Group Buy CLOSED: MAXToch SN6X-2X

My tracking number still doesn’t show up when I look it up!

Supposedly shipped 11/11.

Still in singapore - 34 days after getting there

mine finally arrived today… very long wait after ordering october 25th… must be because of all the holiday packages

well worth the wait!

one of the nicest anodizing jobs I have EVER seen! reflector is flawless and light is very high quality over all… reminds me of armytek barracuda but half the price of course.

doesnt tailstand well, but i dont think it would no matter what since its 2x 18650 and top heavy

bag is a bit small, but i dont see myself using it too much.

cant wait to get her modded!

So is anyone else getting this message when trying to track with Swiss Post??

I copy/pasted the tracking number provided me directly from Maxtoch.

I understand not having the light yet, but not even having the tracking number show up after 3+ weeks has got me worried. Should I contact Paypal and stop payment?

that is weird - it is getting close to 45 days - I would file a paypal claim before 45 days just to be safe in case it never shows up (i doubt this will happen)… a claim is not a dispute or a stop payment, but simply a friendly “hey I have a problem here” with an open forum that buyer and seller can go on record to resolve any issues … a claim CAN be escalated to a dispute if a resolution cannot be reached (for example your light never shows and the seller is unwilling to give a refund or send another light), but most of the time things go smoothly.

there has been a rep from maxtoch that visits this thread from time to time - I think her name is amanda - I would look for one of her posts and pm her, if you dont get your light or a tracking number before 45 days from when you paid, be sure to at least open a claim with paypal as that will extend your buyer coverage for additional time past 45 days (I believe it adds either 30 or 60 days and then you have to either close the claim or escalate it to a dispute?)

Thanks, JMP.

Sent a message to MTAmanda. Hopefully I’ll hear something back soon. Unfortunately, the only reference numbers I have are the tracking number from the e-mail and the Paypal transaction #. I never received an actual order number from Maxtoch.

Well now, this is going from bad to worse. I tried to send an e-mail to the account associated with the Paypal payment and now it’s coming back as ‘undeliverable’.

Full sympathies … the delays from china at present are an absolute pain - have never seen problems to this extent before in 3-4 years of buying lights from there.

Just a couple of comments - after dealing with Maxtoch for a couple of years they are a v good company to deal with - ethical and honest. After speaking with them it appears the post out of china for them is extremely difficult at the moment - no matter which postal service they use. And these parcels don’t even have 18650 li-ion batts in them!

For those who are having problems with delivery be assured they will look after it - they will be trying to walk through the sudden huge postal problems the same as we are. Some lights have arrived and some haven’t - whereas in the past they were all here within say 3-4 weeks on China post.

I’d say if your lights haven’t arrived by now do contact Amanda (MTAmanda on this thread) directly. Armed with an exact list she can track the missing ones carefully from their end. God knows whats happening with China post…but knowing maxtoch I’m sure they will look after this - just a matter of keeping in close communication, patience, and working together.

It appears the group buy lights are in fact trickling through to buyers, but its also v clear China’s bl**dy postal system needs a massive overhaul!

Indy Archer I got the same message from Swiss Post. I PM Amanda.

+1

Thanks. That what I did. Hopefully I hear something soon. It wouldn’t bother me as much if the Paypal e-mail address given to me for questions didn’t bounce back as undeliverable.

Ah, but...the same ol Chinese handling of the customs forms. Mine arrived and in nice shape. The box was completely taped over with a very neat and tidy customs label covering 2 sides. On this label it states that inside is a gift (not true as I DID pay for it!) that it is a flashlight (very true, and a very nice one) and it has a value of $8.00 (I guess my refund is in the mail, China Post).

Perhaps the only true part, that it's a flashlight, made customs check them for batteries? Perhaps customs is on to the companies putting cells in a light and sending them even though the post has denied to carry cells?

Ethical and honest doesn't charge me $59.90 for an $8 flashlight. Just sayin....

I'm not complaining, I'm very happy with the light and how it was delivered. Just stating facts. If I send something to Australia from Texas (did that today) I put on the customs form the value of the items inside. It asks me a question, I answer the question honestly.

Whether any of the above has anything at all to do with horrendously slow shipping via "Swiss Post" out of China, I cannot say.

By the way, my mail carrier could plainly see that it came from overseas, with a customs label, that it was only worth $8 and left it in the mailbox 267 yds from my house at the end of the driveway, where it sat the majority of the day til after dark when we were able to check the mail.

Been meaning to post these pics for some time... Chunky pill:

Original pill top, cleaned up:

After a lot of sanding, to 2500 grit:

Copper disc I used:

After reflow:

Mounted, keeping wire profile low:

@DBCstm
I think it’s common practice, I’ve never received a package from China with correct value on it. And I’m glad fot that because it saved me a lot of money which I’d have to spend on customs (and 23% VAT) otherwise.

So when are you coming over to lead me through mine Tom? ;) Looking good!

Thanx Dale! You see how tall the plastic alignment walls are? I took before/after measurements and filed them down a bit:

Before:

After:

But I don't think it was enough - still a sizable wall around the emitter. I didn't measure any difference in lumens at all, and I've had good success with doing this in the past... Just don't get it at times...

I did try the AR lens from CNQ but it was way too loose - it's thinner. Tried taking lumens measurements anyway and did appear to be slightly better, but it was hard to get a reading with the thing so loose. What I need to do is build up the star even further to make up the gap with the lens, then I could get a solid measurement. Thinking of ordering custom sized copper discs from Beverly at etsy.com just for this light - full width of the pill top and thickness to work with the AR lens.

Ah, Custom stuff, now we're talking! I looked for an AR lens in the right dimensions but of course, had no luck. There's a UCLp at flashlightlens.com that's pretty close at 65mm x 2.25mm. That's only .75mm off. But plastic. I have one in my HD2010 and it's holding up pretty well. A little over $7.

Could you cut a bevel on the centering ring, I've done that and it worked pretty nicely....bevel it in towards the emitter so it's not cutting the light as harshly if at all. I very carefully mounted it in my 1/2" drive cordless to spin it up, cut it with the dremel, like doing surgery, hahaha. Remember the old game? Operation! BUZZZZ you touched the sides, patient is dead, you lose! Some of the stuff I do is like that, and then my 6 yr old comes up behind me.....aaaaagggghhh!

I'd try to make the ring the same thickness as the reflector, so it's flush inside, and bevel that bit back towards the emitter for an even flow of light. Should make the difference your'e looking for.

Edit: Make sure you don't get the outside of the ring below the surface of the reflector, that will cause shadows within the reflector and wreak havoc on your beam profile. ;)

Boy, that sounds like work you own the patent on , ahhh, not sure I could do that... I may try a sanding method to bevel it - may have more luck and it's not as potentially damaging, just more time/TLC -- least for me...

You mean...my way could....DAMAGE something? EEEeeek! Now I'm done for! I'll never be able to mod again! I could crash that poor little plastic centering ring and destroy the dynamics of the entire engineering marvel! Oh Nooooooooooo!

You could always do this

Put your emitter on a pedestal and raise it up into the reflector. De-domed it needs to sit up higher anyway, and the centering rings get in the way, block light.

Edit: I de-domed it after it was re-flowed.