Uniquefire UF-1405 - A worthy zoomy?

Have to say, I’d really love to see some beamshots of this 1405 running a direct drive MT-G2.

Im going to be putting an MT-G2 in mine. Not sure I will be direct driving it though. This aluminium heatsink doesnt look very adequate. I think I will bore out the centre to bring it out to to 20mm required for the Noctigon to fit first and then press some copper in there.

Looking at it some more I don’t think copper is going to be an option. There isn’t much space between the driver and the emitter shelf.

IMO it is more than enough to drive it at 3A or little less(amc7135). These days mine XP-G2 S2(selected) in 50 mm aspherics goes 300kcd(Before R5 non selected at 3,6A "only" about 250kcd).

I like when I have at least 30 minutes on 1×18650(and full performance for abut 20 minutes on pana pf)

4A is a bit to much.

I am trying to look for 18650 dummy cell, but seems like there is no any.

I would not get over the fact that I'd carry around 7cm of extra battery tube for nothing :-(

The dummy cell could be a split design and a few bills of currency could be rolled around the center rod, making a nice stash for emergencies. :slight_smile:

Ah of course, come to think of it, that is where you put the round that projectiles the nail into the battery for the self-destruction mode after 37 fast-clicks.

Indeed!

Edit: Hey wait a minute! I know this light! The new AnusFire Kamikazee!

This is for people like me who is too lazy to machine the battery tube down into 1*18650 format, and seemingly can’t find a decent 16mm buck driver. :frowning:

I have decided I’m going to go a direct drive MT-G2. Just need to machine out the pill to fit the 20mm star.

@ led4power: That is normal for an lens system. Sort of equates to the effect of having a donut hole in the beam @ 3 meters and none @ 10 meters with a reflector light. It is about where the perfect focus is.

File dispute in PayPal, get the refund, and use the refunded money to buy the real 1405.

Keep your free 1406 or make it a giveaway in BLF lol.

I am in no hurry, keeping Bonnie busy, she does all kinds of unacceptable offers at the moment trying to sell me the 1406 at almost retail price, and I keep telling her that she is being unreasonable and that I want the flashlight delivered that I ordered, not a different one. If the ticket ever gets resolved, I will post the whole hilarious conversation. I will tell you now that it is not to the credit of Fasttech! (well, at least they have some unreasonable employee talking to you, that may be better than no answer at all, like what happens with several other chinese vendors )

If anyone in Australia is interested in one of these lights with plans to mod it. Let me know.

I have pulled it apart and the LED is gone but I still have the original untouched driver and I have replaced the O’ring which seems to be breaking whenever anyone undoes the bezel. I was going to modify it with an MT-G2 as I said previously and have been waiting for the driver to arrive but I think I would prefer to go for the Jax Z1 now.

I have modified the switch as per post #159 above. It is a far superior set up now as the original one had shocking contacts. This has been verified as working as I did the mod prior to stripping the rest of the light down and tested the switch.

Does anyone has the Convoy L5? Looks like it takes 2*18650 so it should have buck driver inside isn’t it? And I guess it is 17mm as well?

I think this is the driver in the L5

Edit: Here is an HKJ review. Looks like a 20mm contact board mated to a 18.5mm driver. Probably too big?

Edit again: Does anyone have a source for” this driver”:http://www.fasttech.com/products/1612/10001753/1127409-3v-8-4v-5-mode-0-7a-led-flashlight-driver-circuit? Check out the reviews and the Fast Tech results on the linked page. Looks like their getting 3A with 2 lithiums, even though it’s supposedly a .7A driver. I can’t find a source for it though. I’d love to get a solid 3A in a 17mm package that can take 2 lithiums.

The contact board doesn’t look like LD-29 though… or is it just the contact board?

I didn’t notice there is such 17mm buck driver in Fasttech, good find. :slight_smile: It looks like other everyone is getting 3A or above with this driver, which is actually good for our case. For under $3 it worth a shot.

But sadly, FastTech lists it as discontinued...

Lol, why always the good stuffs that we need discontinued too soon?