Home Depot Deal Alerts & Discussion Thread

^^

Hey dcho,

Twisty? I was in too much of a rush to notice that.

^

Hey Terry,

1112 Store on Harbison Blvd & I-26 in Columbia. Actual address is 5200 Fernandina Blvd

Ahhhh… I’m upstate… Gaffney. Small world.

And talking about striking out, how about this one?

Last Thursday my wife left to go to a 2 day conference in the White Mountains of New Hampshire, about 250 miles from Central Connecticut. With her gone, and nothing to eat in the house, Friday I decided to go on up to visit. I could catch a free meal at the buffet, besides there was a couple of Home Depots along the way :wink:
Oh yeah, and it would be nice to see the autumn foliage. :person_facepalming:

Most of the trip was along route 91 North, with HD’s in Greenfield, MA and Brattleboro, VT. The first stop, Greenfield is about 60 miles out and as I was daydreaming at the time I missed the exit! Next turn around exit was 7.5 miles ahead, meaning that I would have to travel and extra 15 miles just to recover from my error. I had 7 minutes or so to decided what to do. Should I turn around or should I keep on heading North to the next stop? In the end, it was the thought of missing out on something that forced me to travel ahead and turn around.
Wouldn’t you know it, I could find NOTHING in the Greenfield store. What a bummer. While there I desperately tried to find something, anything. All I could come up with was this additional holiday display of digital tire gauges. It contains an LED, so technically could be called a flashlight, so it should be included with the lights I posted previously. Last year I bought several of a larger version of this gauge and am very happy with them. This one being smaller (and cheaper) should be a great item to own.

Anyway, the thing to do when you strike out is put it behind you, move on. And move on I did, headed out to my next stop, Brattleboro, VT. Another 30 miles later I rolled into the parking lot of the Brattleboro, VT Home Depot and saw this.

GONE!!!
I have never seen something like this, they actually closed the store. And it wasn’t like they moved to another location either, they just pulled out. I looked across the street and I saw True Value Hardware Store, and I thought how great is that. Some small shop owner went head to head with HD and WON!
Now I felt cheated, so I pulled out my phone and searched google maps and found that further on North, if I went off route a few miles I could hit another HD on the way. That store would be the substitute for the one that was closed up. So that’s what I did.
One of the first things I saw was 4 of the DeWalt impact drivers that ChadB found. They were stuffed in a shelf area sideways with no pricing, as though they were hidden in plain sight.
I thought for sure I would score on these, but no, they scanned at $119.00 :cry:

I did score some penny deals though. Even those these turned months ago, I found 3 more of the 2.1A USB chargers. Item number on the left ring up for a penny, item number on the right ring up at full price.

Also, in this picture there is a small box of 3/8 and 1/2 inch drive sockets that rang up for a penny.

And as far as that DeWalt impact driver goes, I actually scored one of those last year at Lowes. It’s the 1/2 inch drive model, but it runs on the NiCad batteries. I have been searching for a battery and charger for it since then. Just recently I found a charger and battery for it in the recycle bin.
This, from Lowes. The tool guy saw me grab it and next time he saw me, about a week later, told me that price was a mistake from corporate and tthat I got a heck of a deal :slight_smile:

And speaking of Lowes, that have that same exact DeWalt driver that ChadB scored for the same list price as HD
This from Lowes.

That’s crazy about the impact driver, I’m at work but I may have the receipt I’m my truck I’ll see if I do and post it. Doesn’t make much sense to go on clearance down here and not up there. But who knows?

I haven’t found any penny deals since the phone works stuff, I am watching some bathroom lights, shower faucets, and some chargers that are all at the 3 price.

I found a rack of led bulbs that have been on clearance since February (so I thought I scored big time) I was going to get a buggy to load them all up but figured I’d scan one first. They rang up for the price on the sticker, 9.80 I believe. I guess the stuff ending in 0 doesn’t trend down? Also what about the stuff ending in 7? What happens there?

The 8/4/6/2/3 prices I understand. But the 0 and 7 throws me off!

DCH I can’t find my receipt, I would check the in store computer and see if any of the dewalt stuff is on clearance. I will check with my dad see if he kept the receipt with the one I bought him, don’t think it matters though you have found the right driver.

No problem, this sort of thing happens. I take it as something to watch out for. It is an advantage to be forwarned :wink:

Here are a couple of other things I saw among the holiday displays. Last year there were drill bits and this year there are drill bits. Last year there was a set of HDX bits that were actually quite good for the price. This year it is a set of 35 Ryobi bits for only $4.88. Definitely not the best, but if you abuse bits, break them or loose them, this is a set that won’t make you cry when you do.

Also that 100 piece mechanics socket set that went on clearance 2 months ago is back. $49.88 is a decent price straight up. If you missed the clearance last year, this will maybe give you a second chance.

This is a deal I found in New Hampshire and is probably hard to find elsewhere. Worth looking for though.

And I saw this deal in a couple of stores. Would you rather have a FEIN MultiMaster for an even $100 or the Ridgid or the Dremel for $99.00?

May have been mentioned before, but yesterday while buying a lamp socket I noticed two LiIon cells next to them. Both were Hampton Bay brand and evidently for remotes. What struck me was the odd sizes: 18600 and 14400- never heard of those. Now if only they would get some penny deals going there :weary:

Phil

Over the Weekend we were in Rhode Island and I was able to check out a few stores.
I found one of these 4 in one Smoke-Fire-Carbon Monoxide-Natural Gas Detectors for a penny. It had fallen on the floor behind a Clearance endcap. The next store however, just 5 miles away had plenty of stock at full price,

Here is one I missed! That same first store had put this 349 piece tool set on clearance. Regular price was $299, here they are for $75.03! But they’er gone. #1000-029-980

Boy, was I bummed. I didn’t even know that set was on clearance.
Here are some other deals I saw, but did not buy,

BTW, NOW is a good time to look for clearance items in garden.

That 50 lb bag of fertilizer is a good deal at $24, but I’m holding out for last years score, $18.00 It’s a gamble, I may miss out
Then at the 2nd store, just 5 miles away, I came upon this.

Hot Dog! The 349 piece tool set. Had I not seen that $75.03 price at the previous store, I probably wouldn’t have given this a second look. There is a VERY good chance these will ring up for $75.03!
So I walked, I did not run, to get a cart and grabbed all 3. Sure enough they rang up for $75.03 :slight_smile:
I scored a couple of more penny items, this towel bar was a penny and I found 1 - 2 foot florescent black light tube for a penny.

Speaking of lights, earlier this week I picked up some rotating multi colored Halloween lights for $2.49 each. They were regularly $15-20. These stake outside and project a swirling pattern on the house. Cheap enough to play around with.

This is the same type of light as above except it is a screw in bulb. It also had a rotating motor inside that spins the LED’s. These were $1.61. They also had “flicker lights” for $1.24. It turned out they are not so interesting.

Those 2 stores in Rhode Island also had clearance out 16oz and 20oz Plumb Branded hammers. Both stores were sold out.

The next day at my home town HD I found 4 of the 20oz ones.

I also checked for that 349 piece tool set. Their price was also $75.03 but ALL stores in the area were sold out. Once again, the ONLY reason I found those 3 was because they failed to update the sticker price. :wink:
In Rhode Island, That second store also had some car batteries on clearance at the “3” price, 75% off.

The newer 1500 Lumen worklights that replaced the older 800 or 1000 lumen lights are now on clearance. I have seen these in all the stores. My prediction is that in the future they will go to $24.06, then eventually $7.53. That would be a few months away though.

Lastly, I found 1 more of the 1000 watt inverters. It was an open box with the UPC code cut out. Still marked at $68.06, I knew they were going for $23.03. Without a UPC code I wouldn’t be able to check out so I brought it up to the service desk and talked them into selling it to me for $15.00.

Stuff is still out there.

The Black Friday stuff is being put out on the floor. Some of it will be reduced in price for that day.

I was just about to post that tool set, I found out they were at the 3 price yesterday morning. I haven’t been able to find a set yet. I am going to look this evening at another store. The in store computer showed none in stock around me! That CAT inverter still hasn’t went on clearance around here nor the b&d, just “new lower price” :cry:

I just spent a while looking and hauling prospects up to the self checkout lane. Cat inverter still at regular price.

I asked at the service desk if they had any of the tool kits and got a No. Even for the surrounding stores. Then one of the ladies said “they have been on clearance for a while, they just went to a penny this morning.” I replied - “you aren’t supposed to know about that!”

I’ll check some other stores but I’m guessing they have all been picked up.

Wow, dchomak. Those are some great posts. Thank you for tips/alerts.

Boy, I was wrong in my prediction on this one! Just yesterday I posted

And I predicted, and I quote myself :person_facepalming:

The newer 1500 Lumen worklights that replaced the older 800 or 1000 lumen lights are now on clearance. I have seen these in all the stores. My prediction is that in the future they will go to $24.06, then eventually $7.53. That would be a few months away though.

Well one day later, I come across this!!!

Home Depot is not fooling around, they want these out of the store. $15.04 is 50% off and after a few weeks it will go to $7.52

Home Depot more than any other retailer seems to be protective of their upcoming Black Friday deals. Can’t get them early at blackfriday.com or anywhere else as far as I know. But I may have stumbled across one upcoming deal. Yesterday I was in a store that had 2 displays with different prices in separate locations in the store.
This display was in a hardware isle and I am assuming it is the older, legitimate display because it is partially depleted and diplays the price these 2 tools actuall ring up for.

This second display with the same 2 items was found near a clearance endcap in the middle of the store. It being completely full of stock, I am thinking this is a Black Friday deal that was mistakenly unpacked and put out on the floor early.

$59 vs $49.
Those same 2 tools can be had right now for an even $99 in a special promotion set.

That set does come with a carry bag, but buying the 2 separate deals at $49 each is $1 cheaper and you would get a second charger.

Bort
I found an electric lopper!!!

And they still had one left in the overhead. Here is the HD worker getting it for me :) :) :slight_smile:

Of course I took it thru self checkout just in case it rang up for a penny. It didn’t, but I was never so happy to pay the “3” price.
Right now is a good time to consider buying fertilizer. This 50lb bag regularly $37.98, is now $23.06. Any store that I have been in that still had stock did NOT have them marked as such, You just have to know :wink:
I am hoping some survive to the “3” price which should be around $9.53. When I shop for fertilizer, I consider about a $1 a pound to be a fair list price.

Here is a pic of last years 35 piece drill bit set and this years. Last years HDX set has the same exact bits as this years, the Ryobi. Pretty decent set for $4.88, and last year they went to $3.

Very, very nice, if you have 1-4 inch stumps to cut and many of them you will wonder how you did without this device :slight_smile:

Went by my hd and saw some cool stuff in a cart ready to be put on the shelves. They had a cobra 2-way radio and ever ready 6v lantern and lots of combination wrench sets.

Well, today I got a coupon good until 12/15/2016. Good for $75 off a single purchase over $500.

The one question I have is, how the heck do I spend over $500 and Home Depot? :smiley:

Actually for Black Friday I am hoping to find a rollaway tool cabinet, or 2 at a good price. And that extra $75 off would be really nice :wink:

Good that you have items in mind, 50,001 penny items is a very tall order :stuck_out_tongue:

This will sound like sacrilege but for rolling tool storage, check out Harbor Freight. The US General Pro tool storage (the red ones) are extremely good quality and still considered the best value under around $1000 or so out there. The guys over at Garage Journal are mostly big fans of the Harbor Freight offerings. Husky and Kobalt have had to raise their game significantly to compete but they still haven’t matched the HF offerings yet (which they don’t have to because they do still have their name). Craftsman tool storage has proceeded to shit the bed on quality and their cheap stuff just blows. Keep in mind this is only the US General Pro red colored stuff, the black harbor freight stuff is pretty much crap, about on par with the worst Craftsman tool storage.

I totally agree with you!

Problem is I can’t always afford the “very best” :slight_smile: If I can get a good enough deal on something else I will go for it. Otherwise it will be the U.S. General/ Harbor Freight.

Did you know that Harbor Freight bought and now owns U.S. General?
Also there is also a Harbor Freight Deal Alerts thread

And in this post I tried to tell everyone how good those HF rollaways really are

SawMaster bought one and confirmed it.

Ok still not sure what a looper is…

I have to wait to catch the deals on the tool boxes. Sometimes they have really good deals at HD but we don’t have harbor freight up here in Alaska. (I really wish they did, it would save me a ton of money… LOL).