Group Buy-BLF X6-SE OP update-GB over.

Weird indeed. What battery are you using?

Oh, that seems a bit strange then. I assume the resistor is strong enough to pass through the current. Could the battery be too weak? I have hard time accepting that the current is so low, when the goal was 3.5A.
And about that extension measurement - are you sure it can handle two cells? Kronos has changed the voltage range back to 3 - 4.2 V in the first post. I wouldn’t want you to fry that driver too soon :stuck_out_tongue:

Great ...and now we'll all expect you to do a giveaway .

Oh yeah…may I suggest an Eagle Eye X6 BLF Special Edition? :bigsmile:

edit: Oh, forgot to say: I’m in for cabfrank’s GAW!

Ooh, I had assumed that the –8.4V voltage range was just an error that was later fixed. Didn’t realize that it might mean that they might be changing the driver again. But now that I read the first post again, I notice that the “final specs” have changed into “NOT YET Final specs” at some point.

I will wait for further tests, but those initial tests do make it seem that this driver will fall short of the 3.5A on single cell performance.

guitar89 - have you accurately measured high amps before with your setup? I'm confused - did you get a BLF Special Edition version? We all know stock DMM leads won't cut it - not sure why you are using a resistor?? Never heard of this before.

That pad around the LED has always been there - even in the stock Eagle Eye X6 version. Been pictured/posted, etc.

I am pretty sure this is NOT one of the group buy lights. Not sure what Neal is doing but that appears to be the buck driver they were suggesting to use. They may have made some up and are now selling them off. Not sure about that. But that star doesn’t look right and neither does the output.

The only BLF Special Edition light sent out for testing, to my knowledge, should be in JohnnyMacs hands.

The light guitar is testing is definitely different from a stock X6, I’ve had 5 of those in hand. And it’s also different from the previous sample version of our Special Edition.

Sure makes things confusing, doesn’t it?

Not much with BG is straight forward and easy…

Sense resistor is the 1206 sticking out at 12 o’clock. Should be easy to get to threw the goop.

Also I believe Dale’s right that this isn’t a BLF edition, look at second to last pic, you can see the eagle eye logo.

Sounds like he’s using a shunt, which is totally fine as long as the resistor’s power rating is adequate for the current carried. That’s why on the ones I build I make the shunts myself.

Exactly. That is not an official updated sample. It's not even one of the original samples. Guitar89, you really need to remove these posts so no one gets false information. I know you think you are helping but what you have shouldn't (and doesn't appear to) be an official sample. I won't go into the things we see wrong because I don't want to put any more ideas into anyone's heads until the real sample is in my hands within the next day or two.

Just be patient, folks. Once I have the real sample I will update with my findings ASAP. ;) Once I'm done my test I'm sending it to DBCstm so he can compare as well. He'll be the one testing at 8.4v just in case it does burn out the driver.

Johnny

Dear JM,
The information I provide is from 2nd batch sample taken from Neal, all the things you guys say is true except fact about this sample from Neal.
I will remove all the information UNTIL it is useful…. well, confusion isn’t what I want to cause, just excited to share. :frowning:

However, after soldering 0.1 in series with LED, found out even 0.1 ohm is detrimental to the voltage (maybe because of buck driver working at limit, not like linear driver dumping extra voltage which have excess ceiling to add 0.1) :~

So the current reading I put on doesn’t usefull at all frankly, so I wait for JM’s sample for lumen & throw reading. (output is what it matters :open_mouth: )

Edit: Done deleting except this post and other information lingering around quotes. Out of my hands

My head is hurt'n... Just let me know when we can order Wink. I think the room is moving Smile

Too many opinions and wrong assumptions about this light.

Here are some facts:

• EE X6 is a nicely built quality budget light
  • EE X6 with BLF SE logo made many want to buy even as just an empty host
  • Many forum members have stated that they have every intention to "gut" the light anyway
  • At 1000Lm at just barely over 3A, this light is more than adequate, even for non-modders

This sample business is starting to turn into a bunch of BS. I am grateful that the first round went out. I am grateful that a second is being sent to Johnny and will wait to hear what Johnny has to say BUT speaking for myself there are still limits to my patience. The first custom sample was more than adequate but in an effort to please everybody Kronos, Neal, and EE went out of their way to please everybody with the want of 3.5 amps and eventually adding extra battery tubes by changing the driver and that just set off a bunch of people to bitch just for the sake of bitching and therefore introduced a bunch of delays when IN FACT these same people would still buy or bought this light at 3A (the MAX that EE said it would do from the get-go).

I have lots of experience with the development of new products and manufacturing and I completely understand the delays BUT there is no "one can do all" anything out there, whether be it flashlights, generators, cars, or even tractors. 90% of the manufacturers would go out of business if that was the case! This is a small powerhouse of a light (for the non-modders) and one that can be easily modified (for the modders).

The point is this - Without any further assumptions and comments about what the light is, we should wait for Johnny (one of the original QC reviewers) to review this second round and then we should decide THIS driver or the ORIGINAL driver and get on with it. I will honor my commitment as should everybody else but at this point I am thinking that would be happy with a stock unit upped to 3A and no blinkies instead of listening to "a little to the right, no a little to the left, more, more, stop" - ONLY to end up right where we started to begin with.

THIS IS ONLY A $20 LIGHT!

and this is only a budget light forum, and hey, there's a budget light we can talk about

No reason to flame about it, but I'm guessing guitar89 got a sample of the Eagle Eye X6, 2nd batch, so that makes a lot more sense now... He should have posted in an Eagle Eye X6 thread, like one of the review threads, and not here - this is a "BLF Special Edition X6" thread. He didn't show us a pic of the labeling on the light and didn't identify it, so we had no way of knowing... The room stopped spinning now Smile and I can get back to work Undecided and make some money so I can buy more flashlights.

My post is not directed at guitar89. It is due to the frustration caused by all of the assumptions and accusations with no basis of fact which in turn just create a bunch of unnecessary delays.

No offence intended, guitar89. I just don't want the information pool getting polluted unnecessarily. I believe that this was a sample sent to you by Neal. I never questioned that but to clarify though, was this a BLF SE 2nd batch sample he sent you or an EE X6 second batch sample?

hm…. I will put on exact quote (in chinese) attach I use google translate as below.

我觉得两个sample 都应该sent给 资深的BLF。 上次拿sample的人,都是很好的reviewer。 他们有更多器材测量仪器。
~
是的
会发一个给JohnnyMac, 因为这个主要是测试driver, 有一个人测试就可以了.
发一个给你, 因为我们没有沟通障碍,有什么问题可以更好的沟通.还有是因为我本来就说要发一个给你测试的,第一批的样品因为他们只做了5个
我自己保留了1个,发出原先的4个测试者,所以没有给到你.

I think the two sample should be sent to the senior BLF. The last person to take the sample, are good reviewer. They have more equipment measuring instruments.

Yes it is
Will send one to JohnnyMac, mainly because this is a test driver, a man tested on it.
Send one to you, because we have no communication barriers, what problem can communicate better. Well because I would have to say you want to send a test, the first batch of samples as they only had five
I have retained an issue the original four testers, so do not give to you.

These are exact translation from google, I didn’t alter any word. So some sounds weird…. bear with it, but you will get it.

Ok. I try to improve the translation slightly …

我觉得两个sample 都应该sent给 资深的BLF。 上次拿sample的人,都是很好的reviewer。 他们有更多器材测量仪器。

_I feel that I should send the 2 samples to senior BLF. The previous receivers of the testing samples are all good reviewers. They have more testing and measurement equipment.
_~
是的
Okay

会发一个给JohnnyMac, 因为这个主要是测试driver, 有一个人测试就可以了.
_I will send one to JohnnyMac as the key testing point is on the driver. One person to test on this aspect is sufficient.
_
发一个给你, 因为我们没有沟通障碍,有什么问题可以更好的沟通.还有是因为我本来就说要发一个给你测试的,第一批的样品因为他们只做了5个
我自己保留了1个,发出原先的4个测试者,所以没有给到你.
I have forwarded one to you as we do no have language and communication barrier. Any arising issue can be communicated through effectively. Further more, I have originally also promised to send one to you for testing. However, for the 1st batch of testing samples, there were only 5 pieces being prepared. As such, I have kept one and sent out the other 4 to other testers without sending any to you.