COURUI DO1 'Big Head' (Black/GRAY NOW AVAILABLE) $29.99 @ Gearbest ( use coupon: gbcourui) A long-throw modder's light!

Great news, my Courui Bu_ck driver is up and running! The initial idea for the series conversion using only the driver PCB didn’t work out so I made a secondary board that sandwiches between the driver and cells (floats there) to be the series conversion plate then makes contact with points on the driver.

I went with PIC (cause it’s what I wanted, gotta keep myself interested) so I know that means most people won’t be able to DIY. In the next couple weeks after some extensive testin I will get a thread up on the driver as well as my price to do the conversion to your light. The 2 boards alone are $36 (for 2 set’s of three, $13 total per light) so it won’t be cheap but I believe once you guy’s see it running you’ll feel it’s worth the price. I’ve ran it all the way up to 8.2A and as low as 4A with a single reaistor swap.
So far seems to be running very stable.

The gray version of this light is officially ready for order, at the same price.

Use same coupon code (gbcourui), to choose, just click on the ‘gray’ color box

I have already tested the same code in both versions and it works.

That seems to be the case. The GB coupon is invalid with the gray. Since the difference is less than $2 I ordered the gray.

As of now the status of my order is still ‘processing’. If they decide to send the NiteCorn charger instead because the gray is not available then I think that’s fine with me. :Sp

Hi bro,

I just tried and it works. I’ll check your order.

Decisions - decisions…

Anyway I think $31 for the gray isn’t bad. :_(

Hi Garry,

The gray version is now available and can be ordered by using the same ‘gbcourui’ coupon code used to order the black version.

FINALLY

Thanks for the Info!
Should be written in the thread title IMO

Edit: And bought.
I am so full of expectation in the next Month…
M2 Host, LuckySun D80, Courui D01, Yezl Y3 + Tube extension
Great stuff is on the way to me

Just in case you might not have noticed right away, the title has been edited, and the first portion of the op has this latest information.

Thanks for the reminder, nonetheless!

Thanks! Ordered!

-Garry

• That’s great!
  • You’ll have no room to complain about this, you know most of us do not have PIC development tools. You recognized the problem and did it anyway!
  • What emitter did you test with at 8.2A, XM-L2 or MT-G2? I’m definitely looking forward to XM-L2 results.

Well, it was worth it. Nice ano, AR Lens, Good Reflector (Mine is Heavy-Plated), XM-L2, don’t know what color, or flavor, just got it out of the USPS outside unit, and it was very cold, so waiting for it to warm up. Oh, it is 3p1s, so should get enough juice. Oh, one Problema, sin los rings. No, rings, missing in action, takes 2, but both no aqui. No, problema, I will just use some spares. Will try it later, but is well worth the wait and money, good buy, slow boat from China delivery.

Sweet! That’s encouraging. Rings??

O-Ring (seals)

http://www.fasttech.com/products/1607/10001027/1208508-water-tight-o-ring-seal-42mm-2-pack

Gotcha, thanks!

GB just send me this message: “We will resend a new reflector for you”. :slight_smile:

:beer: :wink:

3 o-rings - 2 split. They seem very thin and very small diameter for the tube.
Also one screw thread stripped in the tail holding the battery springs.
I like my yezl 3 that I ordered with the Courui better! Much better quality.
Oh well. Such is the world of a tight-arse (edit - budgeteer :slight_smile: )

i cant seem to find a review of this baby running stock
can you please give me the link. appreciate it.

also stock vs stock which is better in throw?
Yexl y3, hd2010 or courui?
sorry but no modders here in my country.

thanks

FWIW I just took a closer look at the stock driver (in person). Others have probably already realized this stuff but it didn’t sink in for me based on LinusHofmann’s teardown.

• This driver is a DD driver using two baby FETs and an R200 limiting resistor. It also features an inductor for smoother lows (I suppose… or maybe it’s just there because they had a bunch of inductors they wanted to get rid of). The two FETs are marked A0DG.
  • The PCB is an HX-1337a, which is designed to contain a dual-channel buck driver based on the QX9920 driver IC. (or rather, a pair of them - it’s dual channel). m4dm4x shows the fully populated driver pretty well in this review of the Kinfire K1200s. In that review we also see how the tail contact board looks with the proper switch installed.

Initial observations about the light and it’s condition:

• Came in a plastic bag inside a small brown corrugated cardboard box which was inside a fairly nice bubble mailer. The bubble mailer was wrapped fairly tightly around the box.
  • Very dry, little to no lubrication.
  • All 5 of the o-rings I’ve looked at so far have been OK, but they could easily get damaged during assembly or disassemble with the lack of lubrication.
  • Reflector has no scratches or chips. It does have some very small blemishes. It also has a sharp, visible ring about 1cm away from the front. It doesn’t seem like a problem, but is that present on everyone else’s?
  • As I mentioned above, there are certainly much better candidates out there for series conversions IMO.

Overall I’d say I got about what I expected. (although I haven’t turned it on yet ;))

Sorry to correct you but I’m from Leyte and I’ve modded several lights already. :wink:

I only do it as a hobby though - not for other members. :bigsmile:

The Courui should be the better thrower because of its wider and deeper reflector IMO. I don’t have the Y3 but I have an HD2010 and a K40 which has about the same reflector specs with the Courui. My HD2010 does 43.9 KCD (419 meters) stock while my K40 did 85 KCD (585 meters) stock. Now dedomed, it does 182.4 KCD (854 meters). :slight_smile:

P.S. Tatasal is from Bacolod and I think he has started modding already. H)