Group Buy-BLF X6-SE OP update-GB over.

Hello everyone,

How do I get on the list for this and can I get 2 or is 1 the limit?

Hi mcfarlie, no limit that I know of….there might have to be a second run but I’m pretty sure everyone will be taken care of.

Just post your tint preference by stating NW (neutral white) CW (cool white) or NP (no preference) and Kronological or JohnnyMac will get you added to the list.

Welcome aboard! :slight_smile:

Thank you! I’ll take 2 of the CW please.

One cw and one nw for me please :slight_smile:

Interested in a NW depending on price and driver characteristics.

Guess I better get in line.

2x cw
3x nw

Pending on final price.

Anyone able to recognize this driver ? I’m clueless :~

The latest sample was not acceptable to the sample team :~ (I don’t have time to elaborate now…gotta go to work).

Eagle Eye will be sending out another revised sample (hopefully the last!) to us for another evaluation. I apologize for the further delay.

I will try to address this further over the weekend.

BLF Christmas edition shipping soon :frowning:

Sorry, but this is getting ridiculous.
Just frustrated, I know it goes with the territory of dealing with China.

No Offense Krono and all the other’s that are trying to make this happen, but it sounded like it was getting close to “release the hounds” and take sales orders.
Now we are back on the 3-4 week escalator of life.

Hopefully it will be worth it in the end.
Later,
Keith

I just wish they would release the host version - there's nothing at all that should hold it up, whilst the driver saga continues... Ugh - I know they said the host would be released after the BLF deal, but seems kind of silly to hold them off in 'light' of these long delays.

My Chinese isn't good (in fact non-existing), but maybe guitar89 did in fact get the real BLF Special Edition 2nd round sample, and the poor tail amp readings were real - oh boy.... Pure speculation Smile while we are left hang'n.

It sounds like they are overly concerned about the unavoidable 1 cell XM-L2/copper high Vf issue. The reality is there is no cost effective solution around to work with average cells, so just strongly recommend a low resistance, decent capacity cell like a Samsung 25R/Efest 35A/LG HE2/SONY VTC5 and that's as good as you can do...

From the pics in #2003 above (Group Buy-BLF X6-SE OP update-GB over.), it looks like there’s a remnant of the pos emitter wire? If that is the emitter wire then it seems a bit small gauge?

I’m in for one CW and one NW. These will be great stocking stuffers!

I have to agree, but I don’t think that is main problem. However…. will try change every bottleneck later.

They have one more try and them I’m backing out. This is getting too ridiculous. The first sample batch were not even close to our specifications, and now the second batch is bad? I was wanting some cool flashlights, but with this taking so long, I may have to take my money elsewhere.

With the horrible shipping times from china, we will be lucky to see these by Christmas 2015! I don’t think Banggood realizes that once people lose faith in their ability to deliver, they may be stuck with 500+ flashlights with a logo that they can’t sell.

Krono, johnnyMac and the gang, you guys rock for seeing this through; I would have suffered a stroke by now so my hat is off to you guys. I’m not much of an “online venter,” but eventually you have to say “enough is enough.”

Guys, don't worry about this second round driver. It's a non-issue. That driver was a massive failure in more ways than one. They are sending a 3rd sample out with a 3rd driver. This one completely different from the previous two. I hear your frustrations and share them with you but all we can do is be patient and hang tight. In the end this is Krono's baby and we all look forward to what he decides.

Just done it, nothing different, except my clock is ticking for sleep. Photos ? later on… 0:) sleeping time

[quote=Muto]
BLF Christmas edition shipping soon :frowning:

or ‘April Fools’ Edition

Tell them to get the best driver available and adjust the light price accordingly. Not sure I speak for all but I want QUALITY and price is less of a concern, within reason of course. IMO too many Chinese companies apparently do not understand the concept of high and CONSISTENT quality.

I guess I'll just have to get by on the few dozen flashlights I already have in the meantime .

Laughing

I have opened up the sample light and made an adjustment with the sense resistors. I have asked Neal to look into this for the bunch of us here and we will be waiting to see what they can do. It’s really as simple as changing one of the sense resistors on the original sample driver.

The question is this…how necessary is it to get the medium mode lowered away from the high mode IF high is some 200+ lumens brighter than medium and Turbo is 300+ lumens brighter than High?

What I have proposed is a simple single change that will net a Turbo in the 1200 lumen range. (more but who’s counting)

In my test sample this configuration gives a 1.89A current draw in Medium. That would still be a feasible 60 minutes plus of pretty high output (in the 700 lumen range, maybe a bit less) Would this be ok or would they need to rewrite the firmware to lower Medium? For what it’s worth, my test sample is doing 2.63A in High and 3.73A in Turbo. And because it will be asked, .10A in Lo and .02ish in moon for around 5 lumens.

I know people are getting restless to get this show on the road, and we ARE working on making it the best it can be within the limitations we are given. I do not know if they will be willing to set up the lights as I have here, but even a bit less on the high end would easily accomplish the mission…they would just have to rewrite medium if they don’t go this far with it. I have spoken with Krono as well as Neal in this regard and we are all waiting for the world to spin around a bit more for some answers.

Point being, there are alternatives on the table and things are being worked on. Please be patient and let the powers that be mull over this new information.