Group Buy-BLF X6-SE OP update-GB over.

I’m looking forward to see how this new driver measures up, but the existing driver seems to me already so close to the mark. Though current does drop with battery voltage; (I get 2.2 amp at 4.2Volt, fresh off the charger, drops to 1.96A at 3.88Volts, medium mode drops a bit too.) I hardly consider it an issue at all, but I know many here are quite ‘sensitive’ to that tiny bit of undetectable lumen drop. Maybe the concern was with hitting the 3.5Amp spec after a few minutes out on a fresh battery.

I can’t imagine a buck driver would do better with a single cell though.
Hope this new driver hits the mark, but in the interim, and with all the whing’in & whining,delay, etc… I went ahead and got a stock X6.
It’s a real nice light, my only real complaint as is with the strobe sos modes.

This is like waiting for the newest IPhone :slight_smile:

When can we start lining up………………

LL - yep, pretty much all these amp limiting drivers will drop out as the cell drops, specially with the higher Vf demand of XM-L2's and XP-G2's. I'm thinking cutting down on resistance, like copper wiring the springs and using heavier LED wires, will enable you do keep higher amps longer even for the stock 2.2A driver -- just not sure. I think that would make sense but never tested it, or recall if any one has.

Count me in. Please

You guys noticed that the voltage range was fixed back to 3-4.2V in the original post, right?
I just hope JohnnyMac wont try to test the 8.4V performance first and fry the driver before he gets to test the 1-cell performance :wink:

Nice group buy! :slight_smile:

Put me down for one, NW.

Thanks!

Interested. What’s NW,CW and NP? Tried a quick google search with no luck.

Neutral white, cool white and no preference.

As previously mentioned, it’s the tint, or “color” of the light emitted.

Everybody has an opinion on this matter, but a few simple simple facts:
Cool White emitters are often slightly brighter, but suffer from the “blue” hue you may have seen from other LED lights.
Neutral White emitters are often slightly less bright, but have a very pleasant neutral (non blue!) hue.

You get to choose.

I strongly prefer NW. It looks “quality” when you turn it on.

This might help for future reference if someone is talking about the tint:
http://flashlightwiki.com/images/f/f6/Ansiwhite.jpg
0x, 1x, 2x are CW (cool white)
3x, 4x, 5x are NW (neutral white)
6x, 7x, and 8x are WW (warm white)

Figured it was a tint, thanks for the explanation.

Yep, ChiggerPepi is right, NW definitely has more of a quality look, and better color rendition. Unfortunately, I am a pathetic lumen junkie.

I still want WW.

^ Nice post, even if wrong you have my attenuation. H)

interesting!

(but how is the current on Turbo on various batteries, does the AR-coating look quality, does it have a Maxtoch board, etc. etc. )

Finally, the tests are starting! :slight_smile:
Maybe a quick tailcap current measurement on turbo? And then again with depleted battery (lower voltage)? I think that would almost satisfy my curiosity.

Looks good but I really wish they wouldn’t put the white goop on the driver. I was hoping a resistor mod was going to be possible with this light as I have put my name down for one to mod and one to keep original.

Judging by the earlier pics by banggood, it should be removable. At least they where able to make the white goo disappear completely.
But now there’s some black goo under the MCPCB, I hope that’s not too grippy. :slight_smile:

Yes, those do seem to be a bit low. How’s your multimeter, maybe it adds too much resistance to the circuit? Do you see any brightness difference between multimeter measuring current at tailcap vs tail cap shorted?
I think some testers mod their multimeters to use thick and short wires (and maybe something else too) to lower it’s resistance.

That does look like a copper MCPCB but whether or not its DTP is another story.

Those amp readings look low but honestly I’m not surprised.

Please count me in. A piece in NW and unglued.

Is there any option for orange peel reflector?

Thanks!