits my zy-t13 fine though), blazing throw. Vey impressed so far!

Dale - Post 162 ??

Thanks Tom, I did see all that when you wrote it, back in 148 and 162 as well, I just forgot. :8) (that happens a lot with me these days)

No prob! I'm like forgetting mostly everything -- gett'n scary.

I do like the results with this light, modded. Again, overall quality is superb! My cons on it are at the nit-picky level.

Thanks for the photo.

Swiss post can’t get update information from NZ post. You may call local post office to get latest tracking information.

Finally understand what a thrower light is last night. All trees from my front door could be reached with this Maxtoch. The package could have been delivered by my front door at least a week by the dust in the box. Nice tight beam and my best torch by a country mile.

You’re welcome Amanda, Thank YOU for the awesome light! :slight_smile: Quickly a top favorite!

I finally got my SN6-2X and I agree with basicalyl all opinions - holster/pouch is a little bit too small, excellent anodizing, huge flawless reflector (the biggest one I’ve seen), pretty short overall, big head but not front heavy. modes are a bit too close to each other, and one suggestion - light comes in a box wrapped directly with duct tape. While removing it you also remowe a layer of paper from the box. Some bubble foil before duct tape would be nice.

my tracking number updated again, processed through a 3 sort facility…. its in the us and only about 50 miles away… hopefully will come today