MTN Electronics: LEDs - Batteries - Lights - Chargers - Hosts - Drivers - Components - 1-Stop-US Source

No problem… btw is there any offering for triple XP-G2 S2 version soon? or XP-L on noctigon? :smiley:

Not that I know of, although I'm sure that it will happen eventually.

Is the XP-L an xm die on an xp substrate? If it is then the domes won’t fit in triple optics. You wound have to shave them.

Shave or completely de-dome, depending on how the bond wires are arranged. The optics tend to fit very close to the actual die, might not be able to slice the dome off that close without hitting a bond wire.

I have a few coming, plan to figure that issue out, and test tint shift. I had bought a scalpel a little while back just for slicing domes. :slight_smile: Works well, but there are still issues.

There may not be a need to dedome those XP-L's if you're patient. Carclo told me they're working on optics. I'll gladly wait for those and get their full potential rather than dedoming. If only we could get a 24mm of the S3 so the new quad copper XP board could be used...the smallest quad optics are 24mm.

I'd still like to see those tests though.

When I looked up the XP-L, I found explicit confirmation that they don’t fit into carlco optics, or into most other XP-G TIRs. And it does indeed seem to be an XM-L-sized die on a XP-G-sized backing. It’s supposed to get roughly 26% more lumens at the same power level, compared to XP-G2… so, roughly three lumen bins higher. Not sure if the surface brightness will be higher or lower though, since the die itself is larger.

I’m not sure if the shaved/flattened dome edges will affect the beam pattern, but I suspect it may look a little strange. XM-L already has a vaguely squareish spill beam shape on small lights, but I’m not sure what XP-L will look like.

I built one of the 16340 lights used the square-sided XB-D emitter...vs. the XP-G2 I can't tell much difference really.

I wonder if the smaller solder pad of the xpl will limit it to xp level drive currents rather than xm levels.

That's the big question. Is maximum output limited thermally, or is it limited to the size of the die? Hopefully it's the latter. I'm leaning towards that since XP-E2 has far less lumens than the XP-G2 even though the substrate is the same size.

As far as I’ve heard, the XP-L is rated for 3A like the XM-L. It’s just one size smaller, physically, and the lumen bin is about the same as the XM-L2 U3.

What I don’t know is if it can handle a lot of extra current like the XM-L2 can, or if it will be limited to the current levels we put through an overdriven XP-G2.

I have 4 on the way, so I bet we find out pretty quick :wink: (like, maybe Friday afternoon)

I'll be ordering sets of 4 when my copper quad XP get here. For now I just ordered 3 to use on a triple Noctigon. I'm hoping for 2700 lumens.

subscribed

Hey guys, I just got some of the new Panasonic 10A 3200mAh NCR18650BD in stock, both in unprotected and protected versions. I don't have any pictures yet, but the protected versions look just like the other protected Panasonics I already have.

NCR18650BD Unprotected

• My price for two cells, shipped: $19.34 (2% BLF discount code)
  • ILLUMN: $23.99 (5% CPFUser discount code)
  • Fasttech: $17.20 (5% BLF discount code, but won't ship to me?)
NCR18650BD Protected
  • My price for two cells, shipped: $21.43 (2% BLF discount code)
  • ILLUMN: Doesn't have them
  • Fasttech: Doesn't have them
*prices as of 10/21/14, 10:00 PM MST
*all include storage cases
Just trying to keep an eye on the competition and keep competitive prices. Thanks for all of your support and patience!
I'm knocking out the outstanding custom builds as fast as possible (worked all day yesterday and today) and we are caught back up with everything else. If you've been waiting a while, look for a shipping notice this week.

-Richard
P.S. The XM-L2 zoomie headlamps are coming soon! They have completed one complete month of beta testing in the hands of some of my friends and family. One of my friends uses his every day for several hours per day servicing boilers in high humidity and heat; my father uses his on the farm in the dust, dirt, and vibration. No failures reported and I have tweaked everything to their liking, which means they are ready!
P.P.S. The 8A (yes, eight amps, that's not a typo) TK61 is holding up well. Think it can break 700kcd dedomed? I guess we'll see!

What kind of current can the protection circuit provide on those cells? Thanks!

The manufacturer tells me around 6.5A...I have tested the PF version and it seems to trip around 7.5A-8A, but I can't guarantee that all of them will be able to handle that much. In most applications we use it isn't an issue.

Sounds like a good fit to me. Thanks.

did I overread the XM-L2 zoomies?

moar Infos please…

Is it possible for you to carry XM-L2 U2 1A on 14mm noctigon? I need 9 18 of them for my 9T6 :smiley: