Code now public! BLF A6 FET+7135 Light. Short 18350 tubes and Unanodized Lights Available

And please make it optional add-on, too. [If I want a clip, I’ll use velcro]

+1

I prefer Very Deep pocket carry, and that means No Clip! - Of all of the lights that I have that came with a clip, I have never used any of them.

Thanks,
-Chuck

Thanks TK, for revisiting that little chart of the different cells. As y’all can see from that, YOU control a lot of the variables by a simple cell choice. Runtimes, heat output, and overall max lumens can be variable by the cell choice.

Gonna need light for more time but less of an issue of Turbo? Choose the Panasonic B cell for maximum run times with decent output. A Pan BD will give higher output but keep run times very respectable, as will the new Samsung 30Q and LG 3200mAh cells. Moving to the higher discharge versions will increase output but create more heat, less run time. YOU decide how these factors come into play when you pick the cell to drop in.

Loaning to a friend? Use a protected high capacity cell to limit potential noob issues and help ensure your light comes back unharmed. I really like how this works with the FET driver, and the FET +1 is so danged efficient in the lower modes a cell seems to last forever, even the top high discharge cells run well in the lower modes with a Turbo standby that is amazing! :slight_smile:

This firmware has changed my preference for UI, I love it, use it a LOT and am disappointed with other lights that don’t have it. In short, this one is a spoiler! :wink:

Please add me to the list for three lights.

Two in CW

One in NW

Thanks

No, not in my budget.

But you’ll be fun to watch.

I would like to have one in NW. Thank you

can you put me down for 2 CW, thank you

i think he got something wrong the value in question is thermal conductivity. w/(m K)

Silver 429
Copper 401
Gold 310
Beryllium 218
Aluminum 205
Tungsten 174
Magnesium 156
Iridium 147
Molybdenum 138
Aluminum Brass 121
Zinc Zn 116
Bronze 110
Brass 109
Chromium 94
Cadmium 92
Nickel 91
Iron 80
Platinum 70
Cobalt 69
Tin Sn 67
Iron, wrought 59
Iron, cast 55
Carbon Steel 54

Source: Solids, Liquids and Gases - Thermal Conductivities

1 CW for me.

Just a question… It’s On Topic, I promise… Sorta:-)

The Convoy S2+ (which I have) has a shallower reflector than it’s sibling the Convoy S2 (which I don’t have). - Therefor, it is said that the S2 Throws further that the floodier S2+. - Correct?

So - Just where does the flood/throw ratio of the EE A6 fall in comparison to these two Convoys? - Talking at the Same lumen output, of course.

Is it more like the S2 or the S2+?

None of these could be said to be a ‘Thrower’, I’m quite sure, but all things are relative. - I can say that my S2+ is almost all flood, and that’s a very good thing for me ‘sometimes’, at at other times… not so good.

I’m Really curious about this, so thanks to all that care to answer!
-Chuck

Throw is all about width, much less about depth. I've seen it work that way and the light/optics guys here pretty much have all said that. Not sure why/who would say that, unless it's SMO vs. OP, or some other factor.

Hi Tom,

It’s my understanding that a shallow reflector allows for an increased spill width, and the lumens to do this must come from somewhere?

My S2+ has a very wide spill.

I do understand that the size ratio of LED to Reflector determines the size of the focused Hot Spot, and therefor it’s intensity at any given ouput, but is not the width of the spill important too?

I dunno - But I want to…

Thanks!
-Chuck

Chuck - the best I can do is a couple pics when I get home in a couple days...unless Dale or TK have one of each to illustrate the difference.

Thanks to all that have replied!

:slight_smile:

-Chuck

1+ EE A6 vs Convoy S2 and S2+.
I’ve have also been wondering how EE A6 falls in comparison to the Convoy S2 and S2+.

Hi Halo,

“Enquiring Minds Want to Know”!

Surely someone has both… But are probably otherwise involved at the moment:-)

Thanks,
-Chuck

It's not so simple - I've spent some time earlier re-reading a few threads that went in great detail. For example, a deep reflector (deep within reason, not 40 feet Smile) light will usually have a smaller hot spot but have more light in the spill, though total width of the spill is less. A comparable light with a shallower reflector (not in nanometers Smile) will have a wider hot spot (wider spill) but have pretty much the same throw. Sounds strange, but again, experts have spoken and pretty much I can confirm that with dozens of different reflectors I've tested. A TN31 reflector is relatively deep with tight hot spot and does have great throw, while I've been very disappointed with my 7G9's throw, though it a higher depth to width ratio that the TN31. Buried a little down in this thread's OP: https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/23020 is a pretty darn good list of BLF thread links that go into a ton of technical discussions on LED's, throw, etc. - some I can understand, some are certainly over my head.

The 7G9 is one example of an extra deep reflector with disappointing results - I've seen many others, like the deep C8's, the Warsun X60/CT9 style/size, and the infamous NiWalker Vostro BK-FA01, or the TrustFire 168A here: tmart.com/Trustfire-168A, which drove me crazy seeing this super small tight hot spot that didn't do any better in throw than a standard C8, and is for sure the deepest C8 size reflector I've ever seen.

This is a source I trust very much, Dr. Jones, and here is what he has to say in the para. "What throw depends on": http://lux.yi.org/throw/.

Throw, Convoy S2 vs S2+.
Ok, maybe we need to start with that. :smiley: Anyone know a good thread?

Tom,

I probably shouldn’t embarrass you like this, but I want you to know that you are one of the few that I look up to on this forum when regarding theoretical aspects of light propagation:-)

No - I have just now seen your post (so have not looked at any of your links), but trust me, I will be doing so!

Thanks so much for taking the time for a detailed reply…

Halo,

Yeah! - What you said:-)

That’s what I was really wanting to ask in the beginning, but because of my tangent on ‘reflector theory’, I took my own question OT.

Anyone else have something to say about ‘any’ of this? - Specifically, how does the ‘beam profile’ of a Convoy S2 and S2+ compare to an EE A6? - Regarding Flood and Throw?

Thanks so much!
-Chuck

No prob, just wanted to clarify for all those following - didn't mean to preach, everyone is at a different level of understanding, so can't be sure what's known and what's unknown.